• Haha 11

Didn't work for me and neither did meds :rip:

I still do it tho

4 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

This cannot be right :rip: Exercise just makes me hotter but I’m still sad 

what type of exercise? try HIIT

2 minutes ago, brraap said:

But the issue is what if I’m too depressed to exercise 

you need to push through, start with a cute warming up to get the dopamine hitting the spot right and good 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

what type of exercise? try HIIT

Weight lifting. Maybe you are onto something here 

Physical activity definitely helps a lot improving the mood, but in certain situations obviously it is not enough.

• Like 2

I can attest to this from personal experience. I went through a big depressive slump at some point in my life so I started going for early morning jogs and became regular at the gym again and it's honestly mindblowing how quickly things turned around mentally for me. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, stupidjock said:

Weight lifting. Maybe you are onto something here 

yeah, the more intense the exercise* the less mind space you have to overthink After that, your dopamine and serotonin levels will remain up for up to 24 hours and when they go down, they will be more balanced than before starting the exercise.

*this is a not a medical advice, always consult a doctor first before engaging in any type of physical activity. 

Interesting to see that exercise + SSRI has the biggest range of responses. Also seeing how different forms of exercise vary in effectiveness for treating of depression.

Depression needs to be hit biologically, socially and psychologically. SSRI’s can be hit and miss, so you need to partner it with other interventions like therapy or regular exercise. 

Yeah maybe 

Personally since i started working out and getting in shape it boosted my self confidence and psychologically when u look at urself in the mirror and u like what you’re seeing it makes u feel happier & more positive 

Yeah, I don't know. When I was depressed, I was going to the gym and nothing happened. Meds actually helped me with it.

What about exercise whilst listening to Kylie Minogue’s “Sexercize”? 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Physical activity definitely helps a lot improving the mood, but in certain situations obviously it is not enough.

the problem with meds are the side effects. But i 100% agree, sometimes exercise IS NOT enough, specially if the depression is life threatening. 

Edited by shyboi

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

It's giving just smile more

No, it's actually very well documented. 

4 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

What about exercise whilst listening to Kylie Minogue’s “Sexercize”? 

you just found the cure :jonny2:

• Haha 1

Everyone's journey with depression is different. 

Personally, cutting out alcohol completely and working out regularly has done wonders for my mental health!

• Like 5

We're far too reliant on medication to treat depression and anxiety IMO. It was dangerously easy for me to get prescribed an SSRI (and even a benzodiazepine at once point) without it being made clear to me how reliant I would become on them

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dman4life said:

Everyone's journey with depression is different. 

Personally, cutting out alcohol completely and working out regularly has done wonders for my mental health!

my relation with alcohol is different because it really doesn't interfere with my life in any negative way

i never get hangovers, actually i don't even know how a hangover feels like, also it doesn't give me insomnia 

It did wonders for me, so thank you gym! :chick3:

5 minutes ago, shyboi said:

i never get hangovers, actually i don't even know how a hangover feels like, also it doesn't give me insomnia 

The way I drank some beer and one shot on Thursday and thought I was going to die the next day at work

TtXu_tGatsgUdgd7w3hs7etshIkona.thumb.jpg

Edited by stupidjock

Am I the only one who was sweating sooo much when I was on SSRIs during workouts. It was unbearable  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.