What are your favourite countries?

Capris Groove

What are your favourite countries that you've been to, lived in, or simply wish to go to? 

I'll start. :psych: I like 'warm' countries (emotionally) and as I get older that's more important to me. So like Greece, Italy, Spain, the Philippines, most of South America, parts of the US, the islands in the Pacific, etc.

I'm not a big fan of countries where people are overly reserved or distant with one-another. Where manners are overly prioritized over fun and raw human emotion. I've felt this in England but then the total opposite in Scotland and Ireland. :matty: In Scandinavia it's a very weird feeling to strike up a conversation with a stranger. They really prioritize personal space there. The Airpods are always in and you can hear a pin drop on the street. These places are touted as the happiest places in the world to live but ironically have the highest rates of antidepressant use. Go to Mexico on the other hand and they have so much less materially but everyone's smiling, people seem to have closer human relationships, and the vibe is much more alive.

How about y'all?

I really like Mexico too :coffee: that might be my fave country I have been to. I also like the UAE as well. And my home Canada ofc 🇨🇦 

From the ones I visited and in no particular order:

Japan

Denmark

Vietnam

Syria

France

Lebanon

Portugal

Morocco

Italy

Oman

Austria

Spain

Egypt

My little islands, can't wait to go home  :gaycat4:

love Japan so much i would live there if i could

Wish to go to: Japan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Vanuatu, Lebanon, Tunisia, Algeria, Barbados, Bahamas, Botswana, Egypt, Italy, France, Madagascar, Iceland :matty:

torturedpoet

From the ones I visited and would move to:

-Spain (great vibes, beautiful men, friendly people, progressive, beautiful cities and nature, amazing food and wine)

-Greece (not Athens, the islands only and same things apply as for Spain minus the progressivness but they're getting there)

-Italy (the south mostly and same as Greece) 

-South Korea (amazing food, interesting culture, very futuristic, great looking guys) 

-New Zealand (gorgeous nature, really friendly people, away from everyones bullshit)

-Any Scandinavian country (people mind their own business, social security, beautiful nature, pretty **** food tho) 

-Chile (beautiful men, absolutely stunning nature, great wine, friendly people, lots of fun)

The ones I visited and liked but wouldn't move to: 

-Brazil (really fun, gorgeous men, beautiful nature but pretty **** economy and parts of it are really dangerous) 

-France (great food, wine and culture but people are trash and super stuck up and unfriendly) 

-Japan (beautiful nature, amazing food but very closed off) 

-Thailand (the southern islands are beautiful and have the friendliest people but economy is pretty ****) 

-Scotland (really hot guys, friendly people, weather is **** tho) 

-Morocco (beautiful nature, amazing architecture, decent food but crappy economy plus way too religious for me) 

-Austria (beautiful architecture, great food, absolute bottom of the barrel trash people) 

Honorable mention to Mauritius, Seychelles, Turkey, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Maldives and South Africa. 

I like watching Expats travel across Europe, or random vlogs of people moving to Greece. So probably Greece. But I'd like to one day just travel to random European countries since I've see so many YouTube videos of explorers there

I lived in Ireland for a short time and I can say they are the nicest and funnest people you could ever be around. I wish I could live there permanently. 

Canada seemed cool but they were just an extention of Michigan where I went (the only difference was the money). 

Besides the US (where I live) I only been to Greece

Sicily. I want to live there one day. 

Apart from Italy, the US, and Germany (which I am national and/or resident of), I really do enjoy spending time in France and Greece. Ireland is also lovely. Hoping to add Japan to this list when I fly out there in the fall.

Edited by The7thStranger

Tajikistan! 

of the ones I've been to, Czech Republic and Finland

planning to move to Prague probably in 2025 :clap3:

I love the Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Finland) and how progressive they are. I love their nature and they also have great music and shows. I watch Melodifestivalen and MGP every year.

I also like Mediterranean countries & their nature, music and culture. 

Edited by Anthinos
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Phaunzie said:

Sicily. I want to live there one day. 

It's an island, not a country

Switzerland was beautiful. 

Portugal and Spain - amazing food, weather, beaches, culture, social safety net. The people are beautiful and the streets are captivating. Very pedestrian and outdoor friendly. Lisbon is just dreamy.. would probably be living there now if I had a fully remote job

USA - unlimited access to cuisines, the unique culture and music, friendly people, and salary potential. So much diversity and culture. NY, Miami, New Orleans, Nashville, Denver etc.. it's insane. There's a place for everyone. The beaches, deserts, mountains—the national parks are to die for.

Netherlands - Amsterdam.. the bikes, people, quality of life.. 

Mexico - top tier food, beaches, historical sites, music.. Mexico City is great   

Edited by -brian

23 hours ago, Capris Groove said:

I'll start. :psych: I like 'warm' countries (emotionally) and as I get older that's more important to me. So like Greece, Italy, Spain, the Philippines, most of South America, parts of the US, the islands in the Pacific, etc.

I'm not a big fan of countries where people are overly reserved or distant with one-another. Where manners are overly prioritized over fun and raw human emotion. I've felt this in England but then the total opposite in Scotland and Ireland. :matty: In Scandinavia it's a very weird feeling to strike up a conversation with a stranger. They really prioritize personal space there. The Airpods are always in and you can hear a pin drop on the street. These places are touted as the happiest places in the world to live but ironically have the highest rates of antidepressant use. Go to Mexico on the other hand and they have so much less materially but everyone's smiling, people seem to have closer human relationships, and the vibe is much more alive.

How about y'all?

Everything you don't like about a country I love :rip: As an introvert I think I would do well in Scandinavia. Also I'm from Mexico and I hate it here 

Go to Mexico on the other hand and they have so much less materially but everyone's smiling

:deadbanana4: Why'd you do us like that 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tost1 said:

It's an island, not a country

ok Italy but I want to live in Sicily

i've only ever been to America :gaycat6:

so 

USA

Australia

UK (because Allday is living over there now and all my fave bands are from UK) 

Italy

Spain

France

:jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.