Shōgun | Hulu/FX historial series | 100% RT | Ratings smash!

Lovett

I'm very surprised there isn't a thread for this already! It looks incredible. :clap3:

Edited by Lovett

Doesn't Hollywood know any other Japanese actor? That guy is in everything. 

Episodes pretty good so far. Already #2 on Hulu :clap3: 

i can not wait, been looking forward to this tonight

Seen the ads

it looks good :jonny6:

ep one was awesome. the way they couldnt help calling each other savages was kinda funny :toofunny2:

white man creator, white man star, based on a white man's book which i personally despise. hmm.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

white man creator, white man star, based on a white man's book which i personally despise. hmm.

The co-creator/showrunner is a an american japanese woman, and some of the producers are japanese,  including Hiroyuki who is the lead.

Edited by Gui Blackout
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

The co-creator/showrunner is a an american japanese woman, and some of the producers are japanese,  including Hiroyuki who is the lead.

justin marks is the one with hollywood experience and was hired to run, and he convinced the network to also hire his asian wife with zero credits on imdb.

at the golden globes for the last awful miniseries, richard chamberlain won the golden globe.

it does seem that this iteration is not quite as white focused. But:

https://collider.com/shogun-series-review/

Shōgun is mostly good but should have been great, with Hiroyuki Sanada providing a standout performance as Lord Yoshii Toranaga.

Shōgun 's main protagonist, played by Cosmo Jarvis, is the least interesting character and risks throwing the show out of balance.

Having suffered through over 1000 pages and 10ish hours of the original show, perhaps their garbage quality was at least somewhat improved upon I suppose.

the show is absolutely amazing but im sick of this white man hero trope :rip:

• Like 4

#1 on Hulu today :clap3: 

I’ve seen some ads and this looks epic I’ll try to catch it because in Mexico is available in Star+ 

9 million viewers is pretty big worldwide :clap3: It got 5 million from Hulu in the US alone.

The actress who plays Mariko is gorgeous:smitten:

This is pretty good so far! :duca:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ending of episode 6 :ryan3:

Spoiler

I mean well he was annoying, useless and fantasised death but dying because you fell trying to stab your uncle who was already on the floor:juanny:

40 minutes ago, loliza said:

The ending of episode 6 :ryan3:

Hide contents

I mean well he was annoying, useless and fantasised death but dying because you fell trying to stab your uncle who was already on the floor:juanny:

I gasped, and then I laughed. Truly a loser :bibliahh:

This is the best show on tv right now. My phone remains untouched during the hour I watch this masterpiece.

13 minutes ago, Lille said:

I gasped, and then I laughed. Truly a loser :bibliahh:

This is the best show on tv right now. My phone remains untouched during the hour I watch this masterpiece.

I fully cackled. :lmao: So deserved for being a delusional fool for so long! And agreed, I find this show so gripping and gorgeously shot. I can see why the critics are raving.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.