will Taylor occupy the entire Top10 with tracks from Tortured Poets Department album?

tili33

will Taylor occupy the entire Top10 with tracks from Tortured Poets Department album?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. will Taylor occupy the entire Top10 with tracks from Tortured Poets Department album?

She has a better chance than anyone else. 

not only that, she will clear 2M SPS and 200 million streams first day!

Edited by shookspeare
  • Like 3

BrandNewBrandon

Chances of occupying the entire top 10 are bigger than not occupying the entire top 10. Nobody else can do that in the streaming era. 

But only because Taylor stans have been spreading misinformation when she did it the first time I would like to clarify that she's definitely not the only artist who could do it. Listening to a song from her album in the streaming era gives each song points to chart on the Hot 100. If you purchased each song in the digital era it would automatically be counted as an album sale and therefore the songs would not qualify to chart. And in the physical era it was also impossible considering each single would've had to have been released officially as a physical single. So just reminding the Taylor stans about this before they'll start comparing her to past superstars who don't have this record :-*

Edited by BrandNewBrandon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

5 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Chances of occupying the entire top 10 are bigger than not occupying the entire top 10. Nobody else can do that in the streaming era. 

But only because Taylor stans have been spreading misinformation when she did it the first time I would like to clarify that she's definitely not the only artist who could do it. Listening to a song from her album in the streaming era gives each song points to chart on the Hot 100. If you purchased each song in the digital era it would automatically be counted as an album sale and therefore the songs would not qualify to chart. And in the physical era it was also impossible considering each single would've had to have been released officially as a physical single. So just reminding the Taylor stans about this before they'll start comparing her to past superstars who don't have this record :-*

notyou-tiffany.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Since so many artists coming before Taylor drop, numbers on the hot 100 would be higher than it is now. Whole top 10 is still a big possibility tho

Right now I'm leaning towards no, just because she doesn't have the Tik Tok promo to help her this time. BUT Taylor has always been the exception to the rule because she always finds a way - the music video with no music being #1 on iTunes and her utilizing Instagram are good examples of her coping with the UMG/Tik Tok dispute in a way that still helps. 

Taylor has the power to do so, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ariana or Benson manage to cling on to the Top 10 during album release week.

Could the mods get that gaslight gatekeep goalpost out of general diccussions in April?

He's already starting to mald over here.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Haha 1

I don't think so, but because I think the charts will be a bit stronger. Maybe 8 Top 10 or something like that.

41 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

• Like 3

BrandNewBrandon
7 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

It was impossible to get the entire top 10 though. People opted to consume the whole album by purchasing it digitally while opting to consume it via streaming nowadays is still individually streaming each song and giving it points. 

The fairest comparison would be if the only way to consume albums via iTunes would be to buy each track individually. Most people will listen to her newest album on Spotify and give each song an individual stream by doing that. In the digital era most people downloaded the whole album so each individual song was counted as an album sale which is why peaks from Adele or Lady Gaga didn't have such records. 

Edited by BrandNewBrandon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

48 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

No, purchasing all songs individually in the digital era didn't instantly translate to 1 album and be 0 singles. Lemonade is the perfect example as several people bought the tracks individually cause it was cheaper to buy the songs than the album as a whole if you didn't want the visual - all the songs charted.

• Like 4

BrandNewBrandon
1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

No, purchasing all songs individually in the digital era didn't instantly translate to 1 album and be 0 singles. Lemonade is the perfect example as several people bought the tracks individually cause it was cheaper to buy the songs than the album as a whole if you didn't want the visual - all the songs charted.

Midnights' release in a 2011 landscape: Fans will buy it on iTunes when it comes out, so all individual songs will be translated to 1 album sale without points on the Hot 100. 

Midnights' release in a 2022 landscape: Fans will stream it on Spotify when it comes out, so all individual songs will have an individual stream which all counts towards the Hot 100. 

• Thumbs Down 2

probably yes, it depends on whether these remaining 30 days will be competitive or not, and if not then she has the entire top10 all to herself with ease :jonny5:

Idk tbh, while it's still likely I see her doing 8-9 tracks all in the top 10 rather than 10/10. If she DOES do 10/10 it would have to be through the effort of the Swifties, and won't be as organic given that what she did with MIDNIGHTS was something that nobodyyyy ever expected. Not even the Swifties.

I'm just hoping moreso that the quality of the album is just as reflective as how impressive it is to get 10/10 tracks in the Top 10. If the album isn't that great, it just won't be as impressive than if she did it with quality tracks. 

She only needs to do as well as Midnights... If a song is close to the top 10, Swifties will buy it because, surprise, the fandom actually buys music when needed

More than likely! And she'll do it again the month after when she drops The Tortured Poets Department (Extra Torture Edition) and the month after that when she drops The Tortured Poets Department (Jigsaw Trap Edition).

spacer.png

• Haha 1

It depends on what's happening on the Hot 100 around it. Vigilante **** (the #10 that week) debuted with ~265 TOTC points (which is a meaningless metric except for comparison), and the current #1 has been in the 220-260 range all year, so if the 10th most successful track on TTPD performs like Vigilante ****, then yes. This is, of course, assuming no major growth from hits in the top 10, or any serious challengers. The only major release between now and then is Cowboy Carter, and I'm not sure if anything will out-peak THE, which peaked with 260 TOTC points (or, under Vigilante ****'s potential equal from TTPD). Unless something insane happens in the meantime with a song like Training Season or We Can't Be Friends, I feel pretty positive that it will happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

why are you so obsessed with discrediting or diminishing taylor's achievements every time you get a chance

what's in there for you... who paid you

189d79954ddc5a901bb867fe9a2b07ed.gif

Edited by TROPICUM

BrandNewBrandon
10 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

why are you so obsessed with discrediting or diminishing taylor's achievements every time you get a chance

what's in there for you... who paid you

189d79954ddc5a901bb867fe9a2b07ed.gif

It's more like Taylor stans are discrediting everyone that came before Taylor and I am making sure they stop.

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

It's more like Taylor stans are discrediting everyone that came before Taylor and I am making sure they stop.

you are scary

• Like 2

Depends on if drake or kanye west drop singles in april

BrandNewBrandon
47 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

you are scary

Nah. Judging by the recent most insufferable fanbase thread everyone agrees you guys are :toofunny3: But we can make a poll if you want to :rip:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Depends on timing and competition. But she is the biggest female artist of all time, so don't be surprised if she does it again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

Nah. Judging by the recent most insufferable fanbase thread everyone agrees you guys are :toofunny3: But we can make a poll if you want to :rip:

but i'm not a swiftie...

are you ok?

onikaswanz-stan-twitter.gif

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.