Rumor: Euphoria cancelled

Stepfon

World of Reel is reporting that Euphoria is cancelled:

I'm hearing that the planned third season of Sam Levinson's "Euphoria" has been totally scrapped. It's not happening. They had plans to shoot it this summer, but that fell through and on Friday they told the cast that they could free up their schedules for other projects. I was already amazed that Levinson had managed to get all of the talent involved back, given their busy schedules. Many of the show's actors have now turned into movie stars — Zendaya, Jacob Elordi, Colman Domingo, Hunter Schafer, Sydney Sweeney and Austin Abrams, to name a few. The plan to reunite all of them for a third, and final, season has clearly failed.

Rumor: 'Euphoria' Season 3 Cancelled — World of Reel

Sydney Sweeney just said they are starting production very soon ?

Good! It was already overstaying its welcome. 

Had a good run 

• Like 2

spacer.png

One can only hope. Society has moved beyond having a need for that show

This blogger fabricate fake news and it's not an insider at all. I don't believe It.

Edited by vale9001

Sydney Sweeney has said in many interviews she will go back on set soon

2 minutes ago, RunBoyRun said:

Sydney Sweeney just said they are starting production very soon ?

Yes and she seemed very enthusiastic about it

I guess she also knew the plot

so the rumor is either fake or very, very sudden for some reason

Where on earth would it even go? It's taken way too long for a third season. Wrap it up cutely with a 2 episode finale and call it a day. 

• Like 1

I liked S2 and was very perched for S3 but at this point...maybe this is a good thing. I already lost any excitement I had for the show after Angus Cloud's death tbh.

Also, it's been years and I donno how I feel about people in their late 20s still playing high schoolers. Like some of them (like Alexa) were already looking too old. :toofunny2: 

Nearly five years since its premiere, yet only 2 seasons. They absolutely should wrap it up :giraffe:

I'm sad we won't get a proper finale, but this might for the best: one of the cast members is dead, Zendaya, Jacob and Sydney have bigger stuff going on, nobody looks like a teenager anymore, and the writing fell off a cliff in S2.

Oh well, I'll cherish those Euphoria sundays... what a moment those were. :'(

With Angus' passing and Barbie Fererra not getting a callback it's going to be weird ...

blessed day if true 

18 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Many of the show's actors have now turned into movie stars

19 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Austin Abrams, to name a few

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952gf0j8ar0yv339m2pb0

• Haha 2

Just do a final 2 hour movie in theatres

hm idk they already made them clear their schedules (and by them i mean like probs one of the busiest actors in the industry right now)

i feel like the only way they could do that is if it was 100% confirmed and ready to go

Good. Where would the story even go in S3? The whole thing kinda resolved itself by the end of S2 if you ask me.

Edited by Anomaly

we won, the evil is maybe defeated :WAP:

Just now, TROPICUM said:

hm idk they already made them clear their schedules (and by them i mean like probs one of the busiest actors in the industry right now)

i feel like the only way they could do that is if it was 100% confirmed and ready to go

While that's true, it wouldn't be the first time a Sam Levinson set was mired in chaos (cough The Idol cough).

we will not be watching, literally and figuratively. 

• Like 1

I need closure for Angus character. Really excited for the 3rd season 

3 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Good. Where would the story even go in S3? The whole thing kinda resolved itself by the end of S2 if you ask me.

The plotline about Rue and Laurie?

obviously not true. hbo would not, in a million years, cancel one their highest rated shows lol. be absolutely serious