Which of these streaming smashes would lose most units if you had to buy them?

BrandNewBrandon

BrandNewBrandon

Madame Web is a big bomb at the box office but will bring sh!tloads of people to watch in for free on streaming. Same as streaming smashes like Jennifer Lopez' The Mother and Chris Hemsworth's Extraction movies could've been box office bombs if released in theatres. You get the picture. 

So with that in mind, which of these streaming giants would be the least successful if it was only in stores to buy for $10-$15 each?

SZA - SOS

SZA-SOS.jpg

Ariana Grande - Eternal Sunshine

eternal%2520sunshine.jpeg

Morgan Wallen - Dangerous: The Double Album

71szkhEjZKL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Taylor Swift - Midnights

web.ae_.midnights.review.courtesy-900x90

The Weeknd - After Hours

the-weeknd-after-hours-album.jpg

Bad Bunny - Un Verano Sin Ti

Bad-Bunny-Un-Verano-Sin-Ti.jpg

Discuss and keep it cute. 

Edited by BrandNewBrandon

All of them except Mid-nights.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Bad Bunny easily. 

But all of them would do less in pure sales era.

Bad bunny, his music is for poor people and poor people can't afford to buy music. They only listen to him between spotify ads.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 12

Bad bunny considering how his tour is doing.

Just now, Glamthony said:

Bad bunny, his music is for poor people and poor people can't afford to buy music. They only listen to him between spotify ads.

This ain't it.

2 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

.......... girl i----------------------

2 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

Kamala Harris Listening GIF by Election 2020

5 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

This is incredibly classist. A blatant example of needing to shut the f uck up and keep your words to yourself.

OT: Bad Bunny. At one point his album sold like 20-30 physicals in a week, but had like 60k SPS  :skull: 

Edited by LustSpell
  • Like 1

Bad Bunny would lose the most proportionally, Taylor would still on top - she is still and was always a physical album seller queen. Her fanbase is the largest most dedicated out of the above so no matter how bad sales get she'll still do massive numbers.

• Like 2

nnnn Midnights has, conservatively, moved 3-4M pure units worldwide (and to the best of my knowledge is sitting at like 2.8M+ in the US, I hope someone will correct me if I'm underestimating), and is one of the (if not the) best selling records of this decade:ryan3:

If it wasn't on streaming I fear it would be a sales smash. I can't say the same for some of the other albums you mention. As for which will lose the most, probably UVST, followed by ES, then SOS, then After Hours, and then Dangerous which also had some very strong pure sales.

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 2

in order from most affected to least affected 

Bad Bunny

The Weeknd

Ariana

Morgan

SZA

Taylor

Idk but Taylor wouldn't be affected at all, she's just as capable of moving pure sales as she is in streaming <3 Has been that way for nearly 2 decades now. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, punisher said:

Bad Bunny

The Weeknd

Ariana

Morgan

SZA

Taylor

I would put Morgan above SZA. Maybe SZA would be more of a singles-artists. Also nearly all of Morgan streams come from North America where album sales are the highest so.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

This is so wrong but the brashness really took me by surprise 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

This is pretty racist

OT: Bad Bunny :sistrens:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

:suburban:

12 minutes ago, punisher said:

Bad Bunny

The Weeknd

Ariana

Morgan

SZA

Taylor

Morgan's album literally outsold SOS x10 in pure so him above her is a choice :rip:

OT: Bad Bunny, but who cares it is 2024 not 1994.

SZA wouldn't pull of huge physical Numbers Like Wallen does. 

34 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

I would put it differently. Most people who listen to Bad Bunny have the mentality of "why pay for music when I can have it for free" whether it's on YouTube or Spotify. It seems like a waste of money to them. I'm from Mexico and I can assure you that many people think that way, even if they have money. But your comment has a point, although it sounds cruel, most of the people who listen to Bad Bunny's music are from a low social stratum. 

20 minutes ago, Machete said:

Morgan's album literally outsold SOS x10 in pure so him above her is a choice :rip:

OT: Bad Bunny, but who cares it is 2024 not 1994.

sorry but i do not keep up with morgan wallen pure sales:skull:

• Haha 2

Wallen is huge in streaming but without it He could pull Big Numbers.

His pure Sales from Chartmasters

If I Know Me 242,500

Dangerous: The Double Album 507,500

One Thing at a Time 372,500

53 minutes ago, Glamthony said:

im sorry? :hoetenks:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.