Anne Hathaway: Christopher Nolan saved my career from dying after Les Mis backlash

Espresso

I never understood the hate she got online? Like I never met a single person who hates this girl. Yet the media kept telling me that everyone hates her. 

• Like 12

Oh i totally forgot abt that 

I've NEVER in my entire life heard anyone say anything bad about Anne. she's actually beloved by most folks I know?

• Like 2

2010's hate train of Anne Hathaway is just odd to me because she was campaigning for that Oscar like any other contender but I guess how she she was doing it apparently triggered some people off :toofunny3:

• Like 6

I thought she only got hate for hosting the Oscars, not winning one

It was really wild to watch play out in real time, there was a very visceral dislike of her for simply succeeding and being openly happy about it :deadbanana2: her film career still hasn't totally recovered 

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 1

I remember this and countless articles dragging her for no reason.

• Like 2

Looking back the hate train was extremely bizarre. I wonder if someone put a hit on her? It's honestly fishy.

BrandNewBrandon
52 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

I never understood the hate she got online? Like I never met a single person who hates this girl. Yet the media kept telling me that everyone hates her. 

To be honest I've never met a Gwyneth Paltrow hater and yet she's being called the most hated Actress. But yeah, I don't get the Hathaway-hate either. 

It was a classic internalized misogyny at that point. Many hates her for being beautiful, a bit more feminine and unrelatable esp during the era of Jennifer Lawrence.

Edited by Heirloom
  • Like 2

Damn I forgot all about the hate train that the media ran on her. And crazy because she's one of the most unproblematic celebs out there.

Like who tf dislikes let alone hates Anne Hathaway? She's just inoffensive and easy to like as it gets.

• Like 1

I will say, she does come across a certain way in a lot of these profiles and some interviews I've seen of her. Like, she kind of gives Lea Michele/Emmy Rossum brand of theater kid vibes. Not in a problematic way and definitely not worthy of hate, but I also find it a little annoying. It doesn't take away from her talent though or make me want to watch her work any less.

• Like 3

Reminds me of a certaint pop girl whose career got saved by a benevolent movie director back in 2018 :flower3:

• Haha 5

things really became to take a turn when she hosted the Oscars with James Franco which was an awkward disaster

hands down the worst hosts in the history of the show but honestly she did her best considering they had to scrap most of the things she had prepared (musical numbers, skits etc) because Franco was uncooperative and refused to do anything.

she had that golden retriever energy while Franco stood there stoned, for some reason it annoyed people.

I didn't know she was hated online :biblio:

2 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

She sure does kiss her own ass a lot in this recent interview

• Confused 1

I never understood the hate she got for the movie, I thought she did a great job as Fantine.

Russell Crowe on the other hand... :rip:

• Like 3

Same thing with Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone, this lady got hate for no reason ... the media hates powerful, beautiful, talented women unfortunately

3 hours ago, Smarticle said:

I thought she only got hate for hosting the Oscars, not winning one

it's the 1-2 punch of her hosting the Oscars and her Oscar's speech.

i stan her but i think a lot of people's distaste of her started because she was always trying to come across as America's Sweetheart at that time and people saw right through it. the hate she got was still uncalled for, of course. 

she definitely shifted her image after that and now she's more comfortable being herself and always gags everyone with cunty looks :clap3:

For whatever reason she rubbed people the wrong way and people LOVE attacking women non stop (case in point the hate train on JLo right now). Im not the biggest fan of her stuff but its sad how losers with no lives feel the need to constantly attack women who did nothing to deserve that. :shakeno: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

To be honest I've never met a Gwyneth Paltrow hater and yet she's being called the most hated Actress. But yeah, I don't get the Hathaway-hate either. 

It honestly feels very forced. Like someone or several people within the industry dislike her and started a forced hate train against her. Like you can't find mega viral tweets or tik toks of hate compaigns against her. You can find so many from literally so many different pop girls on a daily basis but for Anne it's literally non existent. Yet the media insisted to so much she was so hated after winning the Oscar's that it effected her career after words which usually is the complete opposite after you win an Oscar. You can command more money and better roles etc. This whole thing seems so suspicious.

2 hours ago, Tudors said:

She sure does kiss her own ass a lot in this recent interview

Girl idk she I fee she still very tamed compared to many others. It honestly feels like a very forced hate train started by the media. Joaquin Phoenix, Russel crow, Al Pacino,  Robert De Niro are very full of themselves during there interviews. You can say they have earned it. But I feel Ann is just simply being a theatre kid kinda like Gaga tbh lol. 

It really is just like the J-Lo thing right now. She's kinda celebrating her success a bit and being proud, and people are pouncing. I think it kind of stems from America's absolute disdain of pride. Every award show everyone has to be SOOO thankful + grateful otherwise they're a *****, god forbid they just did an excellent performance and are being justly awarded for it. 

Taylor Swift haters these days too tbh. Obvi she's kinda boring and never really serves but that's not really reason to hate her 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.