• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• DemDam92

Y’all. As an Arianator and Lamb before even being an Arianator, this remix is just… not what I’d hoped it would be. I’m actually relieved Mariah filled out the chorus and made Ariana’s voice sound fuller. It needed that. But Mariah’s verse……….. GIRL :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Funnyfatty said:

Yes and? Who are you to judge mother Mariah? If she decided to be loud, then you listen to it and allow your ears to be blessed. 

:rip: No, I'm good thanks. I'll continue listening to the original.

• Like 2

Can we please not push this remix and save our energy for the next single!? Which is undoubtedly gonna be better than Yes, and? :WAP:

Edited by cuteboyzay

Just now, Lovett said:

:rip: No, I'm good thanks. I'll continue listening to the original.

Well i don’t listen to both of them so idc 

:ryan3:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lovett said:

I gave this another stream after everyone said the mix had been fixed... :biblio: Mimi is still LOUD as hell.

I feel like I've been tricked into giving it an extra stream. Well played, lambs. :suburban:

the remix is amazing tho, it sounds so 90s

totally elevates the song and make it sound less mid

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mandalay said:

I think most people aren't familiar with how Mariah sounds recently. She doesn't sound the same she used to. Her voice has become thicker and huskier. See her recent live performances, her audio book vocals, COVID era studio vocals, 'Save the day' and 'Big energy remix' .

The thing is that Mariah on her OWN records has not sounded this way at all. It sounds rushed and forced. Mariah is a master at vocal production, she could’ve done her regular whisper vocals, fixed up certain arrangements and made this song such a gem. It sounds like Ariana sent Mariah the track and asked Mariah to do whatever she wanted with it last minute. I love them so much and they are my faves, but it does not show their strengths at all and it could’ve been so much better :jonny6:.

Still gonna stream tho lmao.

Edited by cuteboyzay

it's actually starting to sound much better now 

spacer.png

it's getting slightly more listenable 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mandalay said:

I think most people aren't familiar with how Mariah sounds recently. She doesn't sound the same she used to. Her voice has become thicker and huskier. See her recent live performances, her audio book vocals, COVID era studio vocals, 'Save the day' and 'Big energy remix' .

Absolutely, and also the fact that some people expected the type of remix Mariah used to do back then, where she would re-record and basically create an entirely new song, when she hasn't even done that since what, the 2000s ? So I understand the disappointment, and also the messy vocal mixing didn't help either.

Yall tricked me into giving this a second stream. The mixing does sound better but that wasn't the only issue with the remix tbh. Still a boot I fear!

The fact that it did +2M streams is surprising :toofunny3:

Edited by State of Grace.

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

the remix is amazing tho, it sounds so 90s

totally elevates the song and make it sound less mid

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, shyboi said:

don't you an album to stream hun? 

Just kidding with you baby, but honestly the original >>>>> the remix:bird:

I still remember Mariah got mad when 'The art of letting go' was first released. Someone in her team put the wrong version and she immediately fixed it with a public statement the next day. I'm inclined to believe this is Ariana's team being incompetent or maybe Mariah doesn't give a f*** anymore.

• Like 2

And for those of you wanting an RnB Mariah, here is her most recent one which you may not be aware of. This is better than YAR.

• Like 1

The mix is much better but we’re still gonna need a DJ mix at this point. Mariah needs to wait for her verse and the more subdued parts of the chorus. 😭 Especially because Ariana did not re-record vocals.

I really wish she was dropping the second single next Friday. It's been crickets since January 12th and this was obviously not good enough to hold anyone over or carry any sort of hype and momentum. We'll listen anyway but damn sis, get us a little bit excited

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wildsidenormani said:

spacer.png

it's getting slightly more listenable 

Legit me getting used to it with each repeat listen… hold on Momriah :gaydonnacat1:

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

I gave this another stream after everyone said the mix had been fixed... :biblio: Mimi is still LOUD as hell.

No she’s not. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

Thats a thing? That a released song gets fixed?? :rip: 

Beyonce removed Kelis la la la from energy after she complained only Pharrell gets royalties from those

Chart folk, where is this likely to chart on the Hot 100?

Ps. Glad they corrected whatever had the girls doing THEE MOST. Leave my girls alone lol.

Why couldn't they release this mix before? Who approved the whole thing? Two of the biggest stars dealing with such mess... in 2024?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.