Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Will be #1 on rhythmic sometime next week at this current pace. But it's gonna peak before Pop even starts :jonny2: 

If only Pop & Urban could get moving now! Someone needs to send her on a radio tour now 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How do we get a Nasty Swiftmix for the #1?

spacer.png

Spoiler

She did a feature for JJ Abram's daughter recently maybe Nice Life can shell out just a smidge of coin 

:ryan3:

Edited by orange22
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Extremely slow but stable at Pop/Urban.

Rhythmic slowed a little to +48 spins (has been +100 spins daily for the past week). Hopefully it's just a blip but still very positive either way :clap3:

• Like 4

On 8/2/2024 at 12:15 PM, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

#43 (+1)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Up 54 spins on pop! & back to blowing up fast at rhythmic :jonny2: 

Only 300 spins between her and Houdini/A Bar Song! PUUUUSH

• Like 6

Rhythmic welcoming this with open arms is great for her regardless. Who knows when the next time she'll send another song to the format but I'm glad they got it together compared to the complete tomfoolery of how X was managed (on all sides) 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

#43 (+1)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Up 54 spins on pop! & back to blowing up fast at rhythmic :jonny2: 

Only 300 spins between her and Houdini/A Bar Song! PUUUUSH

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Stable growth across the board

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Alex said:

Rhythmic welcoming this with open arms is great for her regardless. Who knows when the next time she'll send another song to the format but I'm glad they got it together compared to the complete tomfoolery of how X was managed (on all sides) 

hoping her & her team learn to cut that major label thought process of "don't send to radio unless it's doing numbers on streaming". people in the industry have forgotten that radio can drive those numbers up, if played correctly. same thing with sync deals & soundtracks. 

• Like 3

Moved up to BBC 1 Xtra A List! Also has playlisting at Capital Xtra & Kiss Fresh. Good support in AUS/NZ & Malaysia, Philippines etc. 

Massive win to get this level of UK radio support, so rare for a US R&B act to do it let alone an indie artist. 

• Like 6

is it over? are the kids going back to school?

MMI National Callouts

Issue: August 5th, 2024

(+1) Saturn (#1 2x) 

(-1) Not Like Us (#1) 

3. Beautiful Things (#1 4x) 

4. MILLION DOLLAR BABY (#1 2x) 

(+1) Espresso

(-1) we can't be friends (wait for your love)

7. A Bar Song (Tipsy)

(NE) Nasty

9. End of Beginning

10 (+2) Too Sweet

11 (-3) Tell Ur Girlfriend

12 (+1) Please Please Please

26 (+4) Good Luck, Babe!

36 (NE) 360

37 (-1) Risk

38. The Door

39 (+1) WOMAN'S WORLD

40 (-1) ROCKSTAR

41 (NE) HOT TO GO!

42 (-1) The Craving 

In terms of Burn scores:

17.8% Nasty

14.9% MILLION DOLLAR BABY

12.8% Beautiful Things

11.7% Too Sweet

11.3% A Bar Song (Tipsy)

10.8% Not Like Us

9.3% Espresso

In terms of Demos ranks:

18-24

1. Nasty

4. Saturn

5. Not Like Us

Amazing :jonny4:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nuclear said:

MMI National Callouts

Issue: August 5th, 2024

(+1) Saturn (#1 2x) 

(-1) Not Like Us (#1) 

3. Beautiful Things (#1 4x) 

4. MILLION DOLLAR BABY (#1 2x) 

(+1) Espresso

(-1) we can't be friends (wait for your love)

7. A Bar Song (Tipsy)

(NE) Nasty

9. End of Beginning

10 (+2) Too Sweet

11 (-3) Tell Ur Girlfriend

12 (+1) Please Please Please

26 (+4) Good Luck, Babe!

36 (NE) 360

37 (-1) Risk

38. The Door

39 (+1) WOMAN'S WORLD

40 (-1) ROCKSTAR

41 (NE) HOT TO GO!

