HDD: Ariana Grande 2x #1 100k, Kacey Musgraves #2 95k, Justin Timberlake #4 65k

Renan90

Gotta say Kacey's numbers are great and wasn't expecting such high volume after how SC was received. Clearly her audience has grown and was expecting something more similar to GH and past albums that the (great) experimentation of her last album.

Still, being so close to Ariana's great 2nd week. I wish she could snatch the number 1 just to middle finger the country radio though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anticipating

• shyboi

• fridayteenage

• Green

On 3/16/2024 at 8:44 PM, stevyy said:

well, he will get the #1 in Germany. I am happy about that. The US is a lost cause. 

6xQc2IV.png

hLpmtNe-Imgur.thumb.gif.6b539cd97762a245

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, spiritboy said:

I don't give a f about Britney/Janet situations but people who have met/served/encountered JT say he is a rude, nasty person so this is his karma i guess. Still, i don't think he cares because the tour is doing fine and albums are an excuse to tour these days.

This comment is so cringe. 

Who are these people ? Are these people in the room with us ? 

Kacey deserves that #2 for that horrible cover, what was she thinking????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tbh these numbers aren't THAT bad for jt. Usher had the halftime show and didn't sell that much more than JT. with the hate campaign against Justin I figured he would be about 60-70k 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

39 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Tbh these numbers aren't THAT bad for jt. Usher had the halftime show and didn't sell that much more than JT. with the hate campaign against Justin I figured he would be about 60-70k 

Usher: +139% from his last album

Justin: -80% from his last album

Not to mention one debuted in 1994, the other in 2002 :deadbanana:

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Romova99 said:

I do no understand what the thought process behind this was bc she has better options from the shoot. The one she chose looks like she's holding in a sneeze :rip:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

Usher sold 4k off his last project and 32k off the project before first week. Also usher released when he did the halftime show this year of course his numbers would be up. Also JT was off the halftime his last era so his  so that makes sense his numbers are are lower. My statement still stands. 

1 hour ago, ctlp27 said:

Gotta say Kacey's numbers are great and wasn't expecting such high volume after how SC was received. Clearly her audience has grown and was expecting something more similar to GH and past albums that the (great) experimentation of her last album.

Still, being so close to Ariana's great 2nd week. I wish she could snatch the number 1 just to middle finger the country radio though.

She already middle finger'd them when Golden Hour won AOTY and again when the Zach duet ended up one of the biggest hits of the decade so far without their support. She's a winner regardless. A #1 album may happen next time around

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

I do no understand what the thought process behind this was bc she has better options from the shoot. The one she chose looks like she's holding in a sneeze :rip:

:bibliahh:

4 hours ago, Romova99 said:

I mean it's her highest in over a decade

The JT stans relying on Usher are so nauseating. Selling 55k in pure sales with 91k total and a #2 debut/peak is not the same as selling 65k in total with a #4 debut/peak. :rip:

Edited by crf13
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Anticipating said:

Both artists are 90s debuts. Usher as a solo, and Justin as part of *NSYNC.

Honestly the best thing to do right now would be to shell out big bucks for a major (and I mean major, like Drake) feature for a "Selfish" remix and also add it to the album. The song is quite catchy and if someone like Justin Bieber had released it probably would've been big on streaming. It's still doing pretty well at radio so it could send the song into the Top 10 and cushion the album in the next months. Get "Selfish Remix (feat. Drake)" onto all the major playlists and send it to rhythmic radio as well and it could turn the song into a legit streaming hit and save the era IMO.

Edited by MatiRod

I do wish Kacey would get the #1 but her numbers are great.

It'll go #1 when The Architect is a 28 week #1 :clap3: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

Honestly the best thing to do right now would be to shell out big bucks for a major (and I mean major, like Drake) feature for a "Selfish" remix and also add it to the album. The song is quite catchy and if someone like Justin Bieber had released it probably would've been big on streaming. It's still doing pretty well at radio so it could send the song into the Top 10 and cushion the album in the next months. Get "Selfish Remix (feat. Drake)" onto all the major playlists and send it to rhythmic radio as well and it could turn the song into a legit streaming hit and save the era IMO.

mmm idk about that, do you think someone like Drake would like to get associated with thee uncle of pop?

not like Drake have street cred but justin is just waaay too lame 

16 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Both artists are 90s debuts. Usher as a solo, and Justin as part of *NSYNC.

That's not how it works :dies: This isn't a NSYNC album… it's a Justin Timberlake album.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

I don't think there's enough overlap between Drake and JT's fanbases to make the collab worth it. 

Edited by Rotunda

14 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

Do you really think RCA is willing to spend more money on this bomb when they've already lost millions on radio + Spotify payola for the lead single? :psyduck:  

34 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

Do you really think RCA is willing to spend more money on this bomb when they've already lost millions on radio + Spotify payola for the lead single? :psyduck:  

They can easily recoop the investment from the Tour which is projected to gross $150M

They're still trying. Oh well, may the best selling album of the week win.

5 hours ago, MatiRod said:

no they should just release the mariah ai cover of it :butterfly:

5 hours ago, shyboi said:

mmm idk about that, do you think someone like Drake would like to get associated with thee uncle of pop?

not like Drake have street cred but justin is just waaay too lame 

They already collab'd :rip:

14 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

I really can't see Justin T coming back from this. It's honestly over. 

Yeah... when you go from the biggest pop star, someone who the media was saying next in line to be the next MJ, to... this... idk. I feel like he needs a full rebrand. This whole era feels disjointed and I feel like him and his team are still stuck in the 2000s.  I wish he had younger people around him who could help explain that it's a whole new world in 2024 - the old PR tricks from back in the day don't work anymore.

15 hours ago, Anticipating said:

Why do you have that woman on your avatar?

Anw, between Justin and Usher, Justin definitely have more consistent career since Usher has faced a downfall after Confession era