IFPI Global Charts 2023 | #1… Artist: Taylor Swift, Single: "Flowers", Album: 'FML'

Feanor

Weird how Karol didn't make it but some other flops did, especially when she had streamings hits and a big tour.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feanor

• Green

• Miley Cyrus

• Squall

9 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Why only them, because they are Asian?

Β 

In the end, the β€œsales” of each artist on that list are inflated by their country or region.

:snowball:

Go back to twitter :deadbanana:

• Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

OLIVIA OUTΒ :redface:Β But her stans insist that isn’t a sophomore slumpΒ 

Billie was #7 in 2021

Β 

:clack:

• Like 4

the albums chart will be a jokeΒ 

Β 

these kpop bands that are unheard of outside of asia will win the #1 and #2, maybe even #3 albums because this doofus organization counts pure sales significantly higher than streams. so these lagging-behind markets that are still buying albums will win over artists from the rest of the world that have advanced into streaming, just because theyre lagging behind.Β 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

2 minutes ago, JuanitoKasicki said:

the albums chart will be a jokeΒ 

Β 

these kpop bands that are unheard of outside of asia will win the #1 and #2, maybe even #3 albums because this doofus organization counts pure sales significantly higher than streams. so these lagging-behind markets that are still buying albums will win over artists from the rest of the world that have advanced into streaming, just because theyre lagging behind.Β 

There are two separate charts and the IFPI probably use their own methodology as they do for songs.

Β 

EDIT: misread the second part of your post, hard to tell since we don’t know the ratio

Edited by Squall

2 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Billie was #7 in 2021

Β 

Billie had two albums & one ep.Β 
Olivia has two albums and guts was released on September.Β :rip:
Β 

But it’s hilarious how not you but a dua lipa stan is coming for Olivia. Β 

• Like 2

Poor MileneΒ :gaycat7:

I don't understand the anger towards Asian artists. Those sales are validated by IFPI, so they're legit. End of discussion. Why should we not count them?Β :rip:

Β 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Miley and Olivia flopped :rip:Β 

The chart is clogged with kpop acts who only made it because of mass buying and zero streams

(New Jeans being the only one who matched sales/streams and their ranking position is more credible and not overly exaggerated).

Β 

So, difficult to make conclusions out of this chartΒ :celestial5:

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

There are two separate charts and the IFPI probably use their own methodology as they do for songs.

Β 

EDIT: misread the second part of your post, hard to tell since we don’t know the ratio

hard to tell? they just told you how much they count pure sales over streams. Drake with a 15M total unit just lost to a band with 6M pure sales.Β 

I'm a K-Pop fan myself so save those "you're racist you hate Koreans" arguments, but you're only lying to yourself if you believe Stray Kats and Seventeen Mass-bought Albums were Top 3 artists of 2023 globally. Hell, Twinks X Twinks making it is even more hilarious.Β :toofunny3:Β NewJeans being there does make sense because on top of the album sales, they also smash on Spotify/Apple Music and their success is actually organic. The Top 10 will be just Taylor, Drake, and 8 boygroups in the next few years at this rate.Β I would say FraudFPI needs to do something about these pure sales, but they most likely won't.

Β 

Olivia being gone from the Top 20 was a bit shocking though. Miley too, I thought Flowers would get her a cute #16-#20 placement ff.

Β 

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I'm a K-Pop fan myself so save those "you're racist you hate Koreans" arguments, but you're only lying to yourself if you believe Stray Kats and Seventeen Mass-bought Albums were Top 3 artists of 2023 globally. Hell, Twinks X Twinks making it is even more hilarious.Β :toofunny3:Β NewJeans being there does make sense because on top of the album sales, they also smash on Spotify/Apple Music and their success is actually organic. The Top 10 will be just Taylor, Drake, and 8 boygroups in the next few years at this rate.Β I would say FraudFPI needs to do something about these pure sales, but they most likely won't.

Β 

Olivia being gone from the Top 20 was a bit shocking though. Miley too, I thought Flowers would get her a cute #16-#20 placement ff.

