Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

it's a solid project and much better than the two mixtapes she released last time, there's some classic original shakira in some tracks which means she really she still has it and that's the beauty of it. it's a return to form even if it's unpolished 

Edited by SupremeGoddess

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

So technically how many streams does the album have already with all the songs? :eddie:

She was on such a good path. Her team did everything right, but I feel like they tripped right before the finish line.

What a mess. 

I only like La Fuerte....

I would have loved if Bizarrap would have been the main producer. 

Tiempo Sin Verte

Cómo Dónde y Cuándo 

Última

are the only songs I really love a lot. I think it's pretty unfortunate that they only included a few new songs. 

• Like 1

I'm kinda underwhelmed with Punteria but I hope it's a modest hit for them. I wonder how many more singles she will release. I would pick these:

1. CDC - Smash potential 
  2. Nassau - Summer single
  3. EP - When she tours the US / MX
  4. Ultima - Last single
  • Confused 3

Tiempo Sin Verte is my fave :jonny5:

I really love every new song tho, La Fuerte is a Bop!

LA ULTIMA OMG I love the lyrics of the song and the melody

Punteria  It has Hit written everywhere, the playful sexy lyrics and a good video, I hope it goes viral.

Cómo Dónde y Cuándo THIS IS SHAKIRA SHAKIRA OF 2000s :heart2:

Shakira - Tiempo Sin Verte Pop latino  in all its splendor I like it

I have to listen to the other songs now at work more to be able to comment on them well, however I liked them too but these were the ones I liked the most for now

1st listen:

SHAKIRA Para todos!!!! :celestial4:a little bit of everything.

Her best since Sale El Sol. You can tell our old shak is still there. Love how confident she  is now and is able to play with her voice.

my top 3 are Como donde y cuando, Última & tiempo sin verte 

puntería & la fuerte ufff :gaycatina1:

I knew that was rauw's song, soon as I saw track 8 was pending when he released playa Saturno and rumors started that she had a second collab, I was like yeah she must of liked the song and bought the rights lol 

overall pleasant surprise. So happy for her. This project just proves how versatile she really is and able to do any genre making it hers.

***song order***

i wasn't sure why they left the first single for last and it makes sense at least to me. 

first 8 in your feelings,:gaycat7:

last 7 it's a celebration. (Middle fingers in the air) :gaycatina1:

Edited by GeeDuval
  • Like 2

Wow, i'm surprised at this cause i honestly had zero expectations seeing how her career choices have been all over the place for a long time. Still, it doesn't register as a body of work rather a collection of past and future singles with a bizarre tracklist order that makes little sense. It's a solid 6/10, with great strong vocals and some fun songs.

As of now :

Punteria 6/10

La Fuerte 4/10

Tiempo Sin Verte 10/10 ( i nearly cried when it came on, i've been waiting for a song like this for YEARS)

Cohete 5/10

Entre Parenthesis 8/10 (too short!)

Come Donde y Cuando 7/10

Nassau 4/10

Ultiima 3/10 (falls very short lyrics wise and despite the good vocals it sounds way too much like Acrostico. Weak chorus.)

Edited by Lorelei
  • Like 1

the NERVE she had saying she put her career at risk when moving to spain… we have some of the most innovative artists / producers here (rosalia, el guincho, bad gyal, ralphie choo, tangana, alizzz, arca's living here etc etc) and she releases this basic ass album 

:ryan3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Ok Im Done With My Review hennies :gaycat4: Track By Track :chick1: i didnt sleep doin this :biblio: 5:am here
As a Native Spanish Speaker from Colombia💎
My english is odd and weird but lemme jump into water 

I loved the album
so, if you hated it u better skip my review :gaycat2:

Dk6Xjjd.jpeg z9bw52J.jpeg

SIDE A : SINGLES ALREADY RELEASED 🌙

Spoiler

Dont Wait Up / 6.0 (Not in the record)
The first time I heard this song and saw the behind the scenes in 2021, I felt like something was wrong with Shakira. 
She looked different and kinda sad. Years later, I was proven right, although many said I was paranoid. 

I really love the beach vibe of the song. The verses and the intro are fantastic and very relaxing. 
I appreciate how Shakira wanted to experiment with house music. 
Unfortunately, the chorus of the song is too weak. It's as if Shakira stripped it of everything. 
It seems like a demo or amateur production. Too feeble. 
A song in English with potential but wasted by its production. Still good for the summer. Also, it's a bit disappointing that it was aimed at TikTok. Pretty basic move there.

