Bolsonaro hid at Hungarian embassy while facing investigations

Movimento Perpétuo

On Feb. 8, Brazil's federal police confiscated former President Jair Bolsonaro's passport and arrested a pair of his former aides on accusations that they had plotted a coup after Mr. Bolsonaro lost the 2022 presidential election.

Four days later, Mr. Bolsonaro was at the entrance to the Hungarian Embassy in Brazil, waiting to be let in, according to the embassy's security-camera footage, which was obtained by The New York Times.

The stay at the embassy suggests that the former president was seeking to leverage his friendship with a fellow far-right leader, Prime Minister Viktor Orban of Hungary, into an attempt to evade the Brazilian justice system as he faces criminal investigations at home.

A Hungarian Embassy official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal affairs, confirmed the plan to host Mr. Bolsonaro.

After this article was published, Mr. Bolsonaro confirmed his stay at the embassy. "I won't deny I was at the embassy,” he told  Metrópoles, a Brazilian news outlet, on Monday. "I have a circle of friends with some world leaders. They're worried.”

The Hungarian Embassy did not respond to a request for comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/25/world/americas/jair-bolsonaro-hungary-video.html  

Mess :mandown: 

I didn't know he tried to pull a trumpet but I can't say I'm surprised. I hate republicans lol

Of course the EU won't do anything against Hungary

Not Hungary being the new Belarus :deadbanana2:

he's so dumb is ridiculous omfg :deadbanana2:

Fascists harboring fascists, of course :toofunny3:

Once a coward, always a coward. Covardonaro is um filho da puta do caralho. Não vejo a hora de encher a cara quando esse desgraçado for preso.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.