Cardi B’s “Enough (Miami)” did not debut on the Spotify Global 200 chart. Why?

KatyPrismSpirit

it’s over for her. she had a good run though. 

glad whip shots is doing well for her :clap3:

• Haha 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lg6chromatica

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Nickimeetsatrl

• ImpressMeMuch

She should have released the album after WAP and Up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

3 of cardis top hits are pop and others are pop leaning lol let’s not rewrite history

Cardi made a name for herself bc of RAP music. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

3 of cardis top hits are pop and others are pop leaning lol let’s not rewrite history

Bodak Yellow and WAP are pop hits? Bffr

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

I think moreso Megan. Doja is in a different lane.

Your misogynistic fav conditioned you to believe that there's room for only 1-2 female rappers at a time, but there's room for all of them, they just succeed at different points, and often their success overlaps. They aren't all mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

it’s really not that surprising

i don’t think there was much hype despite the snippet going viral

this should’ve been released last year as a comeback single (instead of bongos) with a better mv and playlisting

In 2024, that literally is the definition hype. The snippet received very nearly 5 million likes on TikTok alone, which is insane. But then Cardi was shadow banned on Instagram and likely TikTok bc the single cover and music video preview were both flagged for nudity, and Atlantic didn't invest in any major playlisting for her. So now the masses don't even know she dropped.

1 minute ago, lg6chromatica said:

Your misogynistic fav conditioned you to believe that there's room for only 1-2 female rappers at a time, but there's room for all of them, they just succeed at different points, and often their success overlaps. They aren't all mutually exclusive.

I never said that. Of course there can be more at once. Nicki advocated for that. She’s literally the female rapper with most collabs with other female rappers. What I am saying is the audience that Cardi appeals too, Megan has taken over.

Nicki, Doja, Sexy Redd, Ice Spice and Megan all appeals to different crowds in my opinion, and they get support from those. 

What people look for in Cardi, they now find it in Megan, in my opinion.

And in any case, rap is a sport, you suppose to try to be the best. Cardi is not the best in her area anymore, and while she can coexist and get some support, clearly she’s declining. 

Next week Shakira will help her out tho, I look forward to that! 

1 hour ago, Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣 said:

it’s over for her. she had a good run though. 

glad whip shots is doing well for her :clap3:

How is it over when she's able to effortlessly chart with every release on the Hot 100? There are female rapers out there - no shade to Iggy, Latto, all shade to BIA, JT, etc. - who are unable to achieve that feat. Even some of their better performing singles fail to chart.

I understand that she’s waited too long to release an album but I don’t understand how she can go from snatching No.1s left and right to flopping like this. EVERY single thing she releases straight up bombs, there’s literally 0 interest left from the GP in her songs anymore.

Megan and Doja really destroyed her

5 minutes ago, lg6chromatica said:

How is it over when she's able to effortlessly chart with every release on the Hot 100? There are female rapers out there - no shade to Iggy, Latto, all shade to BIA, JT, etc. - who are unable to achieve that feat. Even some of their better performing singles fail to chart.

I love how on one breath you are all about female empowerment and at the next breath you diss Bia and JT 🤭 classic hater.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

Bodak Yellow and WAP are pop hits? Bffr

Obviously not the ones I’m referring to luv lol

I said three of her top hits, not her three top hits 

Edited by ImpressMeMuch

45 minutes ago, lg6chromatica said:

Cardi made a name for herself bc of RAP music. 

Indeed, but the narrative in this thread is that she’s “finally gonna go to pop” when that ship has long sailed 

• Thumbs Down 1

I think her lack of talent ultimately caught up to her. You can't really build a fanbase on just being likeable if you don't have the talent to back it up. Yes Selena Gomez exists but she was lucky enough to be able to imprint on many kids/teens through Disney Channel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cardi's career is over because she's missing all of the elements that allowed her to (temporarily) succeed in the first place. 

1. The rags to riches, "do it for the culture", love and hip-hop > mainstream storyline is no longer interesting or viable.

2. Being positioned by her label, the industry, and media as the antithesis of Nicki Minaj is no longer viable because they'd moved onto new prototypes.

