Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

11 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

girl is trying to boost her sales the next week :duck: fight queen!!

If it's 2 more versions of Radical Optimism…. :zzz:

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

is Glasto a thing?  Is it really that big? bigger than Coachella? 

It doesnt have a major impact on charts. It's more like a status symbol and a good thing for her career overall of course but its probably not going to increase her sales that week THAT dramatically.

Coachella is a lot more impactful but she is british so glastonbury is their equivalent to that tbh and deff a huge goal for her I guess

19 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

The girl is putting a lot of effort for that week, the physical copies of Illusion will be sent that week and I guess the Blood Records vinyls too. :duck:

Yes it is big.

When it comes to crowd they are almost the same. Playing the diamond stage and headline Glastonbury is big prestige for an artist.

Edited by mike_int

21 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

It's DL1 and FN…

38 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

The girl is putting a lot of effort for that week, the physical copies of Illusion will be sent that week and I guess the Blood Records vinyls too. :duck:

It's more of a prestige thing, but Coachella has definitely been bigger online for the last decade obviously 

However Glasto has some legendary sets like Beyoncé's in 2011

34 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

Should be two different albums, so maybe DL1 and FN (or FN and RO) .... but if it is again zoetrope vinyl Over It Eye Roll GIF by Friends

Just now, Cain said:

It's more of a prestige thing, but Coachella has definitely been bigger online for the last decade obviously 

However Glasto has some legendary sets like Beyoncé's in 2011

Glastonbury is for those who love music and real festival atmosphere, it is huge, has lot of stages, lot of places to hide (haha), you can actually drink as much you want and everywhere (not like in Coachella) and it is not about looking pretty in your glittery outfit and making IG posts but to actually enjoy the real festival vibe.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

It's DL1 and FN…

Better be the complete edition of DL1. If not then nobody moved. 

50 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

Huge. 

About 175k festival goers, big majority of that will be viewing the headline acts. It's live on the BBC across the U.K loads of replay value on YT.

In terms of prestige for U.K. gigs it's number 1. Essentially, you are being accepted into the pantheon at that point as musical royalty, national treasure etc etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vermouth said:

Huge. 

About 175k festival goers, big majority of that will be viewing the headline acts. It's live on the BBC across the U.K loads of replay value on YT.

In terms of prestige for U.K. gigs it's number 1. Essentially, you are being accepted into the pantheon at that point as musical royalty, national treasure etc etc. 

Last year 210k people attended Glasto

6 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Last year 210k people attended Glasto

So it's even bigger than I thought (!)

2 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

It says it's a reissue which makes me think it's the two RO zoetropes again as they didn't do her first two albums. 

That being said I'd love to be wrong. 

EDIT: I WAS WRONG 

Edited by watermelonshake

6 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Another boring zoetrope vinyls, not even full tracklist of the albums, wasted opportunity.

but if somebody is interested:

https://blood-records.co.uk/products/dualipa?_pos=1&_sid=f21cd1bc7&_ss=r
https://blood-records.co.uk/products/futurenostalgia?_pos=2&_sid=893084988&_ss=rScreenshot 2024-06-19 at 10.00.09.png

I bought Future Nostalgia, all I can find for reasonable prices at this point is the standard black so I'm happy to have something different and I don't have any zoetropes so it's a novelty. 

• Like 1

Reading her interviews this era, I feel like maybe she wasn't aiming for another bombshell success with Radical Optimism. Unfortunately, I don't know what she is trying to achieve. :rip:  I know it's getting annoying seeing all these think pieces this era from Loves, but it's clear that this is a transition era of sorts...so there's a lot of uncertainty among the fanbase.

She did say she has tricks up her sleeve and she watches everything to see what she can improve on. So let's see how she course corrects from this.

However I really can't defend her if "Falling Forever" is the next single :psyduck: I will happily eat my words if it becomes a hit

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

Another boring zoetrope vinyls, not even full tracklist of the albums, wasted opportunity.

but if somebody is interested:

https://blood-records.co.uk/products/dualipa?_pos=1&_sid=f21cd1bc7&_ss=r
https://blood-records.co.uk/products/futurenostalgia?_pos=2&_sid=893084988&_ss=rScreenshot 2024-06-19 at 10.00.09.png

Girl, go boost the sales of the album that actually needs it.

Finding Nemo Hello GIF

1 hour ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Reading her interviews this era, I feel like maybe she wasn't aiming for another bombshell success with Radical Optimism. Unfortunately, I don't know what she is trying to achieve. :rip:  I know it's getting annoying seeing all these think pieces this era from Loves, but it's clear that this is a transition era of sorts...so there's a lot of uncertainty among the fanbase.

She did say she has tricks up her sleeve and she watches everything to see what she can improve on. So let's see how she course corrects from this.

However I really can't defend her if "Falling Forever" is the next single :psyduck: I will happily eat my words if it becomes a hit

I'm starting to believe she legit ONLY made RO because she thought it'd be a nice record to perform live at Glastonbury and only at Glastonbury or something lol...the whole era feels like its centered around that performance which is cool but kinda isn't a good concept imo. 

• Like 1

Idk Radical Optimism would work as a laid back, subdued 4th record but after a huge era like FN, she should've explored more Loose 2000s pop. Taking minimalistic approach after FN didn't make sense….

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Migs said:

Girl, go boost the sales of the album that actually needs it.

Gurl I bought curacao and alternative cover LPs

I aint no need no more LOL

Real Housewives Television GIF

• Haha 1

So it was not Dua in a studio with that spanish singer (thankfully)

GQY9-f-YWQAEqi5-C.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mike_int said:

GQY9-f-YWQAEqi5-C.jpg

that girls smile kinda looks like Dua's :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

that girls smile kinda looks like Dua's :lmao: 

girl GIF

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, mike_int said:

GQY9-f-YWQAEqi5-C.jpg

we lost

1074434296225464342.gif?size=240&quality

Idc what the haters say I ASCENDED listening to this

@Khamis Dua will always be famous!

• Like 4

RO is certified Gold in Canada :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.