Ariana Grande & Mariah Carey - "yes, and?"

Kayseri Mantisi

This will be Big Energy all over again nnn hopefully Mariah uses the hype to launch her own era soon

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• DemDam92

Dr. Alexander
Just now, stupidjock said:

This song literally uses Madonna song? 

Can you read? I said she never looked up to her “like that”, as in if it wasn’t anything other than “Vogue” or “Like A Prayer”, she didn’t care.

She literally studied Whitney’s, Brandy’s, Mariah’s, and Imogen’s discography, writing, and vocal style, but Mariah has always been number one for her.

• Thumbs Down 2

2014 : ariana vs mariah
2024 : ariana ft. Mariah

I’m so excited :jonny6:

• Like 7

Imagine getting Mariah and its for a remix to a **** song? 

• Thumbs Down 2

WE NEED A NEW SONG NOT A REMIX AHHH STILL SCREAMING THOUGH

7 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

Mariah? On a house track?:rip:

ot; waste of an opportunity 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

The real fans know Ariana never really looked up to Madonna like that. She started claiming her after Mariah paid her dust during the comparisons era :coffee:

She’s returned home to her true inspiration and that’s why Madonna still hasn’t booked a feature with Ari

Ariana always looked up to Mariah, and Madonna is very fond of Ariana; she brought Ariana onstage at one of her shows and I saw her in VIP at Ariana’s Listening Sessions Show in 2018

6 minutes ago, Taste of Honey said:

Mariah has almost an entire second discography worth of entirely re-sung dance/House music remixes dating back to the early 90s. She isn’t new to this, and is INCREDIBLY true to this genre of music. This is second nature to her. The ones who really know, know this is also where she really explored the depth and range of her vocal ability as well.

Woah, this is so fascinating, I had no idea! RE-SUNG?! 

This song is unworthy of a Mariah Carey remix :sorry: she should've featured her on the album because this isn't doing ****, nor will she get credited 

12 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

The real fans know Ariana never really looked up to Madonna like that. She started claiming her after Mariah paid her dust during the comparisons era :coffee:

She’s returned home to her true inspiration and that’s why Madonna still hasn’t booked a feature with Ari

That's why she covered one of Madonna's songs on her Honeymoon Tour? Try again, she and her mom have been longtime fans but yes, Mariah was always up there too.

Dr. Alexander
1 minute ago, Blue Monday said:

Ariana always looked up to Mariah, and Madonna is very fond of Ariana; she brought Ariana onstage at one of her shows and I saw her in VIP at Ariana’s Listening Sessions Show in 2018

And? What does that have to do with what I said?

• Thumbs Down 1

oop i see the girls are calling mimi to get that song back up the charts, well if it's a legend you want... she picked the right one.

UpaRner.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Can you read? I said she never looked up to her “like that”, as in if it wasn’t anything other than “Vogue” or “Like A Prayer”, she didn’t care.

She literally studied Whitney’s, Brandy’s, Mariah’s, and Imogen’s discography, writing, and vocal style, but Mariah has always been number one for her.

but you said Madonna can't book Ariana as if she didn't just give her a song. Memory loss?

10 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

This song literally uses Madonna song? 

It actually doesn't?

Dr. Alexander

1 minute ago, DuffStan said:

That's why she covered one of Madonna's songs on her Honeymoon Tour? Try again, she and her mom have been longtime fans but yes, Mariah was always up there too.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

52 minutes ago, DemDam92 said:

So lil got 2 #1s for it or how does billboard count?

No. It's the same #1 song. Lil Nas was credited for 19 weeks at #1 and Billy Ray for 18 weeks at #1

The same way happened with Perfect. Ed Sheeran was credited for 6 weeks at #1 and Beyoncé for 5 weeks at #1

22 minutes ago, Zefierce said:

lol what a complete waste.

an actual collab with the two would've ate and been iconic..

'yes, and?' is done for at this point.

No, this actually makes so much sense.

Mariah is THE QUEEN of 1990s house remixes. Her presence will not only be a boost to the song's performance but an almost honorific inclusion of an artist responsible for so many house remix classics, someone who didn't simply send the acapellas to a DJ but who actually went back into the studio to re-record and reimagine the words she wrote to best fit the intention of the remixed version.

Edited by swissman
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Woah, this is so fascinating, I had no idea! RE-SUNG?! 

Mariah's discography is worth (re)discovering, especially when she used to rethink the whole songs' vocals or structure for remixes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Alexander
1 minute ago, stupidjock said:

but you said Madonna can't book Ariana as if she didn't just give her a song. Memory loss?

You live up to your username because I never said that. Go back and read my post. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• I just got excited cause I remembered that Mariah completely reworks her house remixes to make them sound nothing like the original song so this mighy be a treat :wanda: 

This is intriguing! I've never pictured Mariah on a song like this BUT it could honestly work and be iconic.

Such a waste. They could've worked together for a new song. :doc:

ariana-grande-mariah-carey.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.