UMG artists can now tease music on Spotify.

Yog

TikTok is shaking, WOW!!!

• Thumbs Down 2

just in time for charli's next single :rip:

Ooh this will be interesting. :duca: It will be refreshing to not have only TikTok decide the hits anymore. 

Nice we won't have to hear LQ twitter snippets anymore. 

WHAT????????????

16 minutes ago, Hector said:

Ooh this will be interesting. :duca: It will be refreshing to not have only TikTok decide the hits anymore. 

What will it change? TikTok is huge because random people can create their own clips and share songs this way.

• Like 6

I don't get it…

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I don't get it…

2 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I don't get it…

How? It's self explanatory :michael:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Squall said:

What will it change? TikTok is huge because random people can create their own clips and share songs this way.

Don't give Spotify and the other services any ideas

:khalyan2:

4 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I don't get it…

Artists can post video clips teasing songs in advance, basically what TikTok is being used for. 

My only "issue" is that Spotify is a one-way street right now.  Like…it can't go viral and be in users' feeds constantly like on TT.  

But good for driving pre-saves I guess. 

Edited by professor2000
  • Like 8

the whole point of uploading it on tiktok is for people outside of ur audience to listen to the snippet. for all that the artist is better off uploading it to instagram reels at that point :rip: 

• Like 14

27 minutes ago, Caesar said:

the whole point of uploading it on tiktok is for people outside of ur audience to listen to the snippet. for all that the artist is better off uploading it to instagram reels at that point :rip: 

I bet they'll link it in with other socials so that you can share/post a video/snippet etc. outside of spotify.

the quicker the toktik dies the better :giraffe:

Interesting, I have to wonder if "streams" of these snippets will count towards the songs total streams once it's released, especially if the snippet is 30 seconds or longer since that's the time threshold of what Spotify counts as a stream. 

I get the feeling this is UMG's answer to not (officially) being able to utilize TikTok to promote these types of hype building snippets, but...there's no way it will have the same effect. :skull: With that in mind, it kinda feels like UMG is grasping at straws and sort of implies they're panicking at TikTok not taking the bait when they followed through on their threat to leave the platform earlier this year. :rip:

1 hour ago, SLUTTVFTV said:

just in time for charli's next single :rip:

she's in warner

Yeah this isn't going to do anything sufficient to what TikTok did in its peak … or even still doing imo :kitty: 

56 minutes ago, Caesar said:

28 minutes ago, Forestboy said:

I bet they'll link it in with other socials so that you can share/post a video/snippet etc. outside of spotify.

^ this.

But also, I wonder if they'll promote the videos to user feeds who follow/listen to similar artists.  Almost like an ad slipped into their regular feed.

just in time for Camila's upcoming album. :clap3:

• Like 1

all because of SZA's tantrum with her unreleased

1 hour ago, Forestboy said:

why is ATRL so anti-tiktok? if anything, they've lowkey helped alot of ATRLs faves get another hit / more streams on their tiktok. radios didn't use to really try to play music from older female artists or artists that don't fit the standard norms. tiktok has given exposure to such a diverse amount of artists.

it's just like when ATRL was getting upset streaming was changing up the charts after it was included. when in reality charts haven't been more representative of what people are actually listening to. not just what's being payoled on the radio waves or practically only including the people who can afford to spend $1.29 on a song or $12-20 on a album. 

spotify should evolve into a mini sm platform, allow comments, discussions about music, post updates, etc 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Caesar said:

why is ATRL so anti-tiktok? if anything, they've lowkey helped alot of ATRLs faves get another hit / more streams on their tiktok. radios didn't use to really try to play music from older female artists or artists that don't fit the standard norms. tiktok has given exposure to such a diverse amount of artists.

it's just like when ATRL was getting upset streaming was changing up the charts after it was included. when in reality charts haven't been more representative of what people are actually listening to. not just what's being payoled on the radio waves or practically only including the people who can afford to spend $1.29 on a song or $12-20 on a album. 

Bit of generalisation going on there tbh. My dislike for the toktik has nothing to do with ATRL, it's just literal cancer. The fact the CCP make money from it is reason enough alone to not use it, apart from the fact it's completely distorting the music industry massively - despite people getting the odd viral thing on there, it's doing absolute shxt for the industry as a whole. 

Kelly Clarkson already did that for her two lead single off ''chemistry'' and I highly doubt it got anyone interested outside of her fanbase

Spotify should pay the artists more

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.