Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

10 hours ago, mig123 said:

And she's walking away from reggeton which is overplayed… 

Lindsay Lohan High GIFs | Tenor

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

7 hours ago, romas_ld said:

out of all the genres she chooses EDM :deadbanana4: 

You do realize electronic music is still very much popular right? 

8 hours ago, romas_ld said:

out of all the genres she chooses EDM :deadbanana4: 

Again is a EDM is a vast genre. Ya need to do your research and stop assuming that it's going to be "basic." She can easily serve us electropop, house, techno, ambient, jersey club, eurodance, hyperpop, electro-rock, funk, dancehall, garage, tropical house for instance. Ya need to lighten up and be cautiously optimistic. Our girl is finally back in high gear and y'all are still finding something to ***** about? 

14 hours ago, GeeDuval said:

You guys do realize a lot goes into tour announcements? Logistics approval from local government, cities, etc. clearly she's focusing on promoting the album and then proper tour announcement. She just did a week of promo, work and surprise in NY, she is not 25 and single you guys. You guys are expecting a laundry service type of era as far as promo and she's not going to give it to us. Only hope at this point is the tour, which I'm sure she will be fine.

Self title had some good engineers and producers. Great sound, it was a cohesive body of work, but the U.S. paid it dust cause the English speaking U.S. has never been here for rock Shakira, she learned her lesson with Don't Bother and OF v.2 but I guess wanted to give it another try.

Her best bet is to keep releasing Spanglish albums, 4 or 5 English songs and call it a day with the rest Spanish and call it a day.

Yeah she needs to keep rockira as album deep cuts cause they won't do anything for her mainstream in the Anglo market. Everything you said in your first message is true to a tee.

4 hours ago, mig123 said:

I work in the industry…. That's all I can say :chick1:

She already showcased in her New York Times Square performance with session 53 remix of what's coming…

EDM is the music of the future and it's selling Billion as we speak :loud:

same for regional Mexican norteño music … reason why she's been working with these sounds 

Yass i can't want. The regional Mexican music can **** off but honestly with a DJ collab if done right and in English can reintroduce her as a hitmarker in English speaking market. Hopefully her and Tiesto cooked something up together so that she can serve her very own The Motto

3 hours ago, Bocanada said:

2012 would have been perfect for an EDM album but she got pregnant. In 2024, I'm not sure...

Is it real the upcoming project (song/collaborative album) with Rosalia? @mig123

I'm kind of done with this era. I just want another MV and Última. Tour ASAP :cries:

I feel like she's gonna announce the official tour once her promo run is done. They're definitely testing the waters with these pop ups. I think what she's doing is finally giving us that dance album that she scrapped and that we always wanted. Too many people saying she was gonna drop something this year whether it be by the end or top of next year. Makes sense we may get a OF 1 and 2 situation going on and that's why there may be delays with the tour. She'll probably be doing one tour for two albums maybe? Yeah the Rosalia rumors are too strong for them to be dismissed at this point it may actually seem likely. Phew if that is the case 😅 Shakira is gonna eat so bad

3 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

chantaje was bigger, longevity and global > quick peaks :giraffe:

Eh one can argue the same facts for 53 so let's not even do all that

3 hours ago, Feli said:

Exactly. I don't get the hate to Shakira the album. It has some really goos songs. CRTFY still sounds fresh, Chasing Shadows, a wasted opportunity, Spotlight is great too, The One thing is beautiful, Cut me deep, YDCAM, Broken record, all good...It is actually a consistent album with great lyrics and good production. I think the problem with her and her team is always the choice of singles and the timing for releasing them.

Crazy that around that time she was rumored to be working with people like JLo, Iggy Azalea, Future, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani... if she can release those from the vault that would be lovely. Was also curious about her work with RedOne, Ester Dean, Fernando Garibay, Afrojack, Benny Blanco, The Dream and Skrillex. Maybe those will see the light of day now?

