4 minutes ago, Raspy said:

yawnnnnnn

motivation came on shuffle after this zzzong and it's still sounds so fresh 

Y'all need to let Motivation go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Really do not mind this song at all. I can see a live performance/video making this fully click.

It's a very smooth and sexy track. It feels very much like her.

• Like 1

Just heard most of the song on twitter & it's very average to me:rip:Not a utter bomb but not a hitter either 

They could have done more with the production to build the atmosphere of it being slow & sexy. 

The collaboration with Gunna also average. Also not really any chemistry between the two, it's just a standard verse. I've said for multiple times, but Brent Faiyaz should have been the one for this type of song. His verse would likely be more memorable & they could sell the sex appeal together. He could also make the song more full with vocal adlibs in the final chorus 

The chorus itself is also just okay. The harmonization helps but it's not that catchy.

- My thoughts

I enjoyed the track, it was a nice vibe... now... umm...

#wheresthedamnalbum

200.gif?cid=a595bef395c9oiy3fbkxl5ipqh1d

• Like 1

Dr. Alexander
18 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Just heard most of the song on twitter & it's very average to me:rip:Not a utter bomb but not a hitter either 

They could have done more with the production to build the atmosphere of it being slow & sexy. 

The collaboration with Gunna also average. Also not really any chemistry between the two, it's just a standard verse. I've said for multiple times, but Brent Faiyaz should have been the one for this type of song. His verse would likely be more memorable & they could sell the sex appeal together. He could also make the song more full with vocal adlibs in the final chorus 

The chorus itself is also just okay. The harmonization helps but it's not that catchy.

- My thoughts

It's not even that the song is average, but it's the fact that her voice is so below average that it makes it quite boring.

Put any other singer on this track who has a nice texture to their voice or a different tone, and it would be a good song. She flattens every record she's on. Gunna wasn't needed either. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Snooze! 2 years for this ugh. Candy Paint and Rocket sound better. Don't come for me but I think Normani and Chloe will go down as the most overhyped artists of the generation. They're put on a pedestal because people have decided they need to fill a certain void in pop music which has nothing to do with musical artistry and everything to do with appearance. It's crazy how mostly stan culture is trying so hard with these two when the content is so mid. Nobody can do R&B like SZA. This sounds so dry and the autotuned adlibs chile. I get it she wants to be an R&B girlie but she doesn't have the musical talent or versatile vocals like Mimi for that genre imo. She should stick to more uptempo stuff.  Don't be surprised if this falls of the charts. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

It's not even that the song is average, but it's the fact that her voice is so below average that it makes it quite boring.

Put any other singer on this track who has a nice texture to their voice or a different tone, and it would be a good song. She flattens every record she's on. Gunna wasn't needed either. 

That may true, but it still wouldn't be great.

She has basically a sex song but the lyrics & chemistry aren't interactive enough for me between her & Gunna as it is now:rip:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Armani? said:

That may true, but it still wouldn't be great.

She has basically a sex song but the lyrics & chemistry aren't interactive enough for me between her & Gunna as it is now:rip:

Tbh you're just making this up because you don't like her :deadbanana2: Say all you want but the vibe is clearly there. 

• Like 1

Eh this was just fine

They should stop trying to make a big moment out of her, there's clearly already passion and fans behind her

Just let her release whenever without these gigantic expectations 

• Like 1

So no music video

:rip: 

I really don't understand this rollout

The song is cute but it kind of lacks the oomph Wild Side had, in my opinion. It's just there.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Tbh you're just making this up because you don't like her :deadbanana2: Say all you want but the vibe is clearly there. 

The vibe you speak of is not reaching any climax :rip: Gunna's verse is giving autopilot.

It would likely be better if they sung to each other in the 3rd verse & until the end of the song instead of Gunna just disappearing Im presuming:rip:  Because both of their verses are not interesting 

I can tell she's trying to serve aaliyah vibes but the delivery is just not there

gunna is more distracting on this, would prefer a solo with an extra verse tbh

48 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Snooze! 2 years for this ugh. Candy Paint and Rocket sound better. Don't come for me but I think Normani and Chloe will go down as the most overhyped artists of the generation. They're put on a pedestal because people have decided they need to fill a certain void in pop music which has nothing to do with musical artistry and everything to do with appearance. It's crazy how mostly stan culture is trying so hard with these two when the content is so mid. Nobody can do R&B like SZA. This sounds so dry and the autotuned adlibs chile. I get it she wants to be an R&B girlie but she doesn't have the musical talent or versatile vocals like Mimi for that genre imo. She should stick to more uptempo stuff.  Don't be surprised if this falls of the charts. 

not you ignoring the fact that they both released GREAT tracks already with amazing music videos, stellar choreographies and superb performances.

calm down and take a seat, tortured poet. :bird:

56 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Quick. Name and list 10 current female R&B singers thats not named SZA that you don't have to google. Normani can't do R&B but somebody like Mariah The Scientist can? Make it make sense.

Listen GIF by The Maury Show

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cry said:

The song is cute but it kind of lacks the oomph Wild Side had, in my opinion. It's just there.

Exactly how I feel. I'm all for moody, midtempo R&B and it IS cute, but it's not up to the level of Wild Side. There is a reason that one had INSANE longevity, it had the oomph. This one doesn't, and could easily be an album track.

At least we got new music! I really hope they're still on track to release that damn album because I'll be pressed if they postpone it again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Quick. Name and list 10 current female R&B singers thats not named SZA that you don't have to google. Normani can't do R&B but somebody like Mariah The Scientist can? Make it make sense.

Listen GIF by The Maury Show

10? I guess 

H.E.R

Snoh Aaelgra 

Ella Mai

Summer Walker

Ari Lennox

Ravyn Lenae 

Kehlani

Maeta 

Mariah The Scientist 

Kaash Paige

:suburban:

30 minutes ago, remming said:

Why so late after the song release :psyduck: not getting the logic but maybe it will help the song serve more longevity?..

11 minutes ago, Armani? said:

10? I guess 

H.E.R

Snoh Aaelgra 

Ella Mai

Summer Walker

Ari Lennox

Ravyn Lenae 

Kehlani

Maeta 

Mariah The Scientist 

Kaash Paige

:suburban:

Tell me why I just KNEW you were going to quote me. Anyways Beat It Michael. Nobody sent for you. 

Keep Going Its Friday GIF by HBO Max

Edited by AFullMoonlight
  • Haha 2

if they are waiting to send it to radio it could mean Candy Paint won't be out till after that.

It's a no from me. There is no message. There is no concept. Bland.

"When i get you alone, boy what you gone do?"

Go girl, give us nothing. :rip:
There has got to be better material. There has GOT TO BE. 
Not losing hope.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.