42 (-1) The Craving 

In terms of Burn scores:

17.8% Nasty

14.9% MILLION DOLLAR BABY

12.8% Beautiful Things

11.7% Too Sweet

11.3% A Bar Song (Tipsy)

10.8% Not Like Us

9.3% Espresso

In terms of Demos ranks:

18-24

1. Nasty

4. Saturn

5. Not Like Us

Amazing :jonny4:

The burn rate being so high despite it not even being played yet is a bit concerning lmao :monkey: but fantastic numbers otherwise 

Saw this thread and my mind automically flew to that one meme where I first heard this song:

Uvbinanesteagurl😙
Nestea 😍
Uvbinanesteagurl😂✌️
Nestea 🥰
Uvbinanesteagurl 😁
Nestea 🥤
Ubvina🌚
Nestea
Nestea😛
Nestea 💖

Edited by Illyboy
  • Haha 1

@nuclear 

This is what was written in MMI magazine. Looks like it will only get airplay in cities and diverse towns. :rip: 

"Another lady makes a big splash at Top 40 in her first week. Multi-Media star Tinashe (movies, TV, music) debuts in the top 10 at number 8 this week with her definite R&B tune "Nasty". She already hit the top 10 at number 6 in both the Northeast and South and top 15 in the other two. As has happened now for the 6th straight week with the highest debut, the song is also number one among women 18-24. Familiarity is not an issue at 91.8 BUT the fact that it's also number one in Total Burn at very high 17.8 adds to the polarity of the song. I see this as a market-to-market decision based on the diversity of the population. Definitely a long way to go for this one."

• Thanks 3

On 8/4/2024 at 2:38 PM, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

#45 (+3)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Now we know the reason Pop has been so reluctant to play it, hopefully NiceLife can divert some energy to Urban. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

@nuclear 

This is what was written in MMI magazine. Looks like it will only get airplay in cities and diverse towns. :rip: 

"Another lady makes a big splash at Top 40 in her first week. Multi-Media star Tinashe (movies, TV, music) debuts in the top 10 at number 8 this week with her definite R&B tune "Nasty". She already hit the top 10 at number 6 in both the Northeast and South and top 15 in the other two. As has happened now for the 6th straight week with the highest debut, the song is also number one among women 18-24. Familiarity is not an issue at 91.8 BUT the fact that it's also number one in Total Burn at very high 17.8 adds to the polarity of the song. I see this as a market-to-market decision based on the diversity of the population. Definitely a long way to go for this one."

Oh okay. Thanks. Oh wow. I don't understand why it seem as so polarizing. I know Charli is hot right now and she has major label backing. 360 is as polarizing if not more, and 360 is doing wonderfully on pop, even though nasty debut much higher on the callout. 

Edited by nuclear

37 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

#45 (+3)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Now we know the reason Pop has been so reluctant to play it, hopefully NiceLife can divert some energy to Urban. 

I hope it is not polarizing for urban. She going have to fight at urban, the rewards will be worth it. Urban and rhythmic will help immensely with Grammys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nuclear said:

Oh okay. Thanks. Oh wow. I don't understand why it seem as so polarizing. I know Charli is hot right now and she has major label backing. 360 is as polarizing if not more, and 360 is doing wonderfully on pop, even though nasty debut much higher on the callout. 

I think it's more so that it's the compound effect of being a sexual song, meme-ified and a R&B track.

Super Freaky Girl did well at Pop so there's still hope. Plus it's smashing with young female audience so hopefully it can transcend! 

1 hour ago, nuclear said:

I hope it is not polarizing for urban. She going have to fight at urban, the rewards will be worth it. Urban and rhythmic will help immensely with Grammys. 

This! If I was NiceLife I would focus on Urban, the rewards are better long term.

3 hours ago, nuclear said:

it's a combination of the memes and unfortunately the timing of the song being send to top 40 radio. the song would've done much better if it were sent to top 40 & rhythmic at the same time but because the audience that utilizes top 40 the most are also the audience who would've seen the majority of the large number of viral memes on a daily basis on socials, they're somewhat tired of it.

this is where a remix could make a big difference but another unfortunate thing is her team doesn't know that it should've been pushed on radio as well instead of simply used to only drive traffic towards presaves for the album. while her team has been doing a good job, there are aspects of things they just didn't think or care to think about that cost them the chance of seeing the full potential. hoping moving forward they'll learn to create a better plan in the event something does take off on its own again or she decides she wants to give something a proper push, which she should. 

3 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

I think it's more so that it's the compound effect of being a sexual song, meme-ified and a R&B track.

Super Freaky Girl did well at Pop so there's still hope. Plus it's smashing with young female audience so hopefully it can transcend! 

This! If I was NiceLife I would focus on Urban, the rewards are better long term.

Oh okay. If audience are fatigued by it already. It isn't that a bad sign? It seem it doing great on callout score but there is various other factors that is not good. Nasty is mild compared to some of the songs on top40. Hopefully they get it together. Her team should focus on urban and after the VMA performance (they better book main stage) try again at pop. 

i remember telling her team to send it to top40 numerous times, they told me they were waiting for it performance at rhythmic to be better. Now they waited too long. Hopefully i can peak in the top 20 on top40 and top25 overall radio. I wish they invested on artists that is huge on Urban radio for

the remix and push that. 

