Gesaffelstein - 'GAMMA'

Daddy

Let me dream about a Charli feature since they've been working together. :emofish:

• Like 1

Hyperion was good but hopefully this is better :clap3:

call me crazy but white ghost girl could be gaggles??  we have heard she's been working w them and she's very intentionally blurred but certain angles hit?

also this album sounds fire af

Edited by boysandbombs
  • Like 1

Hyped! Bring it, Mike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alfonso12 said:

Let me dream about a Charli feature since they've been working together. :emofish:

Very possible but I also feel like he's going back to his no-features days, for some reason? Would be amazing though, as a fellow Angel. 

51 minutes ago, boysandbombs said:

call me crazy but white ghost girl could be gaggles??  we have heard she's been working w them and she's very intentionally blurred but certain angles hit?

also this album sounds fire af

That's not Gags but I appreciate your delusion, I can relate :jonny2: 

• 1 month later...

GAMMA: "An Essay"

INTRO | 
switching things up and mysteriously kept undercover for months, on his third album GAMMA we see Gesaffestein taking a risk. and as always, when artists take risks and experiment, they pay off.

i knew this album would be a great one since the trailer. and even though we're not getting the short film i hoped for. this is one of those that i'll keep close to me. at heart. the ones you get every ten years or so.

STORY |
first things first, the length is perfect. 
better feel a kick, than much ado about nothing. 
the album's like being struck by lightning.
like an electric shock. quick. fast. dangerous. 
exactly as it should be. short albums have been around since the 50s. and some of the all time classics in music are under 2:50 minutes long. get over it. it's an album of it's time. in the most subversive way.

i feel like it tells a certain story. 
it's there, for us to see. again too bad we're not getting a short film cause that would have been way too iconic. (Mike if you're seeing this do something) but it's ok. the visuals are fine. and they give you a certain aesthetic to go with. which is important. aesthetics are everything. and the album's mood board is like a dark fashion show. the story though feels very personal. it's filled with heartbreak, anger, sex, danger, bad guys in bad places. but most importantly, it feels…ENERGETIC. people where fuming with Hyperion but he just doesn't want to repeat himself and be put into boxes. and he seems like he fought for it.

he always has been making a statement.
this is one too: in the age of the digital lethargy and constant nostalgia / references / sampling in music, he shouts out "WAKE UP. it's time to live PASSIONATELY. it's time to DANCE. hard. sweat. breathlessly. go out, and take your share of the night! make some bad decisions in the best way.
do something dangerous. something wild. 
break the rules a little bit. it's the wrong night, but i'm in the right mood…”

it's so iconic that the "nostalgia" he chose to lean towards -referencing the general trend of the past few years- was that of punk music. the type of music that has the most chaos and anarchy in it. 
the type of music that drove people crazy on the dancefloors. it has a bad reputation, as much as a genre as the people that created it. 

CONCLUSION | 
this electric riff of an album is not for the kind souls, but for the wild ones. it essentially feels like walking into the baddest underground isolated club in town. doing three lines. hitting the dance floor. kicking and punching. sweating. entering a darkroom. having raw sex and being on your way.
all under 28 minutes. 

a hell of a night. 

Just finished this and what happened to this man? Did he lose all his edge or something? I understand wanting to evolve as an artist but all the songs with vocals felt like a mess and so unlike him. 

The instrumental songs are great tho, some of his best work. 

• 2 weeks later...

banger album. few tracks sound too similar, but a lot of replayable standouts. your share of the night is my fav cut.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.