Which era did you become a Swiftie?

naval23

Which era?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Which era did you become a Swiftie?

• Taylor Swift (2006)
    • Fearless (2008)
    • Speak Now (2010)
    • Red (2012)
    • 1989 (2014)
    • Reputation (2017)
    • Lover (2019)
    • folklore (2020)
    • evermore (2020)
    • Midnights (2022)
    • I'm not a Swiftie.

Her Bad B*tch era aka reputa

:khalyan2:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• queenoftheclouds

• trainsskyscrapers

• Jay07

• bkglk

Fearless

I liked her a bit during fearless, then I couldn't stand her between Speak Now and 'Shake it Off'... Then I didn't care for her during 1989 and Puta and started liking her during Lover... I started loving her during Folklore. x

• ATRL Moderator

Red sealed the deal for me as a big fan. reputation was when I feel she became my absolute “main favourite MPG” over Gaga (who released Joanne the previous year). I was a pretty casual fan since debut, though.

I got in to her after “Love Story” smashed and bought the deluxe re-pack of “Fearless”. I stayed on board as a casual and physically bought every album up to and including “Lover”.  I only really enjoyed “Fearless”, “Red” and “1989”.

“Speak Now” and “Reputation” were lows for me but I still remained on board throughout those eras. Despite owning a copy of “Lover”, for me it ultimately proved to be one dip too many in her discography and it remains the last Taylor album I physically bought.  No album she has released since has won me back round but I did enjoy the track “Karma”.  

At this point there is too much baggage surrounding her and its become alienating. I don’t relate to her anymore. Until such time she pivots back round to an album of mainstream pop, I don’t see myself being interested or engaged with her music again.

Some of Taylor’s newer material appears influenced by Lana (whom I love) but unlike with Lana, Taylor’s brooding, down tempo, more mellow material (to me) feels inauthentic and credibility chasing. For me Taylor simply doesn’t have the depth to pull that side of music off with consistency.

I suspect that if I had grown up with Taylor, my experience of her music may feel quite different.

Edited by Dante Silva

Fearless era

Reputa

Midnights. Before I was just a casual listener of the singles/fan favourites. But Midnights is my vibe and made a fan.

10 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

I got in to her after “Love Story” smashed and bought the deluxe re-pack of “Fearless”. I stayed on board as a casual and physically bought every album up to and including “Lover”.  I only really enjoyed “Fearless”, “Red” and “1989”.

“Speak Now” and “Reputation” were lows for me but I still remained on board throughout those eras. Despite owning a copy of “Lover”, for me it ultimately proved to be one dip too many in her discography and it remains the last Taylor album I physically bought.  No album she has released since has won me back round but I did enjoy the track “Karma”.  

At this point there is too much baggage surrounding her and its become alienating. I don’t relate to her anymore. Until such time she pivots back round to an album of mainstream pop, I don’t see myself being interested or engaged with her music again.

Some of Taylor’s newer material appears influenced by Lana (whom I love) but unlike with Lana, Taylor’s brooding, down tempo, more mellow material (to me) feels inauthentic and credibility chasing. For me Taylor simply doesn’t have the depth to pull that side of music off with consistency.

I suspect that if I had grown up with Taylor, my experience of her music may feel quite different.

Excuse Me but how old are you?

You Like her since 2008/09 that's a lot. You basically Grow Up with her. I can Unserstand if you grew out her Songs but it makes Not much sense. 

I am from Europe and first heard of her through Kanye drama. I checked her out and become a fan. Was a massive fan red-evermore era. She kinda lost me with bad quality of Midnights after 2 amazing albums. Will check out new album, but I am not expecting much

I enjoyed debut when it came out, but I became OBSESSED during Fearless. 

I became a fan towards the end of the Fearless era…

Whilst I loved Speak Now; I didn’t really connect with Red when it dropped (I’ve obviously seen the light since) so I kinda tuned out for a minute whilst Katy/Gaga/Rihanna were dominating the airwaves…

Then came 1989, I hated SIO from first listen so I really thought our gal had lost the plot entirely… but then I heard Out of The Woods and suddenly I renewed my stan card.

And whew, I was not ready for that juggernaut of an album. I listened to the leak after me and sister came home from Art Rave and I was floored - couldn’t believe she created such an incredible pop album.

So in short… kinda Fearless/Speak Now but 1989 solidified it.

Edited by Peroxide

Thought Red was cute, but 1989 converted me. Then, she lost me again with Lover. THEN she regained me again with folklore. But then she released midnights… and now I’m an OTH 

Fearless originally, then took a break until 1989, then casually stanned until Folklore, now im a hardcore stan :jonny: 

Since 2008 with Love Story  :gaycat3: I was like 15. Im 31 now

Edited by AvadaKedavra

End of speak now / start of Red 

1989 :gaylorcat2:

It's silly actually, I started to listen to a lot of music in english that my older sister liked and she used to listen to the 1989 singles all the time. I liked the singles a lot so I told my sister I wanted to listen to more songs and she downloaded the entire album for me. 11 year old me was gagged after looking up the lyrics on the internet and reading the translation for "and you can want who you want, boys and boys and girls and girls" during the time I realized I was into boys :celestial2:

reputation. i moved. 

the 1-2-3-4-5-6 punch in the 1st half was not something I expected from a "safe" MPG like taylor. 

• Like 1

Speak Now. It was the first album from Her that I had listened to front to back, the first album I bought first week of release, and first album I bought from her period. 

Was a big fan of the debut and fearless singles, had them on rotation endlessly (illegal downloads :suburban:), but somehow never listened to the full albums. Until speak now came about. It was game over ever since :clap3:

Red / 1989 pretty much, but i loved love story when it came out as well 

On 3/17/2024 at 3:16 PM, tjspy said:

Midnights. Before I was just a casual listener of the singles/fan favourites. But Midnights is my vibe and made a fan.

Same. I always thought for some reason that all her singles were the best songs off her albums and only listened to them, I was like that with every artist I listened to. I never listened to their album in full whereas now I don't even want to listen to singles. I like how her last few albums had no singles preceding and would jump right into them fresh.

But Midnights was a game-changer. I love the sound. I feel like this album was specifically made for me and I instantly connected with it.

Edited by CuriousDolphin

reputation... but really obsessed with midnights and 1989 vault tracks

I started to like some of her music with Speak Now, but then she lost me until Lover.

Lover and Evermore were the albums that made me a fan... and then the Midnights era, the 1975 situation, and the constant oversatution pushed me right back out the door. I still have my physicals, but I never take them off the shelf, and I don't think I will for a while.

Edited by The7thStranger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.