The "male" Toxic, Into You, Hung Up, Cil etc.?

BrentB

What is the "male version" of some of the most beloved tracks by MPGs by fomos & the GP alike? And by male, I mean strictly str8 males (makes this a little harder hmm lol).

Ok, so I'll go first & I may not get a lot of this on the nose, but I'll just go with what I know:

The "male" Toxic: Hmm I'm afraid I don't think this exists. Unless there's an immaculate track that came out around Early 00s with South-Asian influenced beats by a male artist I'm forgetting. 

The "male" Into You:  HANDS down The Weeknd Secrets! They're kinda sonically similar too with their rigid-style, 80's inspired beats.

The "male" Hung Up: Hmm, can't seem to think of any songs similar I'm afraid. I know they're plenty of 80s songs by men that can fit the bill, but none seems to come to mind similar to Hung Up tbh.

The "male" CiL: ThIs might have to go to Usher's version of Get Right tbh. That >> JLo's version

Y'all feel free to add any other male versions of songs I never covered in OP if you like. 

Edited by BrentB

no such thing

unfortunately, I think only Michael can compete in this category. 

Billy Jean is the male Toxic/Hung Up/CIL imo :celestial5:

• Like 2

• Like 2

SexyBack and Blurred Lines are contenders here.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yeah, Lose Yourself, Mr Brightside, In The End… 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, modeblock said:

unfortunately, I think only Michael can compete in this category. 

Billy Jean is the male Toxic/Hung Up/CIL imo :celestial5:

Billie Jean would be the male "Like a prayer"

12 minutes ago, BrentB said:

What is the "male version" of some of the most beloved tracks by MPGs by fomos & the GP alike? And by male, I mean strictly str8 males (makes this a little harder hmm lol).

Ok, so I'll go first & I may not get a lot of this on the nose, but I'll just go with what I know:

The "male" Toxic: Hmm I'm afraid I don't think this exists. Unless there's an immaculate track that came out around Early 00s with South-Asian influenced beats by a male artist I'm forgetting. 

The "male" Into You:  HANDS down The Weeknd Secrets! They're kinda sonically similar too with their rigid-style, 80's inspired beats.

The "male" Hung Up: Hmm, can't seem to think of any songs similar I'm afraid. I know they're plenty of 80s songs by men that can fit the bill, but none seems to come to mind similar to Hung Up tbh.

The "male" CiL: ThIs might have to go to Usher's version of Get Right tbh. That >> JLo's version

Y'all feel free to add any other male versions of songs I never covered in OP if you like. 

"Crazy" by Gnars Barkley would be the male "Crazy in love", both R&B/Pop/Dance songs by black artists with the word "crazy" in the title.

"Sexyback" by JT would be the closest thing to the male "Toxic", both considered back then the prince and princess of pop with their career peaking uptempo song.

"Yeah" by Usher the male "Hung up"

8 minutes ago, Triton said:

Yeah, Lose Yourself, Mr Brightside, In The End… 

"Bring me to life" would be the female "In the End"

The male "Hung Up" is Mr. Brightside

The male "CIL" is "Yeah!"

Miki Dora by Amen Dunes!

• Like 1

I hate to say it but SexyBack is at least somewhere between those categories.

this is also, in a much smaller scale, up there for male vocalists:

"Yeah!", "SexyBack", "Blinding Lights"

The entire list is just George Michael songs. :cm:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

Billie Jean would be the male "Like a prayer"

"Crazy" by Gnars Barkley would be the male "Crazy in love", both R&B/Pop/Dance songs by black artists with the word "crazy" in the title.

"Sexyback" by JT would be the closest thing to the male "Toxic", both considered back then the prince and princess of pop with their career peaking uptempo song.

"Yeah" by Usher the male "Hung up"

Girl you're being way too literal with the Crazy comparisons, but I don't disagree that Billie Jean is his Like a Prayer. As they are both incredible, otherworldly pop perfection that even the most talented artists could only dream of having in their discography. :clap3: 

I would nominate Rock your body ahead of Sexy back

Justin Timberlake and Bieber came to mind, RUSH was a good choice too 

Attention/How long are the male into you, i don't know but charlie puth made some points with voicenotes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.