Ariana Grande & Mariah Carey - "yes, and?"

Kayseri Mantisi

Just now, KOMH said:

For Mariah to be credited it will have to outperform the original across multiple metrics. No chance this is charting as a separate song

That's what I mean. 

As someone not familiar with Ari's sales composition, is her doing CD singles for this helping its chances of being the version that charts?

Asking from the lens of someone who wants Mariah to get her credit.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• wantedyoutogrow

I love how they’re doing a collab.  I hope they did a video too, it will secure Mariah to be credited.    I highly doubt they filmed a video but I can be wrong.   Also wish this was released the second tracking week, Mariah could’ve gotten another #1.   However, I really wished Ariana could’ve moved on to the next single it’s weird how this time she’s not dropping a second single before the album, usually she does & her second singles are good af.  Oh well arts not charts I guess.   

Not her wasting a Mariah feature on such a forgettable song :doc:

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, KOMH said:

For Mariah to be credited it will have to outperform the original across multiple metrics. No chance this is charting as a separate song

That’s not true actually, Billboard is very arbitrary with remixes, it doesn’t need to necessarily “outperform” the OG, it just needs to contribute a significant part of the chart points

for example if the OG does 100 points and Mariah’s remix brings an extra 80 points, she would most likely get credited 

• Like 4

oh wow :ohwow: hopefully it’s an actual remix and not just a verse from mariah or something

37 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

spacer.png

:falsa:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

of all the songs, why this one? :deadbanana:

anything on Positions would've worked

i hate when artists waste the fans want for a certain collab on a remix to a song thats already out. + that doesn’t even make sense to begin with 

• Like 4

Yasssssss I’ve been listening to Mariah and Ariana non stop these past few weeks. What a lovely gift to me!

15 minutes ago, imason said:

However, I really wished Ariana could’ve moved on to the next single it’s weird how this time she’s not dropping a second single before the album, usually she does & her second singles are good af.  Oh well arts not charts I guess.   

She explained that this time around it was more of a concept album and she wouldn't drop a second single before release as she wants us to experience the full thing. 

• Haha 1

Not some of you shading Mariah when she's the only pop girl that actually ventured into 100% authentic House music. 

House infused pop songs =/= House

• Like 10

interesting :cupid:

why remix a song that already hit #1??? and do cd's??

mariah, please save the song (meaning remix tf out of it) :duca:

Edited by whiteferrari

SO GAGGED :jonny5: such a full circle moment, so excited to hear it

So this ho couldn't release it on debut week for Mariah to snatch another #1?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

They are serious atrl members who are suspiscious about Mariah on a house infused song when she has recorded somes on her albums + the remixes 😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️😶‍🌫️ Just because she focused on pop/rnb doesn't mean she can't do other things. 🫠🫠🫠

Edited by Bencharmer
  • Like 1

The level of talent in this collab. We live

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

That's what I mean. 

As someone not familiar with Ari's sales composition, is her doing CD singles for this helping its chances of being the version that charts?

Asking from the lens of someone who wants Mariah to get her credit.

I think it will ultimately hinge on streaming as Ariana isn't a strong physical/digital seller. Though BB could always make an exception if the sales are strong enough. I believe they've done so in the past. 

• Like 1

Jesus, this stupid song that no one wanted from the first place still here, people will buy this for a week, it will be number 1 and they will claim “it’s a hit!!!!” 
which it isn't. 

Poor Republic spending all that money on that wasted song :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

the way they're dropping it on J Lo's release day... no wonder she said she was done making music. 

UpaRner.gif

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.