3 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

if we are going to get a new album very soon i wonder if she is going to use a lot of what she had from the before pregnancy shakira dot, probably also a lot more of rauw and bizarrap if that is the direction she is going in

Lol see my post above I wouldn't mind. She's such an underrated performer. A dance album is long overdue. Imagine a Shakira version of Renaissance phew 🙏🏼 

2 hours ago, commander said:

I think this album already run its course and y'all want her to keep milking it. There's simply nothing more to it. She's back to her usual Spotify numbers. I haven't listened to the album in a week lol.

I just hope that if there's a new album, she releases one single before dropping it, but we all know she's going to keep doing the testing the waters and see what sticks approach cause she's so afraid of failure. 

I mean most people are afraid of failure. It's not exclusive to just Shakira. The bigger the star. The bigger the target. My thing is hopefully with the next era if it's really gonna start soon please don't milk it for another half a decade. A single should only run it's course for 3 months then onto the next. No delays! Sony Latin be more stern and give her deadlines!

2 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

tell us that these are not collaborations with David Guetta, Kygo, Alok or other Djs..
shakioot01.jpg

Read my messages above lol if she's going full blown dance Diva again ya should be excited because then chances are she may serve us a She Wolf 2.0 and that's exciting! She did meet Martin Garrix and a song like Scared To Be Lonely would be fantastic for Shak. I only want her to work with David Guetta if he gives her, her own WHEN LOVE TAKES OVER. Kygo is too basic for her. Alok I wouldn't mind. Alesso, DJ Snake, Marshmello, and Zedd would be cute additions. 

The more interesting DJs for her to work with would be Diplo/Major Lazer (she would slay something like Lean On), Silk City, Flume, Disclosure, Black Coffee, Kaytranada, SG Lewis would be legitimately fire

she can't be that dumb :rip: she just demolished her image with that Allure cover story

She's done like this is real serious

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Giancor said:

she can't be that dumb :rip: she just demolished her image with that Allure cover story

She's done like this is real serious

She outed herself as a conservative pick-me for the second time in a decade and she'll do damage control by posting some sort of statement like the other time about Gerard's "possessiveness".

• Confused 1

I can't wait to see how she and her team are going to manage this disaster. And not Pique having the last laugh :rip:

• Confused 1

A republican Icon already. Fox and Trumpers are gonna devour this 

• Confused 1

time to switch away from edm and get on the phone to morgan wallen

• Haha 2

I have been a Shakira fan for 24 years and this album is easily in my top 5 Shakira albums after only 10 days of listening to it. I don't get the hate from most old school Shakira fans. 

Punteria is definitely one of my favorite collaborations of hers, way superior to Beautiful Liar and CRTFY. 10/10

La Fuerte: Deleted from my library. Can't say it's trash, I just don't like it at all. 3/10

Tiempo Sin Verte: I absolutely love love this song! I really hope we get a video. 10/10

Cohete: I like this better than Te Felicito. I have it on replay every time it comes on 8/10

Entre Parentesis: I have a few Mexican Songs on my Library. This one made the cut. I just cringe whenever she goes "Awuuuuu" She needs to stop her awuuuing altogether. 5/10

Como, Cuando Y Donde: Thank You Shakira!! I absolutely adore her vocals in this song. 9/10

Nassau: Cute song. It will probably grow on me more, but for now I give it a 5/10. 

Ultima: Not as good as "Tu" but this song is still very powerful and has a lot of feeling to it. I cried listening to it. 7/10

Te Felicito: It's crazy how putting this song on this album has actually made me liked it more. 7/10

Monotomia: I loved it from 1st listen. I like it more than "Deja Vu" 7/10

Music Sessions Vol 53. My favorite Bop from the album. I love everything about this song. 10/10

TQG: Monstrous Hit. Amazing Collab. 9/10

Acrostico: I need for her to sing this on her new tour. 8/10

Copa Vacia: I kind of get some don't like this song. I mean after La Bachata, Vol 53 and TQG, we were expecting more from this duo. Still 7/10.

