Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

These Walls is the potential hit of the era to y'all? It's kinda the worst song to me :deadbanana:

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

these walls :zzz:

end of an era, whatcha doing and maria >

• Thanks 1

Just now, scottstreet said:

@popmusic bestie can you confirm or deny this??

Extremely stable which is a very good sign

at least we'll have a 1B song with Houdini when it's all said and done. not every album has that 

spacer.png

also starting to like These Walls... maybe it's not a bad song after all :jonnycat:

4 minutes ago, Simple said:

Which one of you Peeps is running this account?

This mental gymnastics when the all time record was broken by 2x by a similar pop girl just two weeks ago :bibliahh:

Not me declaring These Walls as my instant favorite on my first couple of listens yesterday that should be the obvious 4th single, and its the non-single with the highest streams immediately.

My taste coming through

4AcT.gif

What's up with These Walls raves?

Maria is literally right there...

• Like 1

Just now, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

Not me declaring These Walls as my instant favorite on my first couple of listens yesterday, and its the non-single with the highest streams immediately.

My taste coming through

4AcT.gif

It got the most playlisting by far

spacer.png

Payola and first song on the album curve aside, Whatcha Doing is the smasha just like I said

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

Isn't this the only U.S performance she has planned for release week? Her team really messed up by depending on her name to sell the era , leaving her management was the worst idea :rip:

She is not longer a New Artist… she won't be at all shows like Tate or Sabrina

She did fine by performing at award shows & SNL take it the next level

Dua biggest mistake was not promoting Houdini last year… it could had been bigger than already is last year she could easily book an award show 

7 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

These Walls is the only potential Megahit on the album that can also smash in the US. Illusion will never work in the US

Be careful Illusion could en up being a moderate hit at the US 

These Walls is not my top choice for a single… the US did not support Love Again, they should be more risky & release Falling Forever 

2 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

This mental gymnastics when the all time record was broken by 2x by a similar pop girl just two weeks ago :bibliahh:

Those "atrl insiders" are probably the same ones saying a Katy collab is coming 

will those insiders reveal themselves? the hot dua fans on twitter trust them too much I fear 

4AcT.gif

• Haha 2

The way we couldn't agree on a next single for FN and RO, but for entirely different reasons… whew. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Kevin Parker throwing obnoxious chuch bells on every 2nd part of a chorus when he doesn't know which instruments to add because he can't produce pop music for his life

4AcT.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

These Walls is the potential hit of the era to y'all? It's kinda the worst song to me :deadbanana:

Same. Also, I think the type of song could do ok in Europe but I don't see it doing numbers in the US.

Just now, Post Malone said:

Kevin Parker throwing obnoxious chuch bells on every 2nd part of a chorus when he doesn't know which instruments to add because he can't produce pop music for his life

4AcT.gif

Currents was literally the best pop album of 2015, let's not.

3 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

She is not longer a New Artist… she won't be at all shows like Tate or Sabrina

She did fine by performing at award shows & SNL take it the next level

Dua biggest mistake was not promoting Houdini last year… it could had been bigger than already is last year she could easily book an award show 

Be careful Illusion could en up being a moderate hit at the US 

These Walls is not my top choice for a single… the US did not support Love Again, they should be more risky & release Falling Forever 

These Walls is in the same wheel house like Arianas We Cant Be Friends, and that was a hit in the US

Just now, Danes said:

Currents was literally the best pop album of 2015, let's not.

So a decade ago?

4AcT.gif

as a stan of multiple flops idgaf about the charts and sales but if this discourages her from keep doing her art I'm gonna be devastated :cries:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Post Malone said:

So a decade ago?

4AcT.gif

And what about it?

Omg I think Falling Forever is finally growing on me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Call me crazy but I think the correct 3 singles would have been:

1.) Maria lead single (Houdini is the best song on the album but they need to save that in the arsenal and show there is a clearly different direction than FN. I also think it has the most compelling lyrics of all the songs on this album)

2.) Whatcha Doing second single

3.) Houdini single release with the album 

Tanking Season and IlLOSER should have remained gifts for the fans as album tracks 

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 7

I Luv how everyone just hates Training Season in unison, it's giving world peace

4AcT.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

These Walls is in the same wheel house like Arianas We Cant Be Friends, and that was a hit in the US

The US LOVES midtempo "chill" late summery breakup songs. 

4AcT.gif

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

4AcT.gif

I don't think it's Kevin who added the church bells.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Post Malone said:

I Luv how everyone just hates Training Season in unison, it's giving world peace

4AcT.gif

People hate it cause it flopped, if it was an album track people would be stanning

• Like 3

Just now, Just a Gay on ATRL said:

The US LOVES midtempo "chill" late summery breakup songs. 

4AcT.gif

These Walls SAVE the era

spacer.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.