HDD: Ariana Grande 2x #1 100k, Kacey Musgraves #2 95k, Justin Timberlake #4 65k

Renan90

11 hours ago, BnPac said:

How do people stand this? The more I read posts on this forum about country radio, the more flabbergasted I am. How is this allowed? 

In the U.S., it's a known secret that country radio and Christian radio are all run by payola. Likewise, a significant portion of hip-hop artists pay for their streams.

7 hours ago, Anticipating said:

image.png.d0b8de96f551024d73d6d7d7525a3a

JT hasn't even hit 50K as of today :deadbanana4: 12K from streams :deadbanana4:

RCA having a pop emergency meeting as we speak

hLpmtNe-Imgur.thumb.gif.6b539cd97762a245

Sister, where did you get this report? How is it possible to bomb so badly that you don't even move 100k single units first week in the U.S.? :deadbanana: 

14 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Justin doing slightly more than The Gift and Homecoming which did not have pure copies at the time :deadbanana4: will it even outlast The Gift (14 weeks)?

Girl, he barely outstreamed Avril Lavigne with 5 extra tracks and TTH. The fact that he once thought he was on Beyoncé's level is hysterical in retrospect.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anticipating

• shyboi

• fridayteenage

• Green

4 hours ago, Anticipating said:

Justin Timberlake's first week sales since 2013

#1. 968,000 - The 20/20 Experience

#1. 350,000 - The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2

#1. 293,000 - Man of the Woods

#4. 65,000 - Everything I Thought It Was

CiaraSales-vi.gif

Even the decline between parts 1 and 2 of the 20/20 experience is HUGE mess ctfu omg

Justin shoulda shown his butt on the cover I guess. 

6 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Jt with barely over 50k. Britney Jean did 107k first week. So let that SINK in :gaycat2:

I'm afraid we have a new benchmark for the word flop and low sales :coffee:

I wonder will JT replicate its chart run of 4, 22. 

4 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

The GP rly said Everything I Thought it WASN'T

CiaraSales-vi.gif

Future Nostalgia opened with 66k. 

6 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Jt with barely over 50k. Britney Jean did 107k first week. So let that SINK in :gaycat2:

I'm afraid we have a new benchmark for the word flop and low sales :coffee:

Britney Jean was over a decade ago though, and in Q4 (best moment for sales) at that :rip: both terrible results and even worse for both outside US.

-

Kacey might not take the #1 but she should reach her best first week ever.

Are there really no ATRL gays tech savvy enough to create a Justin version of this gif? :katie:

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

In the U.S., it's a known secret that country radio and Christian radio are all run by payola. Likewise, a significant portion of hip-hop artists pay for their streams.

Sister, where did you get this report? How is it possible to bomb so badly that you don't even move 100k single units first week in the U.S.? :deadbanana: 

Girl, he barely outstreamed Avril Lavigne with 5 extra tracks and TTH. The fact that he once thought he was on Beyoncé's level is hysterical in retrospect.

Well sales-wise and such, up to 2013, he very much was.... The 20/20 Experience 1 & 2 combined are at like 11M units, more than self-titled. Even until 2016, "Can't Stop the Feeling" was massive that year and he still felt like one of the biggest pop stars. Things changed after that of course.

3 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

60K is decent. Its not a JLO sized bomb.

Let me give you perspective. 

JLo's last 4 albums did: 

53k in 2007

83k in 2011 (+30k)

33k in 2014 (-50k)

21k in 2024 (10 year gap, -12k) 

JT's last 3 albums:

968k in 2013

350k in 2014 (-618k)

293k in 2018 (-57k)

65k in 2024  (6 year gap, -228k) 

Safe to say JT's is a bigger sized BOMB than JLo's :rip: 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

JLo's last 4 albums did: 

53k in 2007

83k in 2011 (+30k)

33k in 2014 (-50k)

JT's last 3 albums:

968k in 2013

350k in 2014 (-618k)

293k in 2018 (-57k)

well...

Haha5hah-Y-ji-Gejsb-YAVBab-Ya27-Hagsb-Y6

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

JLo's last 4 albums did: 

53k in 2007

83k in 2011 (+30k)

33k in 2014 (-50k)

JT's last 3 albums:

968k in 2013

350k in 2014 (-618k)

293k in 2018 (-57k)

#4 debut (JT) is better than #38 debut (This is me now) :michael: 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Green said:

#4 debut (JT) is better than #38 debut (This is me now) :michael: 

why y'all feel the need to compare it to JLo? who was never an album seller to begin with

she was doing similar numbers a decade ago, justin was doing almost A MILLION a decade ago. 

there's no comparison

Edited by shyboi

19 minutes ago, shyboi said:

why y'all feel the need to compare it to JLo? who was never an album seller to begin with she was doing similar numbers a decade ago, justin was doing almost A MILLION a decade ago. 

there's no comparison

There's an Atrl thread about how Jlo's Brave only sold 500k worldwide despite being a 2007 album. Like... 

