Are all major pop stars lost direction at this point ?

Mydilemma2.0

Britney / Selena / Ari / Dua / Justin T - Served us with the worst comeback singles. 

Beyonce lost any direction of music at this point.

Nicki's album is forgettable at this point. 

all eyes are towards Rihanna to save us from this.... mess.. 

HISS was the only good song coming nowadays. 

Even in the g listers:
Kim Petras **** Pop Miami sounds like a recycled version of Ayesha (dumpster version of H4U). 

And Im saying it a stan of all of them, Its just sad seeing how bad pop music spiral. I just don't get what happened tbh 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

JLo released a great album.

Norah and Taylor are coming soon.

Act II will slay too when it's really Country.

Let’s get you to bed…

grandma come GIF

• Haha 13

6 minutes ago, Mydilemma2.0 said:

HISS was the only good song coming nowadays

calling Nicki's album 'forgettable' while praising Hiss in the same breath... didn't the song freefall as soon as Nicki stopped talking about it?

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 of the artists you mentioned in OP are dropping albums next month.. just choose your favorite tracks and stream them 

Only Britney with Manjobi

yes, and? is great

HOEdini is great

Texas Hold Em is amazing

SZA, Lana, Taylor always have a clear vision with albums

like what are u talking abt 

• Like 2

Houdini and Training Season are excellent singles for people with good ears.

Beyoncé is trying to do something different, and it's funny seeing people complaining about it when they also complain if an artist is stuck doing the same thing over and over again.

And most of the other artists you mentioned have over 10 or 20 years in the industry, so it's normal for them to feel artistically stuck since the passion for their work isn't as strong as it was during their rookie years

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not true, all covid post years have been excellent for music,

Mabye your the issue is with your taste and less with the quality of music 

Actually Dua's songs are amazing and they're performing better than Future Nostalgia singles would've performed with the same amount of promo. The thing is most of her listeners are gays who can only appreciate one (1) type of pop music. 

Ariana's usually the type that just produces songs and releases when she feels like she has a decent amount of tracks for an album, she never thinks about concepts and "directions", this seems to be the first time she's putting effort so I wouldn't write her off based on one song - which isn't even bad just not everyone's cup of tea, her fanbase is split into two so it's hard to please everybody.

"Beyonce lacks direction"

While having 3 albums prepared for years :dies:

I can't. The others I see a point. Ariana will be fine though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How on earth has Beyonce lost musical direction when she's in the middle of one of the most conceptual and planned out eras of her entire career? 

• Like 8

There’s nothing wrong with Houdini and TS, the only thing DL3 is lacking in are visuals, they can make or break your era, so far it’s been boring minimalism concept with low budget mvs….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mydilemma2.0 said:

Justin T

No Justin's song is good beautiful emotional and catchy. What is this. I don't like the rest of the artist you mentioned though. But you can always expand to older music you have never heard before

"worst comeback single" is subjective..I think yes, and? and Houdini are amazing tracks

Many artists have been releasing poor quality music for a while now, people are just realizing it this year.

It’s 100% fine if you don’t like the direction Bey is going in, but she clearly has a direction. 

The Act 1/Act 2 album concepts are arguably the clearest direction of any Bey project.  

Edited by Rotunda

15 minutes ago, Freakshowvato said:

Many artists have been releasing poor quality music for a while now, people are just realizing it this year.

Yeah, I guess you are right. 

Everything sounds recycled at this point. 

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

calling Nicki's album 'forgettable' while praising Hiss in the same breath... didn't the song freefall as soon as Nicki stopped talking about it?

How are even the sales relevant to the topic? 
It's not like HISS is phenomenal but for real Pink Friday 2 is meh, HISS has actual rap in it... And saying that PF2 if something comparable to any other Nicki album she has ever released (excluding Queen tbh) is just being delulu. 

1 hour ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

There’s nothing wrong with Houdini and TS, the only thing DL3 is lacking in are visuals, they can make or break your era, so far it’s been boring minimalism concept with low budget mvs….

can you even compare Houdini to any single from her debut? or even the pop masterpiece FN? you guys are for real close your eyes to it at this point. 

Houdini is mediocre at best, and the production sounds like a scraped song from FN.. for real. 

14 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

It’s 100% fine if you don’t like the direction Bey is going in, but she clearly has a direction. 

The Act 1/Act 2 album concepts are arguably the clearest direction of any Bey project.  

and all the Beyhive here. 
Releasing a country album out of Blue Sky without releasing even the visuals for her ACT I is a lack of direction, she skipped the whole ACT I era to go on tour. 
Again you compare mediocrity to mediocrity compare current Bey to Self titled / Lemonade/bday... She HAD VISION SHE SHOWED HER UNIQNESS. 

now you can give any of her recent material to any other pop star and it will sound the same (maybe a bit off vocals)

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

Honey, get some fresh poppers and stream the new Allie X album.

I did tbh and it served hard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mydilemma2.0 said:

and all the Beyhive here. 
Releasing a country album out of Blue Sky without releasing even the visuals for her ACT I is a lack of direction, she skipped the whole ACT I era to go on tour. 
Again you compare mediocrity to mediocrity compare current Bey to Self titled / Lemonade/bday... She HAD VISION SHE SHOWED HER UNIQNESS. 

now you can give any of her recent material to any other pop star and it will sound the same (maybe a bit off vocals)

I don’t know why you’re getting so emotional. 

1. I’m confused so it’s not about Bey’s music lacking direction, but now about the era rollouts? 

2. Who would you give Heated, Pure/Honey, Plastic Off The Sofa, Texas Hold ‘Em, and 16 Carriages to?

Just now, Rotunda said:

I don’t know why you’re getting so emotional. 

1. I’m confused so it’s not about Bey’s music lacking direction, but now about the era rollouts? 

2. Who would you give Heated, Pure/Honey, Plastic Off The Sofa, Texas Hold ‘Em, and 16 Carriages to?

Era rollout is part of a whole vision about music I guess in my perspective. 

compare 10 years ago when a pop star would release an album - fully commit to it and put her heart out. (Gaga eras are an excellent example)
Maybe today artists aim towards the TikTok hits and less about their artistic vision.

And I didn't say her ACT I was bad, but I am saying that he was messy, and IMO Taxes Hold 'em and 16 carriages sound like any other country song only with a more soprano voice. 

2 minutes ago, Mydilemma2.0 said:

Era rollout is part of a whole vision about music I guess in my perspective. 

compare 10 years ago when a pop star would release an album - fully commit to it and put her heart out. (Gaga eras are an excellent example)
Maybe today artists aim towards the TikTok hits and less about their artistic vision.

And I didn't say her ACT I was bad, but I am saying that he was messy, and IMO Taxes Hold 'em and 16 carriages sound like any other country song only with a more soprano voice. 

I mean, yes the era was messy. There was clearly something going on with the visuals (which we presume still exist and may be revealed eventually given Nadia Lee Cohen also worked on the Act II visuals). I will say that having specific eras geared towards exploring different genres seems on paper more coherent than what Lemonade was (a dabbling in a bunch of different genres at once, in an album primarily about infidelity and rebuilding, but also having some allusions to Black Empowerment). 

I’m not saying you thought Act I/II were/will be bad, but if you think these songs could easily go to different artists, I’m curious who you’d assign those tracks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.