Canadian student flies to classes to save on rent

naval23

Are they... You know...

Spoiler

A swiftie :ryan3:

• Haha 6

• ATRL Moderator

I feel bad for him. I think the college experience is really about the connections you make outside of class, the socializing in dorms, the events hosted on campus and extracurriculars, etc. Sounds like he's missing all of that, which is quite sad.

• Like 3

I’d suck him off

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I feel bad for him. I think the college experience is really about the connections you make outside of class, the socializing in dorms, the events hosted on campus and extracurriculars, etc. Sounds like he's missing all of that, which is quite sad.

Yeah because he’s more worried about the college life than the education… what kind of comment… lol

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7c9jr0r7i7lv93z4cpy

Edited by Kimmo
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Agree. Time and experience is def worth $900/mo imo. 

• Haha 1

Taylor Swift, what have you done 

Edited by nadiamendell
  • Haha 3

icon tings 

• Haha 3

I love how OTHs are out in droves in this thread, but this is really a look into how outrageous the rental market in Vancouver is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fememeist said:

I’d suck him off

• Haha 5

maybe if canada had high speed rail... but it's still a flop like murica i fear :snowman:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And then there's me who has never touched an airplane in my life

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, fememeist said:

I’d suck him off

Where's the class

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Taylor’s impacT

Where does he sleep on weekdays though? 

5 minutes ago, Twilish said:

Who even needs college anymore it’s 2024 

Alot of places still require a bachelors but they are offering pay of a high school graduate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why isn't the arts student taking classes in Calgary if money is such a concern? 

...and you know this loser obviously reached out to CTV as well. It's not like the media just happened to find him.

Would it not be more convenient and cost effective to just find roommates? What college student is renting a 1br apartment for themselves?

19 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Alot of places still require a bachelors but they are offering pay of a high school graduate.

Plus the crippling debt that haunts you for years after. I just…

• Haha 1

Please lmfao. A joke.

This is an entitled rich kid who, what, thinks he's too good for roommates? Or to share an apartment?

A 1 bedroom apartment to oneself isn't some inalienable human right. Aside from being financially unfeasible for 99% of the student population, it is simply not necessary.

This isn't any meaningful commentary on the housing crisis in Canada — which is, from what I understand, pretty severe — it's the ~unconventional whims of a wealthy kid being televised for the attention it can garner.

And to that one person that would suck him off:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7c9jr0r7i7lv93z4cpy1slf65qs7ta7w8h0xed3v7&ep=v1_gifs_username&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Please lmfao. A joke.

This is an entitled rich kid who, what, thinks he's too good for roommates? Or to share an apartment?

A 1 bedroom apartment to oneself isn't some inalienable human right. Aside from being financially unfeasible for 99% of the student population, it is simply not necessary.

This isn't any meaningful commentary on the housing crisis in Canada — which is, from what I understand, pretty severe — it's the ~unconventional whims of a wealthy kid being televised for the attention it can garner.

And to that one person that would suck him off:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7c9jr0r7i7lv93z4cpy1slf65qs7ta7w8h0xed3v7&ep=v1_gifs_username&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Exactly. In many countries, 4 or 6 students live together in a dorm room with bunk beds :redface:

• Like 1

Taylor vibes

45 minutes ago, Twilish said:

Plus the crippling debt that haunts you for years after. I just…

While they hound you for repayments and you dont even know if you have enough for dinner tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.