Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

She always flops on Sundays…

And Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays... Chill out guys!

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

ella ✿ (@fallingforevaa)

Is this BLACKPINK

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Well… :suburban:

Honestly I'll be perched for DL4 because it'll either be as bad as this era is or better. When you're at the bottom, there's nowhere to go but up!

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Well… :suburban:

Honestly I'll be perched for DL4 because it'll either be as bad as this era is or better. When you're at the bottom, there's nowhere to go but up!

She should focus on the tour, pull a Beyonce and go into the Studio for 2 weeks and record DL4 (Bey during Bday era), and release it right after the concerts or even tease/perform the new song at the last show

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This album is such a smash streamwise!

1.2B + Cold Heart + Sweetest Pie + Potion + Dance The Night + her Meant To Be with the country singer

Her Radically Optimistic vision

Tack them hits, queen

:ryan3:

Edited by tjspy
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, halcyonday said:

It's not too late to serve this disco sound and black hair for the comeback album :eli:

b079e1b9ebfcbd5fb565b064a539ab9e.jpgdua-lipa-thatgrapejuice-levitating-20th-week-hot-100-top-10.jpg

My avi's brand :jonny5:

I'd be here for her going back to Disco if it makes the GP happy ngl :gayalipacat3:

4 hours ago, TayDuaStan said:

If i were her, i would do the festival run she has currently booked and then dip. No public appearance, no ig posts, nothing. Get back in the studio and work with pop producers known for hits like idk Max Martin, Oscar Holter, Oscar Gorres, Calvin Harris, Greg Kurstin. Maybe even get a Jack Antonoff session in there (i know this base hates him but you can't deny his award track record - he has been the Grammys Producer of the Year for like 3 times + Dua, I think, knows him based on the fact that he appeared in her 2018 GQ interview). And do a full high quality pop project with 0 skips and drop it early next year with 0 pre released singles. :michael:

Honestly this seems like a good course of action for Dua/her team/Warner to take :coffee2:

They're clearly not moving on anything else this era given that it's already 2 weeks since the album with no sign of further promo or singles. Idk why they're just sitting duck and not moving on the clear opportunity to push a Watchu Doing remix with Abel or Doja :biblionny:

• Like 1

She should have fun with this festivals and small performances she booked and come back after summer with an uber smash 

This is her Happier Than Ever (minus the acclaim and Top 10s and longevity and surprise hit that got released after the album and the internet talking about her)

Let's just focus on making her HMHAS

spacer.png

• Thumbs Down 1

The singles and the cat user in here be like

anime-girl.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

She should focus on the tour, pull a Beyonce and go into the Studio for 2 weeks and record DL4 (Bey during Bday era), and release it right after the concerts or even tease/perform the new song at the last show

Dua definitely seems to be mimicking a more Beyoncé-like career shift right now

• Haha 7

The WAYYY I want her to drop the gay-pandering pop for a hot minute while she's still Warner's flagship girlie, and serve a broad appeal jazz/ballad/soul album (in the style of Amy/early Lilly allen/Adele 19), she might score BIG TIME

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Dua definitely seems to be mimicking a more Beyoncé-like career shift right now

Without the 25+ years of success I suppose 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Or try a 180 move and fill the gap that Adele left and do a soul-jazz-pop record. She has the voice. There is demand for that genre. She only needs to book some sessions with Greg Kurstin asap. I would be here for that :cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Like 1

Houudini (extended edit) is the best piece of music she ever did. I just wish she promoted this era more, and didn't tell everyone this was a psychadelia/rave album. She could have just said this was a summerish album with a different sound with influences from Kevin Parker and Tame Impala. Although I think she should have released this during the weird phase of random ass droplets (Sweetest Pie and Potion). I still love the album (9/10 for me, would be if it was longer and Anything For Love would be an actual song), but can't lie I'm baffled from the poor critical and commercial performance of this. Do we think this era still can have any type of salvation?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

"told ya"

ginny-and-georgia-peace.gif

Girl, you just posted a tweet from a random account that posts fake news every 20 minutes. :duck:

Edited by Papi Juancho

My one fear is that Warner doesnt give it their all to rectify what has happened this era for DL4....we see that they kind of dropped the ball the minute they saw the era was going to underperform so I wonder if they will put a lot of strategy, money and effort to almost essentially build her back up again...it took SO MUCH DAMN HARD WORK during DL2 to build her up to MPG status and now she's at a space where she is doing worse than her debut era figures wise....at least she built a fan base now based on those first week numbers but wow is this ever a colossal underperformance... She was / still is Warners flagship main pop girl so I hope they dont just give up on her. She can still make them millions and they worked hard on helping build the Dua Lipa brand..I'm hoping they see that there is still so much they can do for her for DL4

1 hour ago, theoghon said:

The WAYYY I want her to drop the gay-pandering pop for a hot minute while she's still Warner's flagship girlie, and serve a broad appeal jazz/ballad/soul album (in the style of Amy/early Lilly allen/Adele 19), she might score BIG TIME

This would be incredible:jonny5: her voice fits that production so well

On 5/19/2024 at 7:49 AM, Vermouth said:

I wouldn't worry: given her deep seated and till now well hidden love of country music, which the north London of her childhood was absolutely steeped in (I mean, you can't walk down Camden High St without hearing hundreds of twanging fiddles wafting out of every pub), I'd guess that having done a tour of Dollywood, she's currently in deepest Appalachia sipping moonshine and learning the banjo for DL4. 😁😉

giphy.gif

she has arrived

:WAP:

• Like 6

"Radical Optimism" is a good album but yal so concerned about numbers. :thing:

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

My one fear is that Warner doesnt give it their all to rectify what has happened this era for DL4....we see that they kind of dropped the ball the minute they saw the era was going to underperform so I wonder if they will put a lot of strategy, money and effort to almost essentially build her back up again...it took SO MUCH DAMN HARD WORK during DL2 to build her up to MPG status and now she's at a space where she is doing worse than her debut era figures wise....at least she built a fan base now based on those first week numbers but wow is this ever a colossal underperformance... She was / still is Warners flagship main pop girl so I hope they dont just give up on her. She can still make them millions and they worked hard on helping build the Dua Lipa brand..I'm hoping they see that there is still so much they can do for her for DL4

I agree with you . I guess they thought she was established enough this era to sell on her name alone. We'll see i guess what Warner does

• Like 1

My problem with short albums is that only one mid or bad song, downgrades the whole album. In RO case those songs are These Walls and Happy For You.

French Exit and End of an Era are not good enough to fight against those duds.

That being said, Training Season remains being her best song ever and the aesthetic for Illusion is fantastic.

They really aren't giving up on this song just because of that high budget mv, which they should've have had for TS or literally any other song….

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.