Nicki vs JLo - RedOne tracks

Josh

Nicki vs JLo - RedOne tra  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who released the better post-Gaga RedOne tracks?

• JLo
    • Nicki

Who released the better post-Gaga RedOne tracks?

Jennifer Lopez, blue, , attractive, beautiful, sophisticated, artwork,  costume, artist HD wallpaper | Pxfuel

JLo:
On The Floor

Papi

Invading My Mind

Dance Again

Live It Up

vs

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday, Roman Reloaded - Amazon.com Music

Nicki:
Starships
Pound The Alarm

Whip It

Automatic

Edited by Josh

I'm not a barb or anything, but I think Nicki brought a lot of personality to her RedOne produced tracks, while Jenna Flopez's tracks sound like they could've been sung by literally anyone

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

So sad he didn't produce Hypnotico cause this song alone>>:jonny6:

• Like 1

Hypntico alone clears Nicki's Redone tracks. She hates them too so

• Like 1

the nicki songs are good but invading my mind is kinda the best song of all time :WAP:

• Like 2

+1 for "Hypnotico"

It is messed up for Nicki to say she "dislikes" a track when people worked hard on those tracks that were given to Nicki.

Was Katy really offered "Starships" or was that just a made up rumor? Because didn't Lady Gaga bar RedOne from working with Natalia Kills, Britney, and Katy and practically anyone Gaga viewed as a threat?

Edited by Junipero
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Junipero said:

Because didn't Lady Gaga bar RedOne from working with Natalia Kills and Katy and practically anyone Gaga viewed as a threat?

I just went down a rabbit hole bc I adored Natalia Kills back in the day. They literally had the same labels releasing their albums (Interscope, Cherrytree Records, and Akon's label). I just discovered Natalia worked with Fernando Garibay way before Gaga did, so that would be interesting. Gaga “prohibiting" her producers from working with other girls, and then stealing Garibay from Natalia Kills :rip:  but anyway that Redone rumor came from a random Perez Hilton tea-spilling session. Redone was working with JLo and Kat DeLuna at the same time he was working with Gaga so she either didn't care for any of those 2 girls, or Perez is full of **** like we already know. 

Edited by SweetTalker

I feel like J Lo's tracks sound less dated than Nicki's. Both are very much a product of it's time but Nicki's tracks are heavy on the beat drop w/o any lyrics while Jen only has Live It Up that follows that structure, her other tracks are more easy on the ears

• Like 1

OTF is so nostalgic for me, hearing for the first time and watching it shoot up and dominate the charts was a real moment, and she effectively replicated that feeling at least twice.

Nicki's RedOne songs are some of the worst in her catalog. She did much better with David Guetta. Those should be discussed more.

Don't forget this under rated one! 

• Like 2

On The Floor clears 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperCiC1 said:

Nicki's RedOne songs are some of the worst in her catalog.

not after she dropped queen and pf2

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

not after she dropped queen and pf2

both hit albums comprised of actual hip hop and some of her best musical moments, if not her best lyricism, still better than the redone garb.

On the Floor, Live It Up, Dance Again>>>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperCiC1 said:

both hit albums comprised of actual hip hop and some of her best musical moments, if not her best lyricism, still better than the redone garb.

yeah bad hip hop lmao, fillers fillers and even more fillers

11 minutes ago, Kimi said:

yeah bad hip hop lmao, fillers fillers and even more fillers

this alone is better than jlo entire disco idc wat any1 say

Jlo  >> :jonny5: Invading My Mind should've been 2nd single and Hypnotico should've follow.

Dance Again and Live It Up are underrated and Papi is a bop!

Pound The Alarm > Starships but both are solid bops, the rest... meh.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sheep said:

The talented one. :suburban:

10 hours ago, Bitter Aging Twink said:

I'm not a barb or anything, but I think Nicki brought a lot of personality to her RedOne produced tracks, while Jenna Flopez's tracks sound like they could've been sung by literally anyone

I know we're definitely not talking about "talent" and "personality" with songs that are utter garbage like Starships. Even Nicki doesn't claim it anymore. :toofunny2:

OT: On the Floor and Hypnotico are flawless pop songs. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

52 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I know we're definitely not talking about "talent" and "personality" with songs that are utter garbage like Starships. Even Nicki doesn't claim it anymore. :toofunny2:

Why is everyone claiming Hypnotico as RedOne's? hes not a producer for it only a writer

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

So glad that my fav Nicki is singing her remembered classic Starships to close out her setlist at her sold out arena shows that are in support of her #1 album which has spawned several hits. :clap3:

Less talented artists can't claim any of those feats in modern times, let alone all of them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Why is everyone claiming Hypnotico as RedOne's? hes not a producer for it only a writer

RedOne produced the Tami Chynn demo for Hypnotico and Jimmy Joker is produced the final version, which isn't very different from RedOne's original version.

22 minutes ago, Sheep said:

So glad that my fav Nicki is singing her remembered classic Starships to close out her setlist at her sold out arena shows that are in support of her #1 album which has spawned several hits. :clap3:

Less talented artists can't claim any of those feats in modern times, let alone all of them.

Your fave is a pedophile apologist who's remembered for nothing except online antics, her criminal activities and her butt injections to make herself look like J.Lo. :clap3: 

And let's not pretend that J.Lo won't sell out her arena tour (with over 3 months to go) or that Starships is a "classic" that's more remembered than "On the Floor." That's not what their total and daily streams say. :alexz3:

• Thumbs Down 1

I love and miss the sounds of this era and all these songs. What other style Redone songs have I missed in general I wonder?

Im a big dance/pop/EDM fan so this is all magic to me still. I love that Nicki is not paying dust to some of these songs. 

On 3/19/2024 at 7:53 PM, Mke1979 said:

I love and miss the sounds of this era and all these songs. What other style Redone songs have I missed in general I wonder?

Im a big dance/pop/EDM fan so this is all magic to me still. 

You should definitely search for his discography and listen to all the songs he produced (with an open mind). You'll find plenty of songs you'll like. Contrary to what ATRL tells you, he is a lot of gems that are not with Gaga or Kat DeLuna. As for other styles, he's even produced ballads or mid tempo songs like the ones on Nicole Scherzinger's "Killer Love" album.

What RedOne productions have you heard? I can make a list of ones I like that you haven't heard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.