Ariana & Beyoncé have exact same singles achievements on Hot 100

duybeeGAshantiGA

9 #1s

22 Top 10s

85 Songs

Both have 7 albums too :rip:

Isnt this kinda insane?

Ariana is the new legend! Bey has been one for while!

• Like 1

Until next week :clack:

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

New legend :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

Until next week :clack:

Well it's fun while it lasts...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Icons. :jonny6: See atrl this is why consistency > one huge peak. There's a reason why Bey is the only one left still pulling numbers compared to her peers and even those that debuted way after her. 

That's such a cute coïncidence. :laugh:

Two legends :alexz:

Vocalists only.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Legends tingz

Only Ariana did it in 12 years or so, never truly changed her sound, while Bey did it soundshifting, being political, controversial and over a much longer scale.

They are not comparable, despite same stats. Also, Bey stayed overall much longer at #1, her hits are mostly HUGE

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Only Ariana did it in 12 years or so, never truly changed her sound, while Bey did it soundshifting, being political, controversial and over a much longer scale.

They are not comparable, despite same stats. Also, Bey stayed overall much longer at #1, her hits are mostly HUGE

i take the point but this doesn't have to be a competition. they're not in the same category at all. it's just cute and impressive, and Bey obviously likes Ariana.

to me this is just another indication that Ariana is THEE pop girlie of the 2010s. and Ariana has plenty of time and talent within her to do the things Bey has done with her platform as she gets older. AND as i keep saying in any and every thread i can, Ariana is the ONLY one even attempting to see Bey vocally.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Queens

10 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

This is a cute thread. It was not a comparison or a competition. No need to put down one of them, they all have their strengths. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Wow, didn't know Ari already has 22 Top 10 hits :clap3:

Beyoncé would have more If she cared and Made Promo 

22 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Not you making this cute coincidence into a competition. Nobody is discrediting Bey. In fact Ariana has credited Bey's artistry as a major influence on her sound since the beginning. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, qurl said:

AND as i keep saying in any and every thread i can, Ariana is the ONLY one even attempting to see Bey vocally.

And not only that, she's a worker, always working at her craft, still learning from Mariah and Beyoncé. She would try to redo their runs etc, I hate how much Beyoncé's influence on her voice and music is underplayed. She has a great future in front of her. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, qurl said:

i take the point but this doesn't have to be a competition. they're not in the same category at all. it's just cute and impressive, and Bey obviously likes Ariana.

to me this is just another indication that Ariana is THEE pop girlie of the 2010s. and Ariana has plenty of time and talent within her to do the things Bey has done with her platform as she gets older. AND as i keep saying in any and every thread i can, Ariana is the ONLY one even attempting to see Bey vocally.

22 minutes ago, BnPac said:

This is a cute thread. It was not a comparison or a competition. No need to put down one of them, they all have their strengths. 

6 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Not you making this cute coincidence into a competition. Nobody is discrediting Bey. In fact Ariana has credited Bey's artistry as a major influence on her sound since the beginning. 

Chill lol im just saying this thread draws comparisons and makes it seem they are equal, when in my eyes they are not. Thats all :-*

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, BnPac said:

And not only that, she's a worker, always working at her craft, still learning from Mariah and Beyoncé. She would try to redo their runs etc, I hate how much Beyoncé's influence on her voice and music is underplayed. She has a great future in front of her. 

This. Everyone mentions Mariah which obviously makes sense but Beyoncé's influence is all over Ariana's discography. The staccato rap singing (ex: 7 rings). True Story sounds like a Destiny Child song from the late 90s/early 00s. The Beyoncé influence flies under the radar because Ariana and Bey are tonally different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Iconic 

8 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Chill lol im just saying this thread draws comparisons and makes it seem they are equal, when in my eyes they are not. Thats all :-*

Of course they are not equal. Beyoncé started her career 14 years before Ari...

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.