3. 3. Aged better

• I Gotta Feeling
    • Poker Face

Biggest songs of 2009 and also one of the biggest songs of all-time

• Like 1

I Gotta Feeling is bigger but Poker Face is better

• Like 3

both have aged really well tbh. i think pf is better tho

these are both so nostalgic its insane. its like a time capsule how well they captured that feeling from 2009. 

But poker face for all

I Gotta Feeling is one of those extremely rare songs that have been overplayed to the point of me NEVER being able to enjoy them again. many songs that have been overplayed have been able to garner appreciation from me after not having been blasted in my years as much over the past few years. for example, I can greatly appreciate songs like Tik Tok and Airplanes and Raise Your Glass and even California Gurls! I Gotta Feeling is no such song. not only was it on the radio 24/7 when I was f*cking 12, but I was bombarded by it at every b'nai mitzvot I was forced to attend, not to mention that the band I was in as a middle schooler covered it at every one of our house shows. that summer through winter 2010 was PLAGUED by that song lol. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy it quite honestly! it was a low moment to wrap up aughts pop culture. Meet Me Halfway deserved to be the big hit of that album tbh

so yes, I Gotta Feeling was easily the bigger hit :grump:

but Poker Face has always been the better song and has aged immaculately :gaygacat4:

• Like 2

and yes, Poker Face was an east coast b'nai mitzvot staple as well, but it was always too good for me to get bothered by it. THAT'S Gaga's power!

I Gotta Feeling was the bigger hit, it's the most downloaded song ever in the US :deadbanana:

But Poker Face is the better song and has aged better too, it's been 15 years and it still HITS

• Like 2

omg i’m emotional lmao good ole summer of 2009… those were the only two songs i had on my little iPod together with reach out by Miss Hillary :jonny:

I remember at the time I Gotta Feeling was a little bit more popular, but Poker Face is definitely the best song out of the two and it still sounds fresh as f. 

Like, imagine having THE Poker Face in your discography. 

• Like 1

I Gotta Feeling for all.

Poker Face aged the most horribly among her single discography.

• Thumbs Down 1

Pure Sales

I Gotta Feeling-19.64m WW

Poker Face-19.67m WW

Spotify

I Gotta Feeling-1.316b

Poker Face-1.169b

Youtube

I Gotta Feeling-725m

Poker Face-1.2b

It’s super close. IGAF was bigger stateside and the UK while PF was bigger abroad. Quality wise-Poker Face sounds less dated but both sound of their time. It’s also easier on the ears and much catchier. Now Meet Me Halfway would be a better comparison quality wise 

You are asking this on a forum full of Gaga stans? :rip: 

IGF is bigger and better.

I gotta feeling is the bigger song but it's unlistenable right now so Poker Face for the other two. 

Poker Face was marginally bigger in Europe compared to I Gotta Feeling but I Gotta Feeling is one of the biggest smashes of the US with 14 weeks at #1, 56 weeks of charting, dethroning their own "Boom Boom Pow", being the biggest digital single of all time

So overall IGF was bigger

5 hours ago, Squall said:

You are asking this on a forum full of Gaga stans? :rip: 

IGF is bigger and better.

They’re neck on neck. One did better abroad while the other did better in the US/UK. Plus the parent album sold much more.

45 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Poker Face was marginally bigger in Europe compared to I Gotta Feeling but I Gotta Feeling is one of the biggest smashes of the US with 14 weeks at #1, 56 weeks of charting, dethroning their own "Boom Boom Pow", being the biggest digital single of all time

So overall IGF was bigger

It’s not just Europe. Asia is a bigger digital market than Europe and PF outsold IGAF 3 times in Japan. Double in South Korea too. It was bigger in Latin America and they sold about the same in Oceania too. PF still sold slightly more despite selling 2m less stateside. It had the most year end #1s until flower overtook it this year.

12 minutes ago, VioletsandRoses said:

They’re neck on neck. One did better abroad while the other did better in the US/UK. Plus the parent album sold much more.

It’s not just Europe. Asia is a bigger digital market than Europe and PF outsold IGAF 3 times in Japan. Double in South Korea too. It was bigger in Latin America and they sold about the same in Oceania too. PF still sold slightly more despite selling 2m less stateside. It had the most year end #1s until flower overtook it this year.

"much more" :ahh: 

The only reason it did is because she released two albums and you count them as one :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.