Is there a single text that ruined/ended a relationship for you?

BrentB

Have you ever sent, or were given, one single text that ended, or devastated, a relationship for you? How did it go?

I don't have much any relationship-ending texts, but I did have a former roommate (thank goodness he's gone :toofunny2:) who it seemed everything went to HELL all because I texted him asking him to pull his weight more in the house regarding chores. The complete 180 that occured vibe-wise the next day. :rip:

Well, the first one was: I only have leeches for friends, without thinking that this person will get so offended by that. :gaycat6:

Second, I was joking with a friend about her not being employed: You can do onlyfans, all the boys from town know you. It was a silly joke that ended with blocking. :fan:

The last thing I can think of was a friend from high school: I saw his girlfriend cheating on him and I texted him the location. Their relationship was in the past after 15 minutes but then the boy told me that I was not a real friend to him, because friends don't say such things. :deadbanana:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, XxxKatyCatxxX said:

Well, the first one was: I only have leeches for friends, without thinking that this person will get so offended by that. :gaycat6:

Second, I was joking with a friend about her not being employed: You can do onlyfans, all the boys from town know you. It was a silly joke that ended with blocking. :fan:

The last thing I can think of was a friend from high school: I saw his girlfriend cheating on him and I texted him the location. Their relationship was in the past after 15 minutes but then the boy told me that I was not a real friend to him, because friends don't say such things. :deadbanana:

You’re a real friend, but the second part was being maybe a little too insensitive :toofunny3: 

• Haha 1

Wasn’t official boyfriends, but this guy i was talking to in high school we went through the mutuals -> friends -> secret lovers pipeline in the span of a year. Senior year was the deterioration, with him ending it through text with me(i wanted to work it out, but he wasn’t ready to be out/comfortable in public with me) on the week of me going to his prom. Wasted my time and like 200 dollars :deadbanana4:

Such a shame, since he helped me realize that my love and time is valuable and he made me feel whole

Edited by fememeist
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, fememeist said:

You’re a real friend, but the second part was being maybe a little too insensitive :toofunny3: 

We were joking around with her, after all she have on her back tattooed: I'm not a s**t, I just love love. Maybe I got her on her bad day, who knows. :cm:

Edited by XxxKatyCatxxX
  • Haha 1

His snapchat ‘conversation’ with some rando to set up a sexdate

Yes, we got in a fight and technically he was the one who cut me off. I was sad about it for a long time and missed him, but now I realize how much better off I am without him. It didn't matter what I said, he'd take it the wrong way and I'd be thinking "No? That isn't what I said at all." All the time he'd twist my words to make me seem like an awful person and all he brought to my life was pointless drama. A complete psycho. 

Yes. This actually happened very recently. So this is very timely. Not a single text, but a single conversation.

Had a friend I was texting almost everyday for 8 years. He moved away years ago but we still talked a lot. A conversation came up about people dying in their late 50s/early 60s. When I remarked how sad it was when people die that young, he went on this whole defensive point about how dying at that age is "not young and they lived a full life and he won't be convinced otherwise". I responded how I'd recently dealt with a relative dying at 59 and it was incredibly sad and she had died way too soon and not lived a full life, he doubled down on his point and got even more weird with me about the subject matter. I later told him it upset me how cold and insensitive he was about the subject matter considering it was something I'd dealt with not too long ago and he maybe should've backed off instead of making such a controversial point in that particular moment. He didn't give a ****. I never got an apology or even an acknowledgment from him that he was mean to me in that conversation. 

It told me everything I needed to know then and there that he didn't actually give a **** about my feelings. The fact that he felt more strongly about defending his opinion than caring about how his "friend" shared a personal experience with him rubbed me the wrong way to the point I decided I don't really want to speak with him again. I would never be anything but super supportive of a friend who was telling me something about someone they knew very closely dying. The fact that he didn't care about that is honestly insane to me.

Not getting into details because it was kinda traumatic but it was an email to my student email because he blocked me on social media first :suburban: It was all formal and that 

yes, he described how he would put his fingers inside of my ass, then take them out and lick them. I didn't expect that from an Adele Stan and quickly blocked him everywhere, I was 16

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.