'Blackout' hits 1 billion streams on Spotify

PiperHalliwell

7 hours ago, La Reina said:

Britney fans of all people should know that streams/sales =/= quality, especially since Blackout was one of her less streamed albums before "Gimmie More" went viral on TikTok, yet it's her best album. You lot get so easily triggered that you lose your logic in the process.

Besides, "Genie in a Bottle" is peaking in daily streams on Spotify in 2024, so my point stands. A+ for effort though.

So if Genie aged better than BOMT, then why aren't people coming back to it more? Like where is the logic :toofunny2: And I did not only provide streaming numbers but also recent lists from prestigious publications like Rolling Stone and Billboard.

They're not even remotely close in acclaim :deadbanana4:

Screenshot-2024-04-01-at-16-19-54.png

Screenshot-2024-04-01-at-16-20-05.png

BOMT is more streamed, more acclaimed, and more referenced - those are all facts. "Genie is aging better" - that's your opinion (as a fan of that woman, no less). Imagine saying that with your whole chest while BOMT is literally featured on two new movies as we speak. :bibliahh:

And congrats I guess, but that's not saying much considering how bad Genie's total streams are. It's not even bigger than second-tier Britney classics like Womanizer and Circus. BOMT just hit several new all-time peaks on Spotify in the past few weeks as well and it's still doubling Genie's daily streams. :gaycat5:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PiperHalliwell

• shyboi

• Anticipating

• La Reina

2 hours ago, Anticipating said:

So if Genie aged better than BOMT, then why aren't people coming back to it more?

They are. As I said, it's been peaking in daily streams on Spotify and has gone viral on TikTok:

It's also outstreaming Dove's version on YouTube and Spotify on a daily basis by more than double. And the nerve to talk about acclaim when Xtina won the coveted Best New Artist GRAMMY based on the strength of "Genie in a Bottle" ALONE while your fave walked out empty handed even after performing and dressing up to the nines. Biased critic lists by former stans won't change anything. And btw, "Genie" is on Billboard's Top 500 Best Pop Songs of All Time List.

Now stop quoting me over a mere opinion that I (and some other people) have. Congrats to Britney on this achievement and move the **** on.

Blackout is by far the best pop album ever released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

An amazing album and the fact that it stills sounds fresh :clap3: 

49 minutes ago, La Reina said:

They are. As I said, it's been peaking in daily streams on Spotify and has gone viral on TikTok:

It's also outstreaming Dove's version on YouTube and Spotify on a daily basis by more than double. And the nerve to talk about acclaim when Xtina won the coveted Best New Artist GRAMMY based on the strength of "Genie in a Bottle" ALONE while your fave walked out empty handed even after performing and dressing up to the nines. Biased critic lists by former stans won't change anything. And btw, "Genie" is on Billboard's Top 500 Best Pop Songs of All Time List.

Now stop quoting me over a mere opinion that I (and some other people) have. Congrats to Britney on this achievement and move the **** on.

I clearly asked why people aren't streaming Genie over BOMT if it has aged so well. Not my fault you lack reading comprehension. But now that you've posted figures... that's it? :bibliahh: Even Oops!...I Did It Again ended her with ease.

Congrats on Xtina finally outstreaming Dove Cameron I guess - doesn't change the fact your fave doesn't even have the biggest song titled Genie in a Bottle on YouTube. So much for being a classic. :skull:

And not you bringing up that dusty ass Grammy when we're arguing about which song aged better :bibliahh:How does an award from 24 years ago prove anything? I provided lists from THIS decade. Rolling Stone and Billboard aren't any more biased than the old white men at the Grammy committee. Xtina doesn't get any retrospective acclaim because she has no classics.

Maybe stop coming into Britney threads getting brave if you don't wanna get clocked. :heart2:

OT: Congrats to Blackout! Not everyone has an album with 1 billion streams, believe it or not.

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

Congrats to Blackout! Not everyone has an album with 1 billion streams, believe it or not.

Oh no don't tell me that :chick2:

14 hours ago, Anticipating said:

I clearly asked why people aren't streaming Genie over BOMT if it has aged so well. Not my fault you lack reading comprehension. But now that you've posted figures... that's it? :bibliahh: Even Oops!...I Did It Again ended her with ease.

Congrats on Xtina finally outstreaming Dove Cameron I guess - doesn't change the fact your fave doesn't even have the biggest song titled Genie in a Bottle on YouTube. So much for being a classic. :skull:

And not you bringing up that dusty ass Grammy when we're arguing about which song aged better :bibliahh:How does an award from 24 years ago prove anything? I provided lists from THIS decade. Rolling Stone and Billboard aren't any more biased than the old white men at the Grammy committee. Xtina doesn't get any retrospective acclaim because she has no classics.

Maybe stop coming into Britney threads getting brave if you don't wanna get clocked. :heart2:

OT: Congrats to Blackout! Not everyone has an album with 1 billion streams, believe it or not.

Are you serious? 426k vs. 509k daily streams is not the difference you think it is. :skull: And that "dusty ass Grammy" means a whole lot more than those lists since it can never be won ever again while those lists are updated every few years or so. It also meant a lot to your fave, according to her sister.

And again, "Genie" is on Billboard's Top 500 Best Pop Songs of All Time List. So it's also on critic lists. The only one lacking reading comprehension here is you.

20 hours ago, Anticipating said:

Congrats on Xtina finally outstreaming Dove Cameron

:deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, La Reina said:

Are you serious? 426k vs. 509k daily streams is not the difference you think it is. :skull: And that "dusty ass Grammy" means a whole lot more than those lists since it can never be won ever again while those lists are updated every few years or so. It also meant a lot to your fave, according to her sister.

And again, "Genie" is on Billboard's Top 500 Best Pop Songs of All Time List. So it's also on critic lists. The only one lacking reading comprehension here is you.

Once again, Genie in a Bottle was ended. :gaycatney6:

Again, you're bringing up an award from 24 years (!!!) ago in a discussion about which song sounds better NOW. Mind you, Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo weren't even born yet... it's time to move on :deadbanana2:What's next? Mickey Mouse Club receipts? But if your fave winning the same award as Meghan Trainor and Alessia Cara makes you feel better, then you can have that i guess. Longevity, success and impact >>> a dusty award. 

You're right, I stand corrected. Congrats to Genie for making it to a whopping #228 on the list while BOMT was #12. :clap:

• Haha 1

This thread is not about BOMT x Genie.. jesus ******* christ :mazen:

On 3/31/2024 at 10:53 AM, slw84 said:

The fact that it was her strongest single line up from all her eras.

They just needed one more single and any track could do.

Radar :eli: 

Deserves 10 but slay :clap3:

7 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Radar :eli: 

Radar stunk up the Circus era which deserved it for not releasing Unusual you during the Twlight peak era. Like...

Might as well pushed When you gonna pull it and Tell me what ur sippon on too.

While I love Perfect lover, heaven on earth, toy soldier, and why should i be sad none of them would have told the story of the era correctly. Get naked would have been Gimme more's double d popular sister had it had a dope visual.

On 4/2/2024 at 12:36 PM, Anticipating said:

You're right, I stand corrected. Congrats to Genie for making it on the list

This is what you should've said all along and kept it moving.

And yes, congrats to a classic that's peaking in daily streams on Spotify 25 years after its release and aging like fine wine. We love you "Genie in a Bottle" :heart:

3 hours ago, La Reina said:

And yes, congrats to a classic that's peaking in daily streams on Spotify 25 years after its release and aging like fine wine.

Indeed :clap:Not everyone has that

OT: Her 5th billion album :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.