Update this 2018 MPG tier meme for 2023

Fitzswiftie

spacer.png

A popular meme regarding pop girl tiers from 2018, how different is it now in 2023

Legends:

Queens:

Beyonce:

Overrated:

Currently Flopping:

Can't Get a #1:

Has Few Hits:

Fads:

One Hit Wonder:

Only Popular on Twitter/TikTok:

New Girls:

Underrated:

Queens: Taylor, Beyonce, Ariana, Shakira, Rihanna (Proven longevity, can still get smashes). 

That meme is a DISASTER of fallacies and errors. Some messes aren't worth cleaning up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Beyonce being her own category always takes me out :skull: It's def still that way

• Like 3

the way i literally made this:bibliahh: 

• Haha 2

Legends:

Adele

Beyoncé

Britney Spears

Lady Gaga

Lana Del Rey

Miley Cyrus

Nicki Minaj

Rihanna

Shakira

Taylor Swift

Queens (likely will be legends but I think it's too early to call): 

Ariana Grande 

Billie Eilish

Cardi B

Doja Cat

Dua Lipa

Katy Perry

Megan Thee Stallion

Olivia Rodrigo

SZA

The other rankings are more mean spirited so I'm only focusing on the positive ones

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

girl it's 2024

• Haha 3

Let me try... :supaspaz: This should be entertaining. Will be including female rappers and country stars in the mix.

Legends: Madonna, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Céline Dion, Kylie Minogue, Shakira, Dolly Parton, Cher, Missy Elliott, and Diana Ross

Beyonce: :gayoncecat1:

Queens: Lady Gaga, Adele, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, and Britney Spears

Overrated: Taylor Swift (talented and a queen, but beyond overrated at the moment)

The It-Girls Currently Killing It: Ariana Grande, SZA, Olivia Rodrigo, Doja Cat, and Miley Cyrus

Can't Get a #1: Dua Lipa (in the US, that is), Billie Eilish (in the US post-2019), and Lana Del Rey. All still killing it, though!

Currently Flopping (but icons in their own right): Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Hayley Williams + Paramore, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, P!nk, Kesha, and Avril Lavigne

Awkward Limbo (personal life and controversies overshadowing the music at the moment, but still achieved recent success): Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, and Cardi B

Has Few Hits: Halsey, RAYE (in the UK), Megan Thee Stallion, Camila Cabello, Demi Lovato, Becky Hill (in the UK), Ella Henderson (in the UK), Maren Morris (in the US), Summer Walker (in the R&B scene), Charli XCX, and Ava Max

Fads: Lizzo, Rita Ora, Mabel, Saweetie, Meghan Trainor, Bebe Rexha, and Grimes (in the underground + critic scene)

One Hit Wonder: GAYLE, Lauren Spencer-Smith, JAX, Em Beihold, Flo Milli, and Doechii. I can see the latter three getting more hits if they play their cards right, though.

Only Popular on Twitter/TikTok: Melanie Martinez, Phoebe Bridgers, ROSALIA, girl in red, Gracie Abrams, Zara Larsson, Normani, Kim Petras, Azealia Banks, and Chlöe

New Girls: Sabrina Carpenter, Mitski, PinkPantheress, Tyla, Ice Spice, Muni Long, Megan Moroney and Kali Uchis

Underrated: Tinashe, Carly Rae Jepsen, Tove Lo, Lorde, Kacey Musgraves, Rina Sawayama, Kelela, Little Simz, Arlo Parks... to name a few. Also all the legendary alt girls like Kate Bush and Fiona Apple.

Edited by Moonlight Nation

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.