Humiliation for the Jonas Brothers as ticket prices are slashed from $250 to $80

Seahorse

Humiliation for the Jonas Brothers as ticket prices are slashed from $250 to $80 after shows fail to sell-out - and some are given away for FREE

spacer.png

Jonas Brothers fans have been left fuming after ticket prices to their Sydney concerts were slashed and some even given away for free.

Joe, Nick and Kevin Jonas kicked off their tour on Friday, playing two shows at Qudos Bank Arena.

The trio announced the tour in July with ticket prices ranging from $79.90-987.85.

After some tickets failed to sell, some fans claimed passes to their Sydney gigs were given away for free moments before the American brothers took to the stage. 

TikTok user and lifelong Jonas Brothers fan Nat McLennan claimed tickets worth $250 were being sold for as low as $80 over the weekend.

'My ticket that I bought for like $200-250, general admission standing, is now like $80,' she said. 

'All these tickets have gone on sale, some were even free 10 minutes before the show last night.' 

Meanwhile, TikToker Annabelle Ryan uploaded a video of the $0.00 complimentary offer for general admission standing tickets. 

Annabelle captioned her clip 'the Jonas Brothers Aus shows selling so little that they're givin em out for free..it's bad for them I fear,'.

The brothers will play a show in Brisbane on Tuesday before taking the tour to Melbourne, where they will play back-to-back shows at Rod Laver Arena. 

The trio were slated to tour the country in 2020, but Covid ruined their plans.

The brothers flew in from New Zealand last week where they played to a full house at Spark Arena in Auckland on Tuesday night. 

The former Disney stars were greeted by a flock of fans, and all three brothers were happy to stop and pose for photographs and sign autographs on arrival.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13153157/Humiliation-Jonas-Brothers-ticket-prices-slashed-250-80-shows-fail-sell-passes-given-away-FREE.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sexyzinger

• Popboi.

• Tropical

• jrd30121994

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s nice of them to give unsold tickets for free. They are going to perform anyways, and maybe they will earn something from merchandise.  

• Like 14

have you seen them playing live? they look absolutely miserable this time around :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

Supply and demand. Are you sad? Awww. 

• Thumbs Down 2

Who cares. Give me some free tickets. 

Dailymail really making articles like this :deadbanana4:

$80 for concert tickets is still a lot :deadbanana4: especially for Jonas Bros of all people.how is that humiliating? They still making bank 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Yeah I’m spewing tbh. Paid $250 when they went on sale only to see the same tickets on sale for $100 less.

1 hour ago, Sexyzinger said:

Supply and demand. Are you sad? Awww. 

Not with this avi 

• Haha 10

Are we surprised? 

Imagine being a stan and revealing something this embarrassing about your fav :rip:

i guess I'm too loyal :suburban:

Did they even promote the tour while there?  :huh:

I'm still kind of shocked at how they managed to smash that hard in 2019-2021,

Anyway... they're back to flopping now though they still should have more demand considering they have the nostalgia factor.

• Thumbs Down 1

Dude...$80 sounds amazing ngl. (Avril had tickets that were cheaper though)

He can flop all he wants, but I would still do unimaginable things to Joe

• Like 6

I remember the days when $80 for a concert ticket was considered mid range price. Is it really humiliatingly cheap? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wish I could be humiliated by making millions per night. 

• Thanks 3

At those prices, they should offer handies and more. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Prior to covid, almost every artist did that for some dates. Even for Taylor’s record breaking rep tour she gave away tickets in Ireland and Santa Clara. 

Now if they are doing that for every date then that’s notable.

• Like 2

This ain’t nothin new or exclusive to JB

It’s Ticketmaster and their scammy ticket selling practices. When tickets first go on sale and demand is highest, they gauge fans with sky high prices, then closer to the concert they open up all the seats still available and sell it for cheap so the show can be “sold out” and in this case, have them out for free. 

On the bright side, it does discourage scalpers, but overall it still screws over real fans cause TM becomes the scalpers themselves 

General prices should be lowered. They're getting ridiculous, they're still okayish in Europe, but as of today I'm paying more money for italian artists (certainly not legends) compared to what I paid when I went to see Ariana and Dua's shows, which is insane.

• Confused 1

$250 to see Jonas Brothers ???

We'll let themselves figure out why that won't be happening. 

• Confused 1

yikes, but what were they expecting with these prices :alexz2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.