Lady Gaga teasing retirement: “Who I was in my past career”

RIKI232

I mean... :ace::michael:  

At this point she's been GPGaga longer than she was Mother Monster. I'm still checking for her daily, but. Yeah, lots of complicated feelings/thoughts about her career choices. 

• Like 2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archetype

• Raptus

• She-Rah

• fulgadrum

Top Posters In This Topic

She has lost her original charm and spark. Shes a shell of the star she once was.

• Like 5

I don't think she means retirement. She's just in another place mentally and physically, she's born to be in stage but she has other interests right now.

I feel like movie industry excites her only because it's still new and fresh thing for her. But after couple more years she's gonna get frustrated with not getting that acting oscar she craves.

she's been done... after Artpop it was all downhill from there. She got a few cute little moderate hits after the Artflop but nothing substantial or even worth celebrating. Moving on to acting and cosmetics was the right choice for her. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Y’all, she says that she met people within the makeup company that wanted this venture to be as exciting as everything she had done up to that point with her musical career. The things happened in the past - hence the use of the word. She’s not retiring. 

• Like 1

She just lost her coolness and her confidence. Her feelings were crushed with artpop and she got over pop. Maybe that movie of hers will be a gaga moment

Were y'all expecting her to be the same person in her late 30s that she was in her early 20s?

35 minutes ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

Were y'all expecting her to be the same person in her late 30s that she was in her early 20s?

Some of the passion, creativity and drive/connection to her fans that she had early in her career would go a long way right now. She's displayed none of it since ASIB.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I was watching some of her past videos earlier today and wow. She was so fresh, raw, exciting. :gaycat6:

what is this beige LA version of her?

She says nothing remotely close to hinting retirement. Yall slow.

10 hours ago, DawnAnti said:

Nah i still didn’t see that lady gaga flame/artistry / creativity in chromatica, she has been hibernating since artpop, think about it for a long minute and you will get what i mean 

Maybe you are referring to artistic quality or weirdness, but I stand by saying that no one else could have made Chromatica (even if they didn't want to, lol). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Archetype said:

Gaga is in many ways a completely different person now, so yea I can understand why she talks as if that was a different career and such.  

She’s in a vastly better place now, mentally, financially, career wise, etc that she probably doesn’t even consider her first years in the music business to be the same as what she’s doing now.  Like, she can finance all of her own work going forward and doesn’t need to answer to anyone else to get her music distributed.  It really is a different “career” when you look at it this way.

i dont get how this is supposed to be so great when we end up getting little to no commercial output, and even then it's not great.

i get that shilling for Big Corp is really demanding to pop starlets, and they should be held accountable for better working conditions, but like... if it's the label's vision that's giving us the hits and the bops and the bangers where the artist's vision isn't...............gurl I'm conflicted, i might be a fan of the label and not the artist, idk.

3 hours ago, UnanimousBB16 said:

Be so ******* fr right now...

8 minutes ago, fulgadrum said:

i dont get how this is supposed to be so great when we end up getting little to no commercial output, and even then it's not great.

i get that shilling for Big Corp is really demanding to pop starlets, and they should be held accountable for better working conditions, but like... if it's the label's vision that's giving us the hits and the bops and the bangers where the artist's vision isn't...............gurl I'm conflicted, i might be a fan of the label and not the artist, idk.

It’s great for her, which tbh we cannot blame her for changing up her life for the better.

Also Interscope is NOT responsible for Gaga’s hits and past creative direction.  She has always been extremely involved in her vision and creative direction, and she still works with Nicola (the CD who gave us her most iconic work).  Her artistic vision changes as she gets older, it’s fine.  I’d recommend just keeping an open mind and having more patience, as she might not let us into her process anymore, but that doesn’t mean the output won’t be good.

she is so boring and uninteresting. sad. she used to be a star

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archetype said:

It’s great for her, which tbh we cannot blame her for changing up her life for the better.

Also Interscope is NOT responsible for Gaga’s hits and past creative direction.  She has always been extremely involved in her vision and creative direction, and she still works with Nicola (the CD who gave us her most iconic work).  Her artistic vision changes as she gets older, it’s fine.  I’d recommend just keeping an open mind and having more patience, as she might not let us into her process anymore, but that doesn’t mean the output won’t be good.

I appreciate the thought, but it's a repeated pattern with artists. Their earlier output is usually better/greater than deeper into their career. You'd think refinement and experience would heighten the output, not diminish it. Just an observation that seems to overlap with artists acquiring more control/breaking from label expectations/etc.

Good. She hasn’t put out any mildly interesting since her duet eith Xtina on Do what you want

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

OPEN. THE. SCHOOLS!!!! Language comprehension is in the pits these days. :jonny: 

She is speaking in past tense, as in her career in the past. If I say, "I have had multiple pairs of shoes," that does not mean I no longer have multiple pairs of shoes. :deadbanana: 

Gaga is a tricon, quadcon, quintcon... she has had many careers to which she can refer because she is just that versatile.

She is si lame these days, completely lost all the coolness she once had 

I loved chromatica - it wasnt no "fame" album but it was good! 

16 hours ago, She-Rah said:

The way she sold out and became so uninteresting. They were playing the Alejandro music video at the bar this past weekend and I was like wow, she was fantastic back then. Now she’s so vanilla.

Well, it was never actually her. It was a persona she created to become a pop star (and to protect herself). No one can keep that up forever.

• Like 1

I don’t even Stan her but the dramatics in here are so dense :ninja: no body stays the same for ever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.