• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

5 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

top 10 now.

Princess of R&B CONFIRMED 

strawbchamp17ocd.gif

• Like 1

Like I said in that now closed thread due to mentally ill stans having a mental breakdown over the slightest bit of legit criticism, I do really like this song.  Lyrics are weak but the melodies are great and the production is perfect.  I don't think this will necessarily do anything on the charts, but it's good!

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

Well, even if it's not her best, it still got you to run in here and comment on it though, didn't it? :toofunny2:

IMG_9516.gif?ex=662c2329&is=662ad1a9&hm=

I want Normani to win, I came to check out the song. I was underwhelmed. It's a cute album track not a lead single.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Archetype said:

I don't think this will necessarily do anything on the charts

2058203293_IMG_40642.thumb.JPG.844183d99

• Haha 2

I love Normani . Y'all going drag me and essentially use me as a thumb down. This is boring 🥱 and as her lead single off her long awaited debut album , that is almost 6 years in the making this is underwhelming. I know it will probably grow a little on me and I might most likely like it in the context of the album, but this song should have came with the album announcement. We should never have to wait a month for this. We should gotten the real lead today. I guess we have to wait another month for that. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

2058203293_IMG_40642.thumb.JPG.844183d99

Girl idk what is wrong with you but it's not that serious. Caroline is an indie artist who has never tried to be mainstream, that's like criticizing an opera singer for not having a hit single. I said I like the song, get over it and move on.  

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Archetype said:

Girl idk what is wrong with you but it's not that serious.  Caroline is an indie artist who has never tried to be mainstream, that's like criticizing an opera singer for not having a hit single.  I said I like the song, get over it and move on.  

Then I don't think you're in any position to be talking about the possibility of this song charting. It shouldn't even be your concern, considering it doesn't seem to influence how much you like the music, judging by your Caroline stanning.

OT: Her vocals :heart2:

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Then I don't think you're in any position to be talking about the possibility of this song charting. It shouldn't even be your concern, considering it doesn't seem to influence how much you like the music, judging by your Caroline stanning.

OT: Her vocals :heart2:

First of all, I only mentioned the chart feedback because this is her lead single from her debut album on a major label.  I don't know what her label's expectations are.  Don't get so offended by feedback, it's not like it's your single or album to promote.

It's incredibly stupid to assume an ATRL user only stans the person in their avi.  Most of our faves have more #1 singles and albums than Normani has song credits.  I could change my avi to Beyoncé or Bjork tomorrow and I'll still comment on other artists' chart performances.  

Edited by Archetype
  • Thumbs Down 1

That's it?

Fair was better.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Archetype said:

First of all, I only mentioned the chart feedback because this is her lead single from her debut album on a major label.  I don't know what her label's expectations are.  Don't get so offended by feedback, it's not like it's your single or album to promote.

Second of all, it's incredibly stupid to assume an ATRL user only stans the person in their avi.  Most of our faves have more #1 singles and albums than Normani has song credits.  I could change my avi to Beyoncé or Bjork tomorrow and I'll still comment on other artists' chart performances.  

Who said Normani is looking for a quick hit? She's taken her time with this record and is still trying to build a fanbase that will support "Dopamine". I think this song works well because it's earning her respect and attracting enough people to check out the album. But what I don't appreciate is you acting like she's desperate for a hit and pulling all sorts of stunts to make this some kind of smash.:toofunny3:   I don't think her label has crazy expectations for this either. The only people who seem to have expectations are the antis who can't wait to see her underperform. But guess what? The album is coming, and Normani doesn't care what you think.

But you seem to

:suburban:

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Who said Normani is looking for a quick hit? She's taken her time with this record and is still trying to build a fanbase that will support "Dopamine". I think this song works well because it's earning her respect and attracting enough people to check out the album. But what I don't appreciate is you acting like she's desperate for a hit and pulling all sorts of stunts to make this some kind of smash.:toofunny3:   I don't think her label has crazy expectations for this either. The only people who seem to have expectations are the antis who can't wait to see her underperform. But guess what? The album is coming, and Normani doesn't care what you think.

Why are Normani stans so defensive :rip:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Ethereal said:

Who said Normani is looking for a quick hit?

Not me

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

But what I don't appreciate is you acting like she's desperate for a hit and pulling all sorts of stunts to make this some kind of smash.:toofunny3:

I didn't say that and I'm not acting like it.  Read my comments again.  I legit do not follow what she does aside from what I see on this site, so I would have no way of knowing.  I do hope she does well for whatever she is going for.

3 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

The album is coming, and Normani doesn't care what you think.

And that's great!  People are going to still be critical, some valid and some unhinged.  Just learn to identify which is which and to stop attacking people who have nothing against her.  Not everyone who gives feedback or whatever wants to see her fail.  A lot of the posts in this thread that you've thumbed down are by actual fans of Normani who  want her to succeed in her own way.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

But you seem to

girl put an "@" on it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Garbaj said:

girl put an "@" on it. 

The thumbsdown confirms the message has been received

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Patient Zero said:

The thumbsdown confirms the message has been received

• Thumbs Down 1

304 scrobbles on my last.fm :jonny4:

• Thumbs Down 1

this is like …. good but would have functioned better as an interlude and kinda feels like one with how repetitive it is. should have literally been 1:59 instead of 3 minutes of the same thing. i like it …. but this is the lead ? she not setting herself up for success

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, flower moon said:

sounds like a FLO track

I wish it was good as "Walk Like This". 

But "1:59" it would be weak as an album track, and it's weaker as a lead single. 

When I get you alone

:katie2: 

6 hours ago, Abie Roy said:

Who's gonna tell her what dopamine actually means?

Based on this response I'm pretty sure you don't know what dopamine is.

Clearly she is going for sex/pleasure with this album. Dopamine is widely considered the pleasure neurotransmitter. That's why the term "dope" was coined.

If your post was to suggest that the song was slow and sleepy, you may be confusing dopamine with adrenaline. 
Dopamine is only loosely connected to movement, involved in generating the motivation to do what it takes to get to a reward. It's responsible for driving someone to post nonsense online hoping to get positive feedback from like-minded trolls.

Let me get back on that vibe again…..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4RCH1M3D35 said:

Based on this response I'm pretty sure you don't know what dopamine is.

Clearly she is going for sex/pleasure with this album. Dopamine is widely considered the pleasure neurotransmitter. That's why the term "dope" was coined.

If your post was to suggest that the song was slow and sleepy, you may be confusing dopamine with adrenaline. 
Dopamine is only loosely connected to movement, involved in generating the motivation to do what it takes to get to a reward. It's responsible for driving someone to post nonsense online hoping to get positive feedback from like-minded trolls.

Let me get back on that vibe again…..

:clap3: 

Idc what y'all say. This is a cute lil' bop

IMG_9516.gif?ex=662c2329&is=662ad1a9&hm=

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.