Β 

i cant believe someone is dimwitted enough to not see this also lol. espically if theyre not even a kpop stan

Edited by JuanitoKasicki

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

I don't understand the anger towards Asian artists. Those sales are validated by IFPI, so they're legit. End of discussion. Why should we not count them?Β :rip:

Β 

Their sales are definitely inflated by mass buying but them β€œonly being known in Asia” isn’t a good reason for them not being supposed to be on the list when Morgan Wallen and Bad Bunny are right there

Β 

10 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Billie had two albums & one ep.Β 
Olivia has two albums and guts was released on September.Β :rip:
Β 

But it’s hilarious how not you but a dua lipa stan is coming for Olivia. Β 

Billie with one album and one EP: #4

Olivia with two albums: OUT

Β 

It’s a slump. It’s time to accept that

Β 

• Like 8

BTS being gone from the whole top 20 after three years in the top 2 is insane, I didn’t expect that. But honestly, it’s not surprising when you actually crunch the numbers. Their streams as a group absolutely nosedived as their fans shifted to the solo projects (mostly Jungkook)Β :suburban:

Β 

Probably the first year since 2019 (when they were #7, I think, which was pretty fair) where their placement - wherever that may be - actually reflects their global popularity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

BTS being OUT of the top 20 despite of their huge catalog shows that k-pop artists really need their yearly physical album releases to chart here

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Green said:

Β 

BasicallyΒ  :skull:Β 

Β 

Only a surprised BTS comeback album could stop her :dies:Β 

nah even if BTS comes back full force TTPD spillover to 2025, Rep TV, Debut TV and her back catalog (Midnights and 1989 TV especially), BTS can't stop prime Taylor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hο»Ώoliestο»Ώ Dreams said:

BTS being gone from the whole top 20 after three years in the top 2 is insane, I didn’t expect that. But honestly, it’s not surprising when you actually crunch the numbers. Their streams as a group absolutely nosedived as their fans shifted to the solo projects (mostly Jungkook)Β :suburban:

Β 

Probably the first year since 2019 (when they were #7, I think, which was pretty fair) where their placement - wherever that may be - actually reflects their global popularity.

Give it up

Only Taylor could have entered this Top20 with no-album in 2 years, no physical sales at all and only streams.

Harry Styles and Billie are also not here and no rational person would be expecting to see them.

Everyone else is here because they had recent albums... and the controversial artist in this list who released 2-3 albums with 30+ versions and 700+ photocards.

• Like 1

Flowers will probably double the units of the #2 biggest song AND Miley also has a large catalog yet she still couldn’t crack the top 20Β 

spacer.png

Β 

and her fans had the nerve to say she was bigger than Taylor back in January 2023

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

all this is telling me is that BTS' recurrent streams are horrendous and are heavily reliant on constant releases to get their numbers up.

• Like 1

Just now, BellKat said:

Give it up

Only Taylor could have entered this Top20 with no-album in 2 years, no physical sales at all and only streams.

Harry Styles and Billie are also not here and no rational person would be expecting to see them.

Everyone else is here because they had recent albums... and the controversial artist in this list who released 2-3 albums with 30+ versions and 700+ photocards.

Were Billie Eilish and Harry Styles back to back #1 global artists like BTS? did they have #1s that failed to chart in the YE charts or a 10+ week #1 that failed to go top 10 on the YEC?

it’s dumb to compare them and their numbers to the fraudulently manufactured numbers of BTS and most other K-pop acts

spacer.png

Lord Sheeran :clap3:

Bts getting exposed :jonnycat:

Β 

Β 

North American artists: Taylor, Drake, Weeknd, Morgan, Lana, SZA, Eminem, Zach, Travis, Kanye and Post.

Β 

Asia: 17, StrayKids, NewJeans, TXT, IVE, NTC Dream, King&Prince

Β 

South America: Bad Bunny

Β 

Europe: Ed

Β 

Β 

45 minutes ago, Green said:

BTS being OUT of the top 20 despite of their huge catalog shows that k-pop artists really need their yearly physical album releases to chart here

5 members of BTS went solo last year, they are focusing to streams each of the members Β (especially Jungkook):-*

• Like 1

newjeans being the FIRST kpop girl group in the top 10 :jonny5:

Β 

The way i already heard some fandom blinking and raging hard :hawkeye:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.