Te Felicito / 9.0

Synthpop that feels somewhat funky and mixes in reggaeton. It strikes me as one of shakira most inventive songs. Interesting Lyrics
Also, the robotic chorus-wordplay is quite creative and quite different. A song that shows Shakira still has her experimental side and bringin innovation.
That she challenges herself with her commercial songs. 
I love the instrumental because it's robotic but not too overbearing. Very smooth. Rawr Alejandro voice is hard to grasp but works here

Monotonia / 8.5

The song is quite heart-wrenching. One of the best ballads I've heard in recent years. You feel Shakira's pure pain in this. Good Lyrics
A good bachata for those who want to cry in the club. I feel like the addition of Ozuna is unnecessary. It could be a Shakira solo ballad

Bizarrap Music Session 53 / 7.0

Honestly, Shakira showed a lot of courage in releasing this song and not staying silent about Gerard's rat behavior. 
It's also appreciated that she wanted to do something different. The song is full of phrases that have become iconic in Latin America. 
One of her biggest successes. The rhythm is very addictive
Personally, I find the lyrics too overly basic for my liking and some are cringe.
But hey, it brought drama and helped put Shakira in the spotlight again. That's appreciated even if i dont like this

TQG 5 /  6.0

I've seen that everyone says this song is super good, but personally, I find it to be really tacky and cheap reggaeton, lol. 
I can recognize how overly catchy the song is, but it's not the type of music I would normally listen to. 
Maybe if I were hooking up with some guy out there, con un Neita-Mancito Callejero haha
Karol G is a lovely person and with so much potential, but sometimes her music seems so basic-reductive to me. 
Just being honest with my opinion.

Acrostico / 10

This is one of the sweetest and most beautiful Spanish songs I've ever heard. Honestly, in the parts where the falsetto-head voice? kicks in, it just breaks your heart. 
I cried multiple times listening this.  
 If you're a native Spanish speaker, you can understand how much this song moves the heart. 
Family love is something so special. One of those ballads where you feel Shakira's pain too. 
The instrumental is precious and colorful. The lyrics aren't too complex but beautiful. 
I've seen this song shared so much. From children to their parents, and parents to their children. It makes it a very sacred special song for the people u love. 
The outro of the song and that haunting instrumental all break my heart when imagining Shakira's-Her Kids pain in leaving Barcelona

Copa Vacia / 6.0

Honestly, "Copia Vacía" feels like a typical reggaeton song. It's very hot and playable and summerish, but somewhat basic. 
Despite its simplicity, it's surprising how Shakira can make so many songs with so much -appeal-potential for the radio-people-clubs. She has the midas touch melodic wise
I'd give it a low score, but Manuel Turizo es un Papi Rico (Que me poseya) (Soy solo un hoyo señor) :eli:, so let's add 3 points, haha. From 3 to 6

El Jefe / 7.5

To many, this song seems terrible, but personally, I find it to be something unique and interesting that Shakira had never done before. 
It's the most street-like, rupestre-de pueblo thing Shakira has done.
 I don't know why, but corrido music always feels so gothic and sounds very much like a chase. A bit haunting. 
I wonder if the influence of narcos permeates the genre and that's why it feels dark. 
The lyrics are honestly too harsh. Too many swear words. I think that's why the song didn't do well in Latinoamerica. I know people who didn't like it because of this.
 It's a social song, and it's fantastic to see that side of Shakira again. A song for the anti-capitalists. :eli: rise communion 

SIDE B : NEW SONGS ☀️

Spoiler

Punteria / 9.0 

OMG, this is super sexy. Synthpop-Electropop but feels warm. The lyrics are funny but don't go too far.  The instrumental makes me feel so happy
The part about the G-spot, OMG controversial lol. Truthfully, it's one of those songs that are nice to have a good time with and make you smile.
The sugary-cutesy part of the record 
It reminded me a bit of "Kiss Me More." I loved the video. This is the type of songs i would play while im makin love " not sex" with a boyfriend
Cardi B a great addition here. 