El Jefe: This did not make my cut to be on my library. Sorry, not my cup of tea. Might grow but for now 4/10

Vol 53 Remix: This could have been huge at the gay clubs. Hype is gone unfortunately. Still 6/10

Overall, I think the album has already been a huge commercial success. Her 1990s peers wish they still had it in them to be competing against huge streaming and popular acts like Miss G and Miss Bunny. Her longevity is amazing. Bravo Shaki. 

her Barbie comment got more press in a few hours than her album in an entire release week:rip:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well the album promo is finally here i guess. :dies:

• Haha 2

mess :rip: is she dumb

Las mujeres ya no lloran, las mujeres son machistas ♫♪

• Haha 1

How could she say something so stupid? :deadbanana2:  and not after she made all football fans hate her, now she's pandering to them :bibliahh:

Im defending Shaki in that thread of celebria and is challengin cause she really ***** with that comment. 
But that was expected we all know Shaki and her takes about men and how traditional was her upbringin

My english and takes are not strong enough to defend her
Im feeling like a roasted cabrita there :gaycat1: and is goin viral on twitter too

GHL2VWO.gif BlDKI62.gif

i need your help wolf pack. The world war has started.  Paws up

upyPkc0.gif  5pE9Znh.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra

10 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Im defending Shaki in that thread of celebria and is challengin cause she really ***** with that comment. 
But that was expected we all know Shaki and her takes about men and how traditional was her upbringin

Im feeling like a roasted cabrita there :gaycat1: and is goin viral on twitter too

GHL2VWO.gif BlDKI62.gif

upyPkc0.gif  5pE9Znh.gif

No thanks. She's alone on this one 

10 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

GHL2VWO.gif BlDKI62.gif

upyPkc0.gif  5pE9Znh.gif

But why though? The lashings are deserved. Some things are simply unexcusable.

• Like 2

Las mujeres say dumb, ignorant nonsense and they receive backlash online. :coffee2:

• Like 1

I don't get it wtf did she say? Movie did ******* suck. 

She's not a damn liberal has never been, she's very old school she knows and respects her fans but you're never gonna see her sit down with ru Paul being a guess judge.

She has always believed a man should provide and compromise with his woman, but everything has turned into this competition woman vs men and who can do what better. What is the issue ???! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

It's over for her

• Confused 1

TQG was the most streams song from the album in the last 2 days on Spotify. Puntería went under 850k.

16 minutes ago, Giancor said:

It's over for her

Is not :gayoncecat3: Latinoamerica doesnt really care about this cause fascism been rising after the cuba,venezuela,argentina situation and Shakira public is very diverse. Actually a lot of people would agree with that. 

Someone like charli xcx sayin  this or boygenius. With a gayfanbase. That would be a career destroyed. Shaki is safe 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, GeeDuval said:

I don't get it wtf did she say? Movie did ******* suck. 

She's not a damn liberal has never been, she's very old school she knows and respects her fans but you're never gonna see her sit down with ru Paul being a guess judge.

She has always believed a man should provide and compromise with his woman, but everything has turned into this competition woman vs men and who can do what better. What is the issue ???! 

If you have followed her for a while you can tell she's conservative in many ways, including her view of "roles" in men and women ( I wouldn't even be surprised if she's a homophobe ), so while you are right that she's not a liberal icon she is a still a pop star (a female one) and there are some things better left off unsaid.

This "Barbie" take is also very hypocritical of her (besides ignorant) since she is basing her new album on feminism and how women are now strong and provide :toofunny2: a total contradiction with this neandertal pov. 

I love my girl but if she's gonna keep speaking nonsense she better stop giving interviews.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, EtherealCat said:

time to switch away from edm and get on the phone to morgan wallen

:bibliahh:

The fact that she went like "WomeN nO LonGer Cry nOW its MeNs turN" just a few days ago and now she comes up with that dumbass statement :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.