Normani f/ Gunna - "1:59"

hallucinate

4 minutes ago, Jay L said:

Why so late after the song release :psyduck: not getting the logic but maybe it will help the song serve more longevity?..

May 13th is in 2 weeks. Love lies was sent to radio after a month. If a song is going to chart and do well, it won't matter when it's sent. If ppl like it when they hear it, they will stream it :laugh:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wonbin

• nooniebao

• popularmoonlight

• Armani?

This is the LEAD SINGLE you get what i'm saying?

I don't know y'all. I don't know.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, Jay L said:

Why so late after the song release :psyduck: not getting the logic but maybe it will help the song serve more longevity?..

It's probably to gauge reception before spending money on radio promotion. The radio release date could end up shelved or pushed up depending on its streaming performance. This doesn't scream hit and there's no video (or any promotion) coming, so I don't see this doing much... 

I have feeling this is probably gonna end up just being a treat for the fans with Candy Paint (or another song) becoming the real lead single. She really should've just dropped the entire album at once tbh.

• Like 1

honestly at this point i want to get this release over with and move on to candy paint

spacer.png

This is the opposite of a come back 

It certanly would've been smarter to drop this the week she posted that album cover, but who am I to say! 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Quick. Name and list 10 current female R&B singers thats not named SZA that you don't have to google. Normani can't do R&B but somebody like Mariah The Scientist can? Make it make sense.

Listen GIF by The Maury Show

I'm putting my money on Tyla to fill whatever shoes Normani was supposed to fill in pop music. She's a more natural performer, her vocals remind me of Aaliyah and she blends pop, r&b and afrobeats effortlessly. Something seems off with Normani. No social media engagement, no transparency, just takes years in between songs with no explanation. Only for her to come back with Wild Side 2.0 but worse. Besides that she has no personality online or in her songs. If you're going to sing about sex atleast make it interesting with metaphors and sh*t just like Tyla does. It almost feels like Janet cosplay at this point but without the personality, name and quality music.

• Thumbs Down 3

Just now, SharGaga said:

I'm putting my money on Tyla to fill whatever shoes Normani was supposed to fill in pop music. She's a more natural performer, her vocals remind me of Aaliyah and she blends pop, r&b and afrobeats effortlessly. Something seems off with Normani. No social media engagement, no transparency, just takes years in between songs with no explanation. Only for her to come back with Wild Side 2.0 but worse. Besides that she has no personality online or in her songs. If you're going to sing about sex atleast make it interesting with metaphors and sh*t just like Tyla does. It almost feels like Janet cosplay at this point but without the personality, name and quality music.

Thank you for proving my point. I don't know what Tyla has to do with Normani, but I think money would be much better spent on her music. 

not even being funny when i say rca is going to hell cause how was a pre save website made with NO tweet, post, etc…. :deadbanana4: especially after being radio silent the whole week leading up to a single dropping from the record 

• Like 1

Like what is their plan? No album release date?

her team treating this like it's a random buzz single (no single cover, no video???, literally no promotion) when it's her comeback single is a mess. she'd rather post candy paint (a song that has been teased for over a year atp mind you) choreography during the week this is dropping, if that's not a tell-tale sign that no one knows what they're doing over at Team Normani then idk what is :deadbanana4:

but besides that I actually like the song lol! the Vibey girls won with this one, not a hit whatsoever though

IMG_9516.gif?ex=662b7a69&is=662a28e9&hm=

is this the lead?

Has no one on her team heard this?

Or even this?

The song could have been written with some actual personality, I'm curious on the inspiration for this

2 hours ago, remming said:

May 13th? :rip: 

Why not tomorrow?

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

her team treating this like it's a random buzz single (no single cover, no video???, literally no promotion) when it's her comeback single is a mess. she'd rather post candy paint (a song that has been teased for over a year atp mind you) choreography during the week this is dropping, if that's not a tell-tale sign that no one knows what they're doing over at Team Normani then idk what is :deadbanana4:

!!!!

There's no way this is the lead single. If so...RCA and her team, I swear  :deadbanana2:

Okay the reactions in here had me WORRIED. The song is good, y'all are insane.

I almost bust out laughing listening cause Normani really thinks she's Aaliyah & Brandy's daughter. She really is bringing that sound forward so EFFORTLESSLY. Wild Side, 1:59, Waves, and Love Lies could neatly be on the same album and all stand out. Her lane and style is VERY clear. Even Fair could sit in there. The album will be good quality.

Now SINGLE WISE, I don't know what this would do but urban radio is where it should be sent. Candy Paint should probably be dropped not too long after as the Pop and Rhythmic radio single. This should be a dual single moment 100% which will create hype for the album. If RCA isn't cheap, this would be smart to build her audiences out on all sides aggressively then drop the album. No reason to wait after that. :bird:

Edited by Flare
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

cute song but really lacks replay value for me.

This could just be a lead single, as in leading to introduce the album. The actual promoted single might be Candy Paint. I'm still optimistic about its performance and hoping that she will eventually release a music video for it.

IMG_9956.gif?ex=662bcf8f&is=662a7e0f&hm=

A couple of replays later this is superior to Wild Side.

the replay value clicked.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

A couple of replays later this is superior to Wild Side.

the replay value clicked.

I'm dying with y'all comparing this to WS so much. I really like both. Wild Side took the crown because its release was much more exciting lol but this is just as good as 

2 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

It certanly would've been smarter to drop this the week she posted that album cover, but who am I to say! 

Smart is out the window with this album rollout 

It's interesting how Normani seems in a better place than Chloe to me

the song is cute, i been bopping to Wild Side lately

just keep the music coming and roll with it, don't expect a chart topper with this kind of sound

15 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

I'm dying with y'all comparing this to WS so much. I really like both. Wild Side took the crown because its release was much more exciting lol but this is just as good as 

Wild Side's chorus is more catchy, even though it's not lyrically anything impressive in the verses. It also had the classic Timbaland production sample. The bridge is also cute.

This has noticeable nothingness space between the prechorus & the chorus, both of which are already not that catchy. There's also no bridge and also no memorable chemistry between Gunna & Normani in their verses. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

WS is miles better than this. I see no replay value in this, in fact I find it extremely boring and unseasoned.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.