Cohete / 7.5

Honestly, the song is catchy. Although Rawr Alejandro bores me with HIS VOICE, I feel like it has good appeal for the radio-streaming. Good for the clubs. 
I like the spacey vibe of the instrumental. It's like funky? something disco? hmm another sex song. Shakira has been having fun with her boy toys. :eli:
I loved the bridge. I LOVE robotic vocoder bridges??. THE Guitars. Smooth. I like the rhythm. Very immersive. The intro reminds me of an old song??
Feels a bit childish but sweet

Entre Parentesis / 7.5

Hmm, this is the type of music my mom-dad-uncles from the countryside listens to, lol. Awww, it feels real sad. The trauma in Shakira's voice again, OMG. 
Hmm, how interesting to hear Shakira in this genre.  She has explored so many different things. Its crazy. Queen of World Music
This is Mexican regional music?? reminds me a lot of cumbias and vallenatos. Crazily how all of this comes originally from European folk music
Que traigan la botellita de ron intimo. Que aqui nos volvimos campiranas. El Bailaito. TGuMy1f.gif

La Fuerte / 7.5

Another Electropop-Synthpop song? Or is it more like Techno? Trance? influenced I find it hard to identify and differentiate EDM.
Oh, this is nice. A good club track. I found it a bit generic, to be fully honest, but still, it's very danceable.
For fans of Ava Max who love Euro-pop :eli:. The lyrics are indeed very sad again.  Shakira's Teary Eyes
I'll give it extra points because Latino artists rarely release dance songs. Bring more, please.
I love the vocal plugin-effects. Those are uncommon in Spanish music. Latino music can be very minimal with vocal effects
It's about time there's more balance between reggaeton and new genres in Latin America. More Dance plz. We pray for it. 
I feel like this song in English would have been a Hot banger-gem. We need an english version plz lol.  Very Gay :gaydonnacat1:
Produced by Bizarrap

micke-holguin-bello-foto-bizarrap.jpg?resize=489,600&ssl=1

Nassau / 9.0

Hmm, tropical vibes. Que Rico mor. Awww, this is so relaxing. 
the atmosphere of this song is perfect. It's all ethereal but nostalgic. Like a coconut tree from El Dorado but faster
I like the instrumental. It's somewhat mysterious but cute. This is all beautiful. Suave. Intimo
 I like how relaxing it is. Fluye. It feels like Latin Pop, something vintage from the early 2000s. 
I missed this kind of songs a lot. They don't make them like this anymore. Siento los Tonos de Afropop pero son Pequeños. Es mas Stripped Caribbean pop???
It's a delightful song to have with your partner. For the travelers. 

Cómo Dónde y Cuándo / 10

The lyrics, OMG.  this feels a bit like those old folk latino protest songs
The pre-chorus, chorus. It's too perfect. OMG, this feels very Dell-like. It could be a B-Side-Unreleased of the album or a Pies Descalzos.
 It also gave me vibes of Spotlight but more mature. Very ironic. Fun.
I envision this song for all those people who have a group of friends and just wanna have simple fun with them. 
OMG, this feels like Soda Stereo, WTF. OMG, Cerati's soul was reborn in Shakira:gayorkcat2:. It feels somewhat hippie. 
Shakira still has it in her. Pop Punk. Done well.

Tiempo SIn Verte / 10

Hmm, this gives me Western vibes. Car ride ones too.  Reminds me of fire by Sanziana. Hmm, electro-rock? Folky.
Hmm, ... I'm crying... The verses are so good.
The delivery in "Yo que siempre te he creido mi amigo" breaks my heart "Pero te extraño y no sabes cuanto" :chick3:
Awww, the chorus. Poor Shaki. 
The bridge, hmm, interesting. OMG, the banshee vocals :o. 
Powerful. The guitar solo. The raw pain. Yes, Shaki, Shaki. Tell him. Drag him. 
Why her vocals feels so cerati in some of these POP rock songs? i dont know if im the only one feeling the vibe.
Oh damn. She loved that man deeply. 

Ultima / 10
Oh wait. Just some seconds and im already crying. :emofish:
What a dramatic ballad. Lyrics straight to the point
Omg this is as good as "Lo Que mas" but different. Oh so so dark
What a painful ballad. Omg no this too heartbreakin. I Feels so bad for her. Everything she went through :emofish:
Men are pigs :gayriahcat1:now i get why they block me on grindr once im sending them pictures :biblionny:

Just my thoughts and preferences. Not Facts!

Im totally satisfied :clap3: Damn Shaki. What an Ecletic and Solid Breakup album.

