Nicki cancels New Orleans concert hours before show starts, she is sick

Stepfon

Performer Nicki Minaj's scheduled concert Monday (March 18) at the Smoothie King Center was abruptly canceled just hours before the show, with arena officials saying the star was too ill to perform.

“Due to doctor's orders, Nicki Minaj must reschedule her NOLA show tonight,” the Smoothie King Center posted on Instagram at 4:06 p.m. “As Nicki is still sick, our team does not want to run the risk of getting others sick, and Nicki would not be able to give NOLA the show they deserve. We are working diligently to find a new date, so please hold onto your tickets, and we will inform you all soon.”

Fox 8 was first to report the cancelation of the “Pink Friday 2 World Tour" stop, about an hour before the official announcement.

Nicki Minaj's New Orleans concert canceled hours before show, citing performer's illness (fox8live.com)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• Afterglow

• Superbitch

• imabadkid

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting Queen Tour flashbacks

She must've heard about Punteria. :eli: 

• Haha 2

68912.gif

• Haha 1

Must have got a bad batch of white powder for such a last minute announcement 

:clack:

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Stepfon said:

Smoothie King Center

:toofunny2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Just now, glitch said:

:toofunny2:

Yeah the Smoothie King Center thing made me ... do a double take. But then I realized this was Louisiana and it's like... oh...

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

She's used to having a runny nose so I'm sure she'll bounce back quickly.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, punisher said:

poor barbz :(

“The team hasn't come here yet to set up"

That's a lie. 
This was clearly a very last minute decision based on health. The concert is sold out. She was noticeably sick at RollingLoud. The truck is literally parked outside the venue.

They've notified ticket holders that they're working on rescheduling the date. 

IMG-7306.jpg

• Like 2

Be an antivax, it's gonna cost ya

Oon8PfQ.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yall love to try it, she is obviously sick. Wish her better and Im sure the date will be rescheduled. 

Too bad, she was definitely sick at Rolling Loud. Tour is going so well, hope she can recover fast. 

tbh still cant believe shes on an acclaimed, sold out tour this far into her career. 

Edited by Afterglow
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

First sky and nicki 

what kind of sickness is going around s:wan: 

Well we know she's good for a few of these 

13 minutes ago, punisher said:

:deadbanana4:

girl, be calm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can someone update the gif with a picture of a covid vaccine syringe or a Kleenex or something nnn

Oon8PfQ.gif

• Haha 14

uh oh

:suburban:

4 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Yall love to try it, she is obviously sick. Wish her better and Im sure the date will be rescheduled. 

Too bad, she was definitely sick at Rolling Loud. Tour is going so well, hope she can recover fast. 

tbh still cant believe shes on an acclaimed, sold out tour this far into her career. 

Yeah I feel like people love to make jokes about her and sometimes it's warranted. However, for her to be this far into her career and to have an album do as well as her most recent album did AND to be on a sold out tour, considering the bad press she's gotten the last few years, that speaks to how strong her fan base is. And tbh as we can see, these days just because you were a big A-List star 10 or 15 years ago doesn't mean anything in 2024, the music world moves fast and people will sing your songs today and completely forget about u tomorrow (JT, JLo, etc)

so when it comes to Nicki I give her credit, she's still here and doing well and NO ONE had that on their bingo card tbh.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This is really not on. If you're sick, you're sick - fine. That's not the problem. The problem is not having the common courtesy to extend your apologies to the fans. If she did that I'm sure the majority of them wouldn't mind and would be grateful for the truth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.