Tinashe - "Nasty"

Alex

3 hours ago, YoungDreamer said:

This actually did what it had to do, all their focus should keep the radio moment (and the radio doors open) and of course the Grammys campaign 

I really need them to push on Urban platform since that's where the R&B Grammy voters are. 

The last R&B acts to have three platforms playing them were Vic (On My Mama) & Tyla (Water) so it's a good omen so far! 

• Like 3

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nuclear

• Tinashebanks

• YoungDreamer

• Nashe

Posted (edited)

Yeah I'm not sure how steady (if at all) Urban radio support is with her but i'm shocked that she hasn't done the radio tour yet, maybe she's waiting for album release week?

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah I'm not sure how steady (if at all) Urban radio support is with her but i'm shocked that she hasn't done the radio tour yet, maybe she's waiting for album release week?

Probably but also I don't she her doing like a full big radio tour like she used to do back on Joyride days for budget reasons. Btw she did this whole interview with Hot 97 and it's a great interview tbh

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, YoungDreamer said:

Probably but also I don't she her doing like a full big radio tour like she used to do back on Joyride days for budget reasons. Btw she did this whole interview with Hot 97 and it's a great interview tbh

I'm sure Nice Life can open up that wallet with their Lizzo royalties and give The Breakfast Club a call

undefined-Imgur.thumb.gif.6ce9c9c18fc846

great interview btw, kinda the reason I want more! She seems to be in such a good space rn with all the love coming her way, I love that for her :heart2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

Rank 

Call

Name

Area

WHHL-FM

Hot 104-1

Greater St Louis

WIZF-FM

101.1 The Wiz

Cincinnati, OH

WOWI-FM

103 Jamz

Norfolk, VA

WBTJ-FM

106.5 The Beat

Richmond, VA

WMXZ-F2

Mix 95.9

Lowcountry, SC

These are the stations that have played it overnight in the last week. The interest is there! even if it's stagnant atm :toofunny2:

They're making the same mistake RCA by not investing in Urban Radio/Black Media spaces.

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Alex said:

i need a VMAs performance (main stage.) so bad. Would definitely give the song a massive boost if she can give us a moment.

Probably the only way to do that is invite Nate De Winer to perform with her

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Probably the only way to do that is invite Nate De Winer to perform with her

I'm not opposed to him being involved, he's an excellent dancer! 

I'm screaming at her Nicolas Cage hate rant :skull:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, YoungDreamer said:

the way i used to feel the exact same way about him :toofunny3:

3 hours ago, YoungDreamer said:

We need more content like this! She's so real and funny, like how can people not love her! 

With Nasty crossing the 100M mark, is this close to being certified? Does anyone know what the stats are for Gold/Platinum? 

Edited by L0verb0y

2 hours ago, L0verb0y said:

With Nasty crossing the 100M mark, is this close to being certified? Does anyone know what the stats are for Gold/Platinum? 

150 streams equals to 1 download. So at least 75 million streams would have to be from the USA in order to be eligible for Gold. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 5:34 PM, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

#45 (-1)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

#49 (-1)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

10 New starters at Pop, 6 at Urban. Hopefully big add week at both! 

Rebounded back to over 400k on US Spotify. Ideally it needs to be at 500k mark. 

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

#48 (-1)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

:rip: The Rhythmic numbers are insane, it's almost certainly going #1 at this pace omg. Only 200 spins from Houdini & 500 from Bar Song (Shaboozey).

No early adds this week… :toofunny2: Pop is also moving sluggish, but atleast urban is showing signs of life. 

:suburban:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kishi said:

150 streams equals to 1 download. So at least 75 million streams would have to be from the USA in order to be eligible for Gold. 

Thank you! - Is there a way to track how many streams are from the US or across streaming platforms? I know sales aren't her strong suit, but is there a total somehwere? I would think radio is helping with that haha :spin:

Edited by L0verb0y

Rank

Name

Call

Area

RHYTMIC:

Non-monitored

104.9 The Beat

KBTE-FM

Lubbock, Texas

Non-monitored

Hot 106.1 FM

KNEX-FM

Laredo, TX

POP:

104.7 KDUK

KDUK-FM

Eugene, OR

92.1 The Beat

KTBT-FM

Tulsa, OK

Hot 98-3

WGCO-FM

Savanah, GA

Power 105.3

WWPW-FM

Atlanta, GA

Kiss 105.3

WYKS-FM

Gainesville, FL

URBAN:

99.7 KMJJ

KMJJ-FM

Shreveport, LA

5 Pop adds & 1 Urban this week. Pretty disappointing :monkey:

I've also noticed the radio/industry media like hitsdd & headline planet basically omit nasty from their reporting. I wonder what their deal is :rip:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

#48 (-1)

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

:rip: The Rhythmic numbers are insane, it's almost certainly going #1 at this pace omg. Only 200 spins from Houdini & 500 from Bar Song (Shaboozey).

No early adds this week… :toofunny2: Pop is also moving sluggish, but atleast urban is showing signs of life. 

:suburban:

RHYTHMIC

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

POP

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

URBAN

Position

Spins TW

Spins LW

Move

Aud

Sky Rocketing at Rhythmic, but Stalling at Pop & Urban :monkey: 

• Like 1

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, YoungDreamer said:

This was cute and love this for nasty! 

It's her time ! 

VMAs know what's up! 

• Like 2

And the nominations she better be taking one home or both! 

• Like 1

Nice Life needs to open their purse and get this Gold certification immediately! 

Rhythmic waking up, 100m on Spotify, Gold eligible and the VMAs pre show host gig potentially finally paying off, we love to see it. :clap3:

:bibliahh: :deadbanana4: :rip:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nuclear said:

:bibliahh: :deadbanana4: :rip:

Yeah this page needs.mp3 to chill a biT I remember when they posted she had like 20m daily streams and they got dragged to the pits

• Like 1

What's the hold up with officially sending it to Urban? I am so confused by their game plan moving forward because what are they going to do when it peaks? It should've been already within the Top 30 on that format tbh. 

Nani, much poppier song, is Top 20 on Urban and it's streaming far much worse so I'm going to need Nice Life to get it together and take this more seriously.

EDIT: I'm more insistent on this because most of the time it relies on how it is performing on Rhythmic or Urban AC. If it has already peaked a long time ago before an official push for Urban begins, then the response will be more likely to be lackluster. 

It is also important to note that most of the Grammy voters, especially for the R&B categories are avid Urban radio listeners…

Edited by Crank_It_Up

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.