Ramadan begins today, are you participating?

wowsignal14

Ramadan, the holy month for muslims where they fast from food, water and sex from dawn until sunset begins today.

to the people that partake in it, do you actually find it beneficial for your health? or is it the opposite? what are some traditions that you have in the month in your culture?

and to people who never tried doing it, have you ever thought of doing it as a challenge (one or few days)

i myself tried it before and didn't find it to be that hard but i imagine that doing it every day for a month must be difficult.

• Like 3

i'd rather not but i have to appear muslim to my family so yes i'll participate against my will :coffee2:

but it's fine it's one of the only good things about islam, the vibes and the food are great

I didn’t do it for so many years but today i decided to do it :rip: 

my family is hyper religious which pushed me away from it i believe. Now that i’m very far away from them and never see them i was like “ramadan is coming let me fast” :rip: 

i dont even know why but i’m enjoying it so far. 

+ being gay and fasting in the same time makes me feel weird but i’m telling myself that believing in god and believing in muslims are different things. I don’t believe in THEM i believe in HIM :cm:

• Like 3

I normally don’t, but I want to this year . 

I want to look snatched a bit for a month, so I have to participate just for that :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I will! Honestly I do not find anything beneficial for my health even the fasting part since we are gonna stuff ourselves with food at sunset anyways

No 

Yes and I try to refrain from everything I’m not supposed to be doing and I try to do more of what I’m supposed to do. I use this month as a time of healing, repurposing, goal setting, etc.

• Like 1

I know this is some of y'all:

Yes and this year I will be especially thinking of our Gazans without food or water daily right now :(.  It makes me sad to see all the decadent Iftaar meals when there’s literally Muslims starving right now 

• Like 9

No that's corny. I belive in big bang theory not religions. It's 2024

Edited by Tudors
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

not the faithful gays in this thread nnnnnn

OT: of course not :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

no because I left this evil cult a long time ago and it has been the best decision of my life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No we're in the middle of Lent :heart2:

• Like 5

torturedpoet
4 hours ago, wowsignal14 said:

and sex

No

4 hours ago, Phantom said:

I know this is some of y'all:

Help I just clocked that he's a youth pastor. When I saw this last year I just assumed they were boyfriends :rip:

OT: No but shout out to all of you that are :heart2:

Not Muslim, but this one supermarket chain is having discounts for Ramadan so I'm gonna snatch some dates cause otherwise they're too expensive 

:suburban:

Edited by Pendulum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No. It does more harm than good and is often for self righteous purposes.

With that being said, the gays who are fasting need to LOG OUT of ATRL and stop streaming your pop girlies until next month :mandown:

i've been fasting for 20 hours a day for months now, this is nothing

:suburban:

no but i'm participating in enjoying the sweets:suburban:

2 days of fasting. Second day and my stomach is already smaller. I mean i couldn’t finish my salad today. 

a bad bich came to me today and she was into some haram sht and wanted to gossip. I couldn’t believe in myself because I DID NOT WANT TO LISTEN AND TO RESPOND. Wow. I’m becoming a nicer person i love that for myself. 

i didnt think about taylor swift today too so thats a win too :clap3: 

the demon though he is working on me. He just told me yesterday not to fast because i’m gay. He also made me believe (for a second) that i’m not ramadaning but doing it to loose my belly fat. Wth? :rip: 

• Haha 2

What's the point of fasting? For an imaginary God? :rip:

19 hours ago, Weld_E said:

No. It does more harm than good and is often for self righteous purposes.

With that being said, the gays who are fasting need to LOG OUT of ATRL and stop streaming your pop girlies until next month :mandown:

Why so judgemental? Ramadan is for self righteous purposes? Ramadan is literally a month based around being giving and self-less. Genuine question as to how that is self righteous? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DeadInside said:

What's the point of fasting? For an imaginary God? :rip:

Fasting is more to discipline yourself and learning that you can do without things you are actually craving for. I feel super energetic since i’m fasting and i’m eating WAY less. 

i had a problem with sugar but now since i’m fasting for 2 days idec about sugar. Not even coffee. I really don’t care.

It made me realise i’m super dramatic about the things i want and crave for. I can do without it which made me feel so powerful and healthy :alexz3:

Is it really a fast if you can just eat as much as you want when the sun goes down? :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.