1 hour ago, Saint said:

it's a combination of the memes and unfortunately the timing of the song being send to top 40 radio. the song would've done much better if it were sent to top 40 & rhythmic at the same time but because the audience that utilizes top 40 the most are also the audience who would've seen the majority of the large number of viral memes on a daily basis on socials, they're somewhat tired of it.

this is where a remix could make a big difference but another unfortunate thing is her team doesn't know that it should've been pushed on radio as well instead of simply used to only drive traffic towards presaves for the album. while her team has been doing a good job, there are aspects of things they just didn't think or care to think about that cost them the chance of seeing the full potential. hoping moving forward they'll learn to create a better plan in the event something does take off on its own again or she decides she wants to give something a proper push, which she should. 

The issue with this rollout, even though her team did made many smart decisions due to their experience, especially breaking artists into the mainstream they also made a lot dumb decisions and industry standards mistake by following the old formula. Old formula won't work for an artist like tinashe. They can really learn a lot from Charli teams. 

The good things is nasty is laying a foundation for the future single to smash. Nasty has done a lot of work in various aspects. Now it up to her and her teammates to take full advantage of the work nasty has currently doing. I hope she has an undeniably smash on the E.P that can capitalize of nasty. The real smash will most likely be a single from this album or the next. 

57 minutes ago, nuclear said:

Oh okay. If audience are fatigued by it already. It isn't that a bad sign? It seem it doing great on callout score but there is various other factors that is not good. Nasty is mild compared to some of the songs on top40. Hopefully they get it together. Her team should focus on urban and after the VMA performance (they better book main stage) try again at pop. 

i remember telling her team to send it to top40 numerous times, they told me they were waiting for it performance at rhythmic to be better. Now they waited too long. Hopefully i can peak in the top 20 on top40 and top25 overall radio. I wish they invested on artists that is huge on Urban radio for

the remix and push that. 

The issue with this rollout, even though her team did made many smart decisions due to their experience, especially breaking artists into the mainstream they also made a lot dumb decisions and industry standards mistake by following the old formula. Old formula won't work for an artist like tinashe. They can really learn a lot from Charli teams. 

The good things is nasty is laying a foundation for the future single to smash. Nasty has done a lot of work in various aspects. Now it up to her and her teammates to take full advantage of the work nasty has currently doing. I hope she has an undeniably smash on the E.P that can capitalize of nasty. The real smash will most likely be a single from this album or the next. 

charli & her team aren't necessarily a good comparison. most people don't know that what's happening with charli now is a result of a plan put in place before her album crash came out. that plus having a major label and people in the industry that she's written for all being supportive have gone a long way for her. 

making mistakes is part of everything and pretty inevitable. the hope really is that they just learn to do better in the future and don't let opportunities pass because of old ways of thinking. there are times the old major formulas work out for the best but that's not every case. i still think getting no sleep was kind of a perfect follow up if they actually tried. 

50 minutes ago, Saint said:

charli & her team aren't necessarily a good comparison. most people don't know that what's happening with charli now is a result of a plan put in place before her album crash came out. that plus having a major label and people in the industry that she's written for all being supportive have gone a long way for her. 

making mistakes is part of everything and pretty inevitable. the hope really is that they just learn to do better in the future and don't let opportunities pass because of old ways of thinking. there are times the old major formulas work out for the best but that's not every case. i still think getting no sleep was kind of a perfect follow up if they actually tried. 

I wasn't saying to copy and paste Charli and her team,  that was never going to work for her now for numerous reasons. I was saying to learn from it. There is a lot they can learn from her marketing. I was just using charli as an example, there are numerous girls that breaking through using various methods. Her team could learn a lot from them. 

I don't believe it is over for nasty yet, there is still a chance to turn things around. I was one of the people begging they drop rhythmic and now nasty has big chance on going #1. They still have the album rollout to push this, hopefully things workout. 

They have to give nasty couple big last pushes before moving on.  They definitely needs to start laying the groundwork for the next single though. That is most important aside the album. 

21 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

#45 (+3)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

#42 (+2)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Only +8 on rhythmic :rip:, hopefully it's just a tiny blip. Pop is slow and steady.

Urban is just there lol :giraffe:

Edited by Tinashebanks
  • Thanks 1

No VMA nom… so no performance I'm actually shocked

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.