Spotify Day 6: Justin Timberlake's 'Everything I Thought It Was' 3.6M (+128k)

tomo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anticipating

• Into The Void

• tomo

• SoundsandSongs

JWuY4DK.jpeg

7PM people were blessed :clap3:

i didn't expect him to chart anything cause the hype for the album is nonexistent but less than 10M with 18 songs is crazy :deadbanana4: that's like Smile numbers and Katy did it with 12 songs :dies:

Ouchhhhhhhhh

Omg… Glory did 5.5M back in 2016, and Spotify has 500M more users now :ahh: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jude said:

This thread would have been 10 pages by now if this was an MPG. :clack:

I hate to pull the sexism card but b*tch I will and idgaf because the double standards are INSANE. If this was a MPG not only would it be 15+ pages it'd be full of people laughing, mocking and ridiculing with gifs and memes. The way some of these pickmes make excuses for mediocre men and is another discussion for another time.

Also, I don't think is as much about a 20 year old break-up tbh. People have short memories and the news cycle moves way too fast nowadays. I think just think JT's audience has moved on and I say this as someone who used to love him but there's nothing rly there anymore... the music, the look, the era, the personality, it's all just not rly interesting anymore.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Arts not the charts :clap3:

6 minutes ago, imabadkid said:

I hate to pull the sexism card but b*tch I will and idgaf because the double standards are INSANE. If this was a MPG not only would it be 15+ pages it'd be full of people laughing, mocking and ridiculing with gifs and memes. The way some of these pickmes make excuses for mediocre men and is another discussion for another time.

Lol. There’s truly no need to go deep when in reality this site is just full of pop girls stans and people like to go for each other. Male artists are just barely discussed.

• Like 2

Not surprised. He doesn't have any hit right now. Selfish has been so local

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

Lol. There’s truly no need to go deep when in reality this site is just full of pop girls stans and people like to go for each other. Male artists are just barely discussed.

Lol. I think that's very convenient... but that's not just the case on ATRL. On Twitter, IG, etc. When a man flops it's met with far less ridicule, jokes, memes, gifs, etc. It's just intellectually dishonest to try and pretend there's no level of sexism and misogyny there imho.

• Thanks 1

actually this is a fair numbers, Usher did 6.7M with 20 tracks and super bowl hype 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

actually this is a fair numbers, Usher did 6.7M with 20 tracks and super bowl hype 

Usher's 2016 album debuted with 38K. His 2018 collab album did 15K. He did 91K this time around. He did great for his standards.

JT debuted 293K with Man of the Woods, 350K with The 20/20 Experience 2, and 968K with The 20/20 Experience. Now we're looking at a disaster.

CiaraSales-vi.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Kiss It Better said:

All those years of JT stans gloating about their fave outlasting Usher (who debuted a decade before JT mind you) to now act like we should have the same commercial expectations for both :deadbanana4:

JT was predicted to debut with 600k+ before his panned Super Bowl and ended up doing half of that so the "Super Bowl hype" isn't such a strong argument especially when Usher didn't perform any new song unlike Justin in 2018.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

This is actually really good for someone whose debut in the 90s. The double standards are wild & the promotion for this record isn’t as strong as previous eras. He’s doing great he’s nowhere near a streaming artist! 

Angel is picking up as well we are going for the long haul!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

Angel is picking up as well we are going for the long haul!

Where? :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Isn't this kind of worse than Smile?

Smile did like a litle bit less than 8M with 12 tracks lol

2 hours ago, Miley Cyrus said:

@Duca :redface:

No you didn't.

Does anyone know if he'll be able to make top 5? I mean if his iTunes numbers are solid he should be able to do it but with Ariana's 2nd week and the other solid streamed albums Kanye/Morgan/Drake/Sza/Noah/Taylor and Zach Bryan how will it fare for him in the top 10?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Which songs the GP streamed the most? (Minus Selfish & No Angels) 

Any prediction?

:suburban:

Here's the partial day from 14th while we wait.

Track Song 3/14
01 Memphis 7,524
02 F**kin' Up The Disco 6,297
03 No Angels 18,247
04 Play 4,677
05 Technicolor 4,308
06 Drown 294,865
07 Liar 4,872
08 Infinity Sex 3,513
09 Love & War 3,131
10 Sanctified 3,059
11 My Favorite Drug 2,683
12 Flame 2,473
13 Imagination 2,124
14 What Lovers Do 2,013
15 Selfish 826,701
16 Alone 1,887
17 Paradise 5,298
18 Conditions 1,789
Edited by tomo

26 minutes ago, slw84 said:

No you didn't.

Does anyone know if he'll be able to make top 5? I mean if his iTunes numbers are solid he should be able to do it but with Ariana's 2nd week and the other solid streamed albums Kanye/Morgan/Drake/Sza/Noah/Taylor and Zach Bryan how will it fare for him in the top 10?

I think he’ll go #3. Ariana or Kacey will be #1.

i can see him doing 100K though with physicals. 

Idk he is almost like 30 years into his career

This numbers are ok for some his age

But yeah there is a lot of hypocrisy, Jlo did around the same and she has been dragged to hell and back

slowly becoming the laughing stock he was destined to be

CiaraSales-vi.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2013: Almost 1M+ opening week, acclaimed, everyone was paying attention

2016: CSTF! is a worldwide mega smash

2017: He's corny, has a panned Super Bowl, album is panned and opens with 300k+

2024: Bombing in every way imaginable (minus radio lol), panned, washed up clown etc 

Crazy how fast his downfall happened

Edited by Raspberries
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I didnt expect more he hasnt transitioned into a streaming artist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.