Leigh-Anne - 'No Hard Feelings'

The Slayer

On 7/21/2024 at 12:39 AM, tbhmatt said:

She said she is due to release her next big single campaign in September, I'm not sure the months of silence in between this project and the next is going to do her any favours though. She should have kept the fans fed with some content, she could have released some remixes or jumped on a few features/collabs to keep her name out there.

Nonetheless, I am excited to hear the sound she's decided on for the next big launch and do hope that it goes well for her. I do think she's too talented to not at least get an album out there.

I totally agree. I hoped that she would be announced for more festivals but maybe it's too late for that. The project is already not promoted enough so the silence until the next single will not benefit her at all. We need more performances, playlisting and a few remixes or even a collab could work to keep her name more relevant. She's already losing listeners of Spotify and although the EP's numbers are not bad, they could definitely be better. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• alexaalto

3 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Is something coming soon?

I don't think we'll get anything new in terms of music but hopefully I am wrong. This seems like a photo shooting. 

3 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Is something coming soon?

Definitely a photoshoot 

21 minutes ago, Danai G said:

I don't think we'll get anything new in terms of music but hopefully I am wrong. This seems like a photo shooting. 

Just now, Afterglow said:

Definitely a photoshoot 

Well, it's something at least. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to listening to this after seeing a live performance of Nature and it's really great. 

Leigh and Jade were always my fave LM members so I don't know it took me so long to check out her EP. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

I really hope we'll get more updates soon about her upcoming plans. The silence and the gap between the EP and her upcoming single is not ideal...She needs to keep her name relevant. 

P. S. I am aware that yesterday her niece went missing, I hope she feels better now that she is found. ❤ 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

True. Could be a photoshoot for the upcoming release, but I hope not. She already did the studio setting look for OMG video. She really needs budget this time around. 

8 minutes ago, Danai G said:

I really hope we'll get more updates soon about her upcoming plans. The silence and the gap between the EP and her upcoming single is not ideal...She needs to keep her name relevant. 

P. S. I am aware that yesterday her niece went missing, I hope she feels better now that she is found. ❤ 

Im hoping the silence is just because they are planning a big rebrand of sorts.

She has the most released material out of all the girls they should focus on really making this one stick as her signature single since they kinda messed up her debut with DSL

31 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Possible song snippet in the background?

She's going down a Tyla route with this sound and personally I like it? It sounds like it slaps

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VioletChemistry said:

She's going down a Tyla route with this sound and personally I like it? It sounds like it slaps

Ditto!

Sounds way better than anything on the EP and sounds like the natural follow-up to My Love. Like My Love and even to a degree DSL, the production sounds fuller here (compared to the EP songs). Would love if the whole album was anchored in that sound. 

I just HOPE she has a smart feature to give it a chance. If it really is make or break, they ought to cut the necessary check to whoever needed to make it happen. What I can't place is who it'd need to be. But I'm talking someone relatively surefire chart-wise. Like a Central Cee. 

Seems that she has definitely decided on the next single then

Leigh said the song in that video isn't a snippet of her new single, she shot something cool and exciting recently but not a music video, the new single is a "bop" and something that'll make you want to "whine your waist to"

1 minute ago, tbhmatt said:

Leigh said the song in that video isn't a snippet of her new single, she shot something cool and exciting recently but not a music video, the new single is a "bop" and something that'll make you want to "whine your waist to"

So we're getting another My Love, we love to see it

papesnupi-dance.gif

11 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

So we're getting another My Love, we love to see it

papesnupi-dance.gif

If she releases a song with the same production value as My Love but with a stronger/better hook then she's on to something

The snippet is delicious. I really hope her team will not fail this time. I need more promo and live performances and strong playlisting of course. 

Very intrigued by what she puts out next!

For me 'Anticipate' and 'I'll Still Be There' are my favourites.

• Like 1

Nature is so good its really hitting me now :clap3:

• Like 3

On 7/29/2024 at 9:48 AM, butterflymimi said:

Nature is so good its really hitting me now :clap3:

It's SO good 

Her music has remained on heavy rotation for me, I'm so proud of her for pushing to get this EP out even if things didn't go exactly to plan. There are some unreal songs here and a debut is tough to pull off– between both 5H and LM trajectories, she's still in the upper echelon even if she's not on Camila (and projected Jade lol) levels. Quite a few of them fell off after just a single misfired.

Nature and OMG are really good :duca: hope her next release mirrors both of these

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it's already been brought up, but does 'I'll Still Be Here' remind anyone of 'Got 'Til It's Gone' by Janet Jackson?

It's really, really grown on me. I've had it on repeat all day today.

• Thanks 1

Leigh-Anne and Jade easily the best members, their solo music is insane i mean they both were the writers of the group

also i just randomly watched her cover of Paint the town red and Last christmas, her voice is so ughhh my favorite LM member :heart:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

She lacks huge amounts of artistic identity for me. I guess it's a predictable outcome after being in a group for a decade... Only Jade has a proper vision of who she wants to be as an artist.

I hope she finds something to stick to because everything she's put out is good, really.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.