• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• Danai G

• alexaalto

40 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

This is a HUGE bop, I'm fully back onboard now and I need an album ASAP

when she is doing minimal dancing she sounds so pleasing and soft but still strong:alexz3:

might even sound better here than on the record:katie2: 

the arrangement on this live performance is a tad better than on the released version imo, more rnb and not so island-y, fits the EP wellll

Edited by alexaalto

So I've watched some snippets and WOW! It looks like she really delivered. I'm actually very impressed with what I saw! 

I feel like I'm finally seeing her properly as a solo artist, she smashed it! Still hate Forbidden Fruit but everything else was great!

This must have been a real moment for her :heart:

oh wow those are good clips. I LOVE the way she sings live loud this part on OMG, it gives the song the punch it deserved:

"We switch sides to the opposite, I be dominant
Got you screamin', "Oh my gosh"
Curves real prominent, eyes all over it
Lookin' like, "Oh my gosh"

Edited by alexaalto
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexaalto said:

oh wow those are good clips. I LOVE the way she sings loud this part on OMG, it gives the song the punch it deserved:

"We switch sides to the opposite, I be dominant
Got you screamin', "Oh my gosh"
Curves real prominent, eyes all over it
Lookin' like, "Oh my gosh"

For me it makes the song better! As I originally found it meh but live it seems good?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

For me it makes the song better! As I originally found it meh but live it seems good?

yes! makes me want a live versions of these tracks haha

• Like 1

Nature is so good :jonny5: Such a bop, perfect for summer.

Im so impressed with this EP, my expectations were lowered considerably when I didn't love Forbidden Fruit but this is a really solid body of work.

the way everyone hates Forbidden Fruit :lmao: I haven't seen a song panned so hard in a while.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Im so impressed with this EP, my expectations were lowered considerably when I didn't love Forbidden Fruit but this is a really solid body of work.

I'll Still Be Here is THAT ***** :jonny6:

I think it is my fave solo Leigh song?

I'm currently not sold on Nature tbh, maybe it'll grow on me?

• Like 2

Nature slaps. Her live show ate too, absolutely loved watching her 

9 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

Well i wouldn't go that far but yeah .. at least Nature doesn't sound like a demo 

Is Nature the last song on this EP ? 

Not being very hard on Leigh i would say

Stealin Love would be a great album track if there was a little bit more work on it 

Forbidden Fruit is completely rubbish 

OMG a complete demo bop . Lots of work should be done there

Anticipate is actually cute . Definately not single worthy but a nice album track . It matches more with DSL , it could be the followed track on the album 

I'll Still Be There could be the last track on the album 

Nature sounds like it COULD have been a single if ML was a hit 

Overall i dont hate it , but its missing the good production and how this body of work was presented.  What is sad is that we already have 8 songs here . They could have improved the production on these ones and find 2 more single-worth it and drop a full album 

Also i will never understand why ML was not a hit 

• Like 1

Imma be honest: I don't think that this EP has any potential to produce big hits, BUT at least Leigh-Anne can show to the world what she's capable of and what we should probably expect from the album. I think that they are keeping the stronger songs for the album, thus most of NHF songs sound like demos. 

Nature is a bop, it could really become a generate hit if Warner play their cards right. At least it sounds like a complete song (sorry :oh:) and the fact that Leigh-Anne wrote it by herself really highlights her writing abilities. 

I am very happy to see they have announced more UK shows, they can easily sell them out and the live performances will boost Leigh-Anne's confidence even more. I am very excited for the album and let's hope the best for her. ❤️

• Like 1

I'm personally not so bothered about the "hit material" on the EP, but I understand that as fans you/we all obviously want to see her get some success. For me, it's clear that this music is the style she *wants* to be releasing and I can only imagine how freeing and satisfying that must feel (for the entire group) after making sacrifices and compromises for 10+ years in the interest of the group. As long as she is releasing music she's happy with, and as long as I enjoy it too, then I'm happy!

So so proud of her. I can't believe we are about to see all of the girls thriving and releasing material all at once, killing it in their own lane. 

Trust me as someone who followed the 5H girls after breakup too, this is remarkable 

6 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

So so proud of her. I can't believe we are about to see all of the girls thriving and releasing material all at once, killing it in their own lane. 

Trust me as someone who followed the 5H girls after breakup too, this is remarkable 

What do you mean? The LM girls haven't really found any footing yet or hits as solo artists.

5H still produced a major pop star and the other girls have strong worldwide fanbases and released great music on their own.:celestial5:

OT that was way more intimate of a show than I thought it would be, :deadbanana4: but she slayed, I hope she can become a major star shes too talented

Edited by Afterglow

"Nature" is also getting added to NMF playlists so hopefully a nice little boost in streams for the EP 

I hope she's actually DANCING in the OMG video. The Stealin Love and Forbidden fruit videos were huge let downs.

let me stream :duca:

Well, it's definitely the best of the three videos but there is sooooo much screentime wasted on BTS shots. The video would have been so much more effective if it was just pure choreo from start to finish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im mad for her, this could've been such a cute little moment if her label had given at least a fraction of the budget that her first 2 videos got cause the choreo moments were good and she looks amazing..... warner you WILL perish 

:clack:

'Nature' quite low down on the NMF playlists, which I suppose isn't a massive surprise. Hopefully the playlist reach helps give the EP a cute little boost.

Where does she go next? Her mini tour doesn't kick off until around October and her new single campaign won't be until September.. so, are we in for 2 months of silence?

12 hours ago, mampie said:

Im mad for her, this could've been such a cute little moment if her label had given at least a fraction of the budget that her first 2 videos got cause the choreo moments were good and she looks amazing..... warner you WILL perish 

:clack:

I really, really hope that once they realise how much potential she has they will promote her more. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.