- Midnight curfew, DUI checkpoints

- Several beaches now close at 6 pm
- Parking garage fees tripled to $100/day
- Towing charges doubled to $500
- All rentals of scooters, mopeds, golf carts suspended
- AirBnB and VRBO rentals suspended
- No sidewalk dining on Ocean Drive

- Security checkpoints at several beach entrances

- Coolers, inflatable devices, tents, tables and similar objects now banned on the beach.

- Amplified music without a city-issued permit will also be restricted

- As a reminder, alcohol and cigarette smoking are always prohibited on our beaches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yikes, they will regret this

Edited by shyboi
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

i feel like the only people who were bothered by spring breakers were republicans & boomers from outside of miami, watching the clips from the media

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Regardless, I don’t think its good for any city to have tourists come and wreck havoc on your city for a week and then go back to their small town USA :giraffe:

• Like 3

What are the chances that this blows up in their face?

:ryan3:

5 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

What are the chances that this blows up in their face?

:ryan3:

Very high but Ron likes ******* over his own state so…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

Very high but Ron likes ******* over his own state so…

To be fair, the majority of these changes were instituted by the City Council. 

Ron is bringing down a lot more state troopers which is his own action, but…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

i feel like the only people who were bothered by spring breakers were republicans & boomers from outside of miami, watching the clips from the media

are you in miami?

Miami doesn’t need the money tbh

DeSantis is a repugnant POS, but let’s not pretend like people don’t act like barbaric savages nowadays when they’re drunk and in public 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shyboi said:

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

Lmao. People have been asking for this for YEARS. Y'all don't understand unless you've lived in Miami, Spring Break becomes absolute anarchy because people want to act like animals and make it hell for everyone else. They spend more money cleaning up their messes and they will lose far more money doing that than they will for imposing these strict rules. Miami is a year round tourist hot spot, this won't affect a thing. 

• Like 4

Cameltoe Chariot

My whole life spring break has been this ultra american party that no one I know has ever experienced or wanted to participate in lol

In Canada spring break means a week off school to rot on your couch and day drink :bird:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 305 said:

Lmao. People have been asking for this for YEARS. Y'all don't understand unless you've lived in Miami, Spring Break becomes absolute anarchy because people want to act like animals and make it hell for everyone else. They spend more money cleaning up their messes and they will lose far more money doing that than they will for imposing these strict rules. Miami is a year round tourist hot spot, this won't affect a thing. 

I've been a Miami spring breaker ho, and it just gets a little messy like other places during SB

people just hate fun

good luck booking that peaceful utopia, they have way bigger problems than that, plus, the beach is disappearing anyways

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

I've been a Miami spring breaker ho, and it just gets a little messy like other places during SB

people just hate fun

good luck booking that peaceful utopia, they have way bigger problems than that, plus, the beach is disappearing anyways

No. There's no comparison. "People just hate fun" or maybe people hate destruction of property, shootings, violence, animalistic behavior, etc. Just because you have no morals doesn't mean residents and families have to put up with it. Stay in your city where you can behave the way you do 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, 305 said:

Just because you have no morals doesn't mean residents and families have to put up with it. Stay in your city where you can behave the way you do 

Kamala Harris Waiting GIF by Election 2020

excuse me sis? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

No its a mess for everyone

What will Kim Petras do now? 

Tbh this is overkill but I don’t disagree with the effort.  Most of these people are not even of legal age to be drinking and are also doing illegal substances in public during all hours of the day and night.  Locals hate these people and violence and crime significantly spike during spring break.  

Edited by Archetype

I might actually go visit Miami Beach now. Everyone complaining probably doesn't understand how wild and ratchet Miami Beach gets during spring break  :dies:  Last year police recovered 80 illegal guns in one night :rip: 

7 hours ago, shyboi said:

We won't though. Ft Lauderdale used to be like this years and years ago and now it isn't thanks to similar campaigns and residents having enough of tourists destroying the beach and all the public freakouts.

8 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

I live here and personally I’m so happy they are being aggressive now against bad tourists.

@Walk_Away21 @Reverse Warholian

Air BNB can get ******. Loving this concept.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 305 said:

No. There's no comparison. "People just hate fun" or maybe people hate destruction of property, shootings, violence, animalistic behavior, etc. Just because you have no morals doesn't mean residents and families have to put up with it. Stay in your city where you can behave the way you do 

Gag her! These girls love to hate on Florida but are the first ones RUNNING to vacation there and wreak havoc lmao.

• Haha 2

Good!! These people come to destination towns, have no regard for their surroundings or the people around them that live in the area, and once they’ve caused a week’s worth of damage they go back to being a nuisance in their hometown. 

Call me a boomer, but the current generation partaking in spring break like this have next to no morals and are destructive. When I was in college yeah it got a little wild, and I’m all for having a good time, but this isn’t the same spring breakers of the 2010’s

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.