3. Atlantic isn't giving her the same budget and payola as before because the return on investment is non-existent.

As a result, in order to succeed despite the above factors, she would need to be able to rely on a core fanbase and talent. And seeing as she has 0 talent as a rapper and her fanbase is a collection of ex barbz, Kim stans, and Nicki haters... her time has come. 

But don't worry.. her fanbase will navigate to the next female rapper the industry creates to dethrone Nicki and history will repeat itself, yet again. 

Edited by EliMaraj
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, EliMaraj said:

Cardi's career is over because she's missing all of the elements that allowed her to (temporarily) succeed in the first place. 

1. The rags to riches, "do it for the culture", love and hip-hop > mainstream storyline is no longer interesting or viable.

2. Being positioned by her label, the industry, and media as the antithesis of Nicki Minaj is no longer viable because they'd moved onto new prototypes.

3. Atlantic isn't giving her the same budget and payola as before because the return on investment is non-existent.

As a result, in order to succeed despite the above factors, she would need to be able to rely on a core fanbase and talent. And seeing as she has 0 talent as a rapper and her fanbase is a collection of ex barbz, Kim stans, and Nicki haters... her time has come. 

But don't worry.. her fanbase will navigate to the next female rapper the industry creates to dethrone Nicki and history will repeat itself, yet again. 

First of all, "ex barbz, Kim stans, and Nicki haters" is an unfair statement. I, personally, am a fan of Cardi B because of how fun and extravagant she is, both in her music and out. It doesn't hurt that she's so heavily inspired by - and is a massive fan of - Lady Gaga who is #1 on my stan list, whereas Nicki Minaj is the opposite, ripping off her entire image in the early 2010s whilst constantly being passive aggressive about her in interviews. 

Also, the "they're trying to dethrone Nicki!!!" narrative is extremely tired because in the early 2010s she was very much a pop star, competing with the likes of Katy, Gaga, Ke$ha, Britney etc. with pop hits - which are also her biggest hits - Super Bass/Starships - and pop aesthetics. Fast forward to 2014 and Iggy overshadowed her, then in 2017 before Cardi debuted, I remember, she released 3 singles back-to-back - including one Drake feature, mind you - trying to kick-start her new era and they were each colossal tanks.

The claim that she ever even had a throne in the first place is very questionable. 

GFypzIcXAAAXYHu.jpg

Edited by lg6chromatica
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, EliMaraj said:

Cardi was the last attempt at that. You cannot compare yourself with a female rapper who has 15 years in career, it's just reductive. You cannot overthrow someone has done all the numbers or years and even Cardi in 2018/19 was a bit too late for that. 

Female rappers are not known for longevity let alone 15 years. A new female rapper outselling PF2 is no accomplishment, or even outpassing PF (2010) is no dethroning. 

The "dethroning Nicki phase" was mainly a thing for 2013-2018. 

Edited by Aristotle

52 minutes ago, FOCK said:

I’d hide the thread @KatyPrismSpirit, she’s threatening to post receipts & this is gonna look embarrassing. :dancehall:

literally subbing the entire video and saying “I don’t sub” lmao 

here she goes again

3 hours ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

I never said that. Of course there can be more at once. Nicki advocated for that. She’s literally the female rapper with most collabs with other female rappers. What I am saying is the audience that Cardi appeals too, Megan has taken over.

Nicki, Doja, Sexy Redd, Ice Spice and Megan all appeals to different crowds in my opinion, and they get support from those. 

What people look for in Cardi, they now find it in Megan, in my opinion.

And in any case, rap is a sport, you suppose to try to be the best. Cardi is not the best in her area anymore, and while she can coexist and get some support, clearly she’s declining. 

Next week Shakira will help her out tho, I look forward to that! 

Not at all true. Nobody is replacing cardi. I bet she can still tour with a bad drop. The problem is that the GP has moved on from the trap wave, and cardi isnt releasing anything new or fresh. 

No more payola or sympathy. The corporate giant's such as Atlantic that tried to take Nicki out using Cardi failed so they've invested their money elsewhere. :gaycat1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.