Top Posters In This Topic

• Archetype

• Raptus

• DawnAnti

• She-Rah

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Gaga is over. Stefani (self-titled) is coming :WAP:

• Like 4

She's so annoying :toofunny3: But it's nothing new, she started this "Gaga is dead" narrative with Joanne 10 years ago  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

She clearly means in the past [of my] career...like how far I've come in my past

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

« Past career » basically means her first years in the music industry.

OP having issues to understand such a simple sentance :deadbanana2:

• Like 5

Gaga is in many ways a completely different person now, so yea I can understand why she talks as if that was a different career and such.  

She’s in a vastly better place now, mentally, financially, career wise, etc that she probably doesn’t even consider her first years in the music business to be the same as what she’s doing now.  Like, she can finance all of her own work going forward and doesn’t need to answer to anyone else to get her music distributed.  It really is a different “career” when you look at it this way.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It’s a shame she has become so refined. She is the best active musician and MPG under 40 and at her best she offers so much more excitement than Taylor.  It’s so apparent she reigned in her image to play the Hollywood game and reinvent herself as an actress.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, She-Rah said:

The way she sold out and became so uninteresting. They were playing the Alejandro music video at the bar this past weekend and I was like wow, she was fantastic back then. Now she’s so vanilla.

“911” video was fantastic and that was only three years ago or so

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, MatiRod said:

“911” video was fantastic and that was only three years ago or so

I wouldn’t say fantastic, it was an improvement over the monstrosity that the “Stupid Love” video was, but something still feels off about that video. Maybe is the editing, because that’s my favorite recent gaga song and looks.

Edited by She-Rah
  • Like 1

I became a Gaga fan not only because of her eccentricity and fascinating persona but also because of how well she sings and performs live so I guess it's the reason why I'm still a fan of her even though she toned it down.

How does the expression "past career" translate directly to "retirement"? 

She does seem to be playing a different role now, but that's up to her. She has free will as any of us do. 

But she's recording a new album, and has a film coming in October. 

Very far from retirement me thinks. 

Edited by alexrex
  • Like 1

Let’s be honest and real , lady gaga retired after artpop flopped , we only had Stephanie since that time 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

8 minutes ago, DawnAnti said:

Let’s be honest and real , lady gaga retired after artpop flopped , we only had Stephanie since that time 

Chromatica is quintessential Gaga, let’s not.  No one else could have made that album.  The problem is that she went into hibernation immediately after it dropped.

Edited by Archetype
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 5

10 minutes ago, Archetype said:

Chromatica is quintessential Gaga, let’s not.  No one else could have made that album.  The problem is that she went into hibernation immediately after it dropped.

Nah i still didn’t see that lady gaga flame/artistry / creativity in chromatica, she has been hibernating since artpop, think about it for a long minute and you will get what i mean 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

The "old" Gaga died when the creatives and stylists left to do higher paying jobs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

1 hour ago, MotherSuperior said:

The "old" Gaga died when the creatives and stylists left to do higher paying jobs.

We got it, you're pressed.

BoOmKaCk AnD rEdOnE mAdE gAgA!

spacer.png

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

idk I feel like it’s been obvious for a while now that her love of music (or the industry) just isn’t what it used to be. I wouldn’t say she’s over it but I’ve gotten the impression she doesn’t feel as inspired as she used to

Edited by imabadkid

The Big Pharma spokesperson is here to stay 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

Ava Max fans devastated as drag queen shows up instead of her, M&G with  album cover - Celebria - ATRL1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I still can’t believe she transitioned into Liza manelli covers so soon in her music career but movies seem to be working for her:rip:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Archetype said:

Is it that nobody could make a Chromatica, or nobody wants to?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

Lady Gaga died once Stefani was underwhelmed with the performance of Artpop; you could tell she was hurt mentally and emotionally from the underperformance.

Lady Gaga really was fresh with her original team(chereographers, stylists, Red One as her producer, etc...).

Lady Gaga and RedOne were a good music production and songwriting team, but now she chases Oscars.

Edited by Junipero
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I'm surprised she hasn't changed her stage name tbh. But I'll always be here for new Gaga music tho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.