With this, I have no doubt that if Shaki wants to make another interesting bilingual album, she can achieve it. She still has the magic :giraffe:
Thank U mom  :'( 

• Like 4

I won't be able to listen to the album for a few more hours but just a few points:

1) why are y'all so butthurt about the singles being on the album? It's NOT the same situation like El Dorado where she filled half the album with old ass stand alones and features. Every one of the LMYNL singles was released by her with a clear intention of launching a new era (apart from TQG) and details the dissolution of her marriage. Why would they not be here? The only real issue is the stupid tracklist order but that's another story...

2) what's up with the El Jefe slander? It's the best and most experimental song she's released in years :biblio: You're unhappy when she does safe radio songs but bring down her efforts to try something new. El Jefe is simply brilliant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tiempo sin verte is that *****!

amazing song

1. Tiempo sin verte

2. Como donde y cuando

3. Nassau

4. Ultima

5. … I'll need to listen again but so far these are my favs - first listen

• Like 1

Not the released singles being the best songs :rip:

From the new ones Entre Parentesis, CDC are the best 

this is without a doubt her best album since She Wolf, it has everything and all the best bits of Shakira :jonny4:

• Like 1

Como Donde y Cuando is amazing :jonny4:

• Like 3

Hardly a masterpiece, but way better than her last two albums. The lyrics and melodies are a return to form, but she could really use some more interesting producers.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 1

Puntería: Sounds like a clone of Say so but more generic, Cardi just doesn't have that strong personality in a song to add an extra here, is this about a new guy effing her? What about her signing that she needs to learn to be alone? 7.0

La Fuerte: Sounds dated and boring, like a BEP demo from The End/Beginning era or early 10s, maybe Will I Am gave her the demo for signing in GLM. 5.0

Tiempo sin verte: This one is actually great, the lyrics are good, the beat is too loud but an acoustic version could elevate this so much more. 8.5 ️ 

Cohete: This one made me cringe, the lyrics are too racy even for her, I wonder what the kids think of this one… it's worst than Te Felicito 6.5.

(): Wow this was a bold choice, is very Mexican regional and it has great lyrics, I'm surprised that she did a song like this for an album. 8.0

Cómo, Dónde y Cuándo: It's fine, it lacks a bigger punch and it does sound very FO/SES era 7.5

Nassau: It's not bad but it doesn't stand out, it's a cute beach/summer track. 7.0

Última: It's funny how she said that this song was the final one about him and then it's all the droplets meaning that this song is kinda the end of the album for her but they had to add all the other old songs… the song is cute but too short. 7.0

Te Felicito: 7.5

Monotonía: 7.0

S53: 8.0

TQG: 8.5

Acróstico: 6.0

Copa vacía: 6.0

El Jefe: 8.0

Average: 7.1

I think that I prefer El Dorado because it is more consistent and the songs there are better done and produced, Toneladas and Nada >>>> better than half of the new album, then Chantaje is so good also La Bicicleta. This album feels like a mixtape or a mix of too many different songs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

La Puntería being a highlight and not a skip :jonny6: Cardi returning to form :jonny:

Me snatching the OP of the first listenable Shakira album in over a decade :jonny6: 

Edited by Doogle
don't drag me I love La Bici

Very, very underwhelming overall after the first listen. Of course i will have to listen to it more, but so far this is not it!

-Punteria: 7/10. (Very generic sounding, outdated electropop. Waste of a feature imo. And i was expecting so much more from a Cardi B collab! But still one of the better songs on the album, and this says a lot!)

-La Fuerte: 7/10.

-Tiempo Sin Verte: 7/10.

-Cohete: 4/10.

-Entre Parentesis: 5/10.

-Como Donde y Cuando: 8/10.

-Nassau: 5/10.

-Ultima: 4/10.

TQG being the best song on the album... :rip:

Edited by BOOM!
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

So much better than I imagined it would be. Whole thing is on repeat

• Like 2

Any chance this will go number one on US iTunes albums? 

#70 on Apple Music Top Albums US

Right now my favorite is Cómo Dónde y Cuándo. Didn't expect that Servando's song would be my top of the new songs, but I love it because it has that Latin American indie rock/SES vibe.

I think this is her strongest work since SES and I hope it gets her fired up for more music.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Triton said:

So technically how many streams does the album have already with all the songs? :eddie:

3.7B

Edited by Red Hot Moon
  • Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.