6 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

JLo's last 4 albums did: 

53k in 2007

83k in 2011 (+30k)

33k in 2014 (-50k)

JT's last 3 albums:

968k in 2013

350k in 2014 (-618k)

293k in 2018 (-57k)

That's not how it works :rip: 

JLO did 33k in 2014. So even if she sold 0 copies this year, it would be a (-33k) decrease and still better than JT by your logic??

• Thumbs Down 1

lol waiT... now they're saying JT and Usher are on the same level but let's pull the receipts... the day Usher was announced for the Superbowl 90% of ATRL, "he's irrelevant - who listens to Usher anymore - he hasn't had a hit in years" No shade to Usher but JT was always bigger than him, JT was THE male pop star of the 2000s and early 2010s. Same with JLo, she's always been successful but JT was bigger than her as well.

It's sad to see him going out like this and I say this as a former stan but he's always been a nasty arrogant person - even removing the Janet and Britney situation. It's interesting how Xtina's name gets dragged through the mud when people have had similar interactions with him but they never get the coverage/media attention. To be fair has worked HARD to get to where he is and has always been obsessed with being an A-List star, the fact that the only way he can get good media attention these days is only when he's with N'Sync prob drives him crazy because he dropped them for years because he thought he was better than them. Life comes at u fast sometimes.

HgYULfD.gif

Seeing the two Justin stans now using JLo as their standard is hilarious :redface:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, OrgVisual said:

That's not how it works :rip: 

JLO did 33k in 2014. So even if she sold 0 copies this year, it would be a (-33k) decrease and still better than JT by your 

Jlo's first week sales declined 36% after her first studio album in 10 years with no major label backing. Her flopping was expected as her physicals were already weak and she never transitioned properly to streaming. AKA only had "Booty" as a quick hit (which didnt make Year End charts) because of the Iggy novelty and the booty obsession in 2014. Aint Your Mama also wasnt a hit in USA. 

Justin had a 78% decline in first week sales from his last album within 6 years, a much short timeframe than Jlo's gap. Thats an objectively bigger dissapointment and more unexpected flop especially when he actually had a streaming hit witb Can't Stop the Feeling. This is especially bad since Justin actually has the backing of a major label.  

Why are you guys having bomb off. :rip:

• Haha 5

I don't give a f about Britney/Janet situations but people who have met/served/encountered JT say he is a rude, nasty person so this is his karma i guess. Still, i don't think he cares because the tour is doing fine and albums are an excuse to tour these days.

16 hours ago, Anticipating said:

#1. 968,000 - The 20/20 Experience

I had no idea he almost sold 1M for 20/20. Wow. 

Yes, this is sadly a bad result for him. I expected him to be #1 on sales at least. I liked Selfish and Drown though so good luck to him. Next will be brutal, I wonder if he'll even be doing 2M by the beginning of 3rd week. 

• Like 1

I'm even more shocked 20/20 was so big because on streaming, the album only has 2 tracks over 100M, 237M and 1B for Mirrors. And the 3rd most streamed has 57M and the rest below 50M. Probably one of those albums that sold based on hype but fans didn't like that much which would explain why the 2nd part did so little. I think As I Am had a similar effect on Alicia's career. 

• Like 2

Congrats to Jlo? Is that what I'm understanding from this thread?

• Haha 7

34 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I'm even more shocked 20/20 was so big because on streaming, the album only has 2 tracks over 100M, 237M and 1B for Mirrors. And the 3rd most streamed has 57M and the rest below 50M. Probably one of those albums that sold based on hype but fans didn't like that much which would explain why the 2nd part did so little. I think As I Am had a similar effect on Alicia's career. 

Spot-on. Mirrors being his No One and everything.

• Thanks 1

I don't know why you guys compare JT to JLo. 

JT was much bigger than her. 

He's used to be big, even Beyonce most successful album looks like a flop compared to his Futuresex/lovesound.

I really can't see Justin T coming back from this. It's honestly over. 

• Thanks 1