Do you love to turn your brain off?

Starfish

Lose yourself in a movie or a great book and forget all about your life and your personal situation. 

I find that I like to do it but it is addictive. 

• Like 2

Yuh but with weed movies and isolating myself on my hammock

Yep! Hours of music or back to back movies for the escapism. Can’t beat it

When i read some replies on ATRL i feel like they have their brains OFF on FULL time :rip: but yeah music + long walk or painting or dancing makes me feel distracted in the best way

• Haha 5

Yeah that’s why i love meditating almost daily and watching horror movies back to back is my escapism 

So much that at more than one point in my life it became a crutch and made me significantly worse off. :bibliahh:

I turn my brain off everytime I log into Atrl.net

• Haha 1

Yes but mainly for procrastination purposes

Yes, almost to an unhealthy degree. I am always listening to music and go to the movies nearly every week. However, I'd say my mental health is doing fine right now and I'm not doing it to avoid any negative thoughts so I'm not too concerned.

• Like 2

i used to but then I remember what's happening to Biden and I turn that **** AWN immediatly!!!

• Haha 2

That’s not turning your brain off… you’re literally using your brain doing that stuff. :toofunny3:

yes and thank god for vyvanse cause I can finally do it better than i've been able to in YEARS :whistle:

With music yes. Often with music that just feels good, doesnt have to be political good music with deep meaning. Just some trash slutty bops :gaydonnacat1:

Yeah sometimes I go on auto pilot and forget everything around me but that’s mostly cause of anxiety :rip:

I feel like my brain never truly shuts off (although it sort of used to when I was younger) but reading seems to be the most effective way to distract myself from reality, and that's why I was on a reading trip during a very bad period of my life.

my brains always off

• Haha 2

it never turns off. not even when i need to go to sleep. it just keeps playing random scenarios over and over all night

I don't think I'm able to like I'm always wired up. It's so exhausting.

Girl I don't even turn it on anymore. There is just nothing going on inside this head

• Haha 2

I'm mentally ill so I need drugs to do that. Otherwise it's always in speedrive. 

I try not to do it anymore. 

Only when I do this

954c616a1895ca8654ede6091be6d9cd.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.