Ariana Grande & Mariah Carey - "yes, and?"

Kayseri Mantisi

I didn’t like the original. The remix is meh at best and I say that as a huge Mariah fan. I will say it’s better than than the original. Adding Mariah vocals can only add to a song this bad. 

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• DemDam92

I had zero expectations for this remix but somehow it's worst than I imagined. I was really hoping they'd do a real Mariah-style remix and make the song R&B or something. Ugh, this album is gonna flop so hard :chick3:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mezter said:

I had zero expectations for this remix but somehow it's worst than I imagined. I was really hoping they'd do a real Mariah-style remix and make the song R&B or something. Ugh, this album is gonna flop so hard :chick3:

With her being a unapologetic home wrecker it’s been expected this is probably her flop era. Plus she’s releasing bad music with no promotion to help the song. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

This was a weird song for Mariah to join but tbh like the (more Lana) snow on the beach this could be saved with a (less Mariah) version and better editing

some parts really work and others are just too out of place and should be cut. No shade to Mimi. 

It took her a minute to recover from the donut thing. She had a good music to fall back on at least. Breaking up a marriage is way more serious.  I’m seriously interested how this plays out. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Do the have a video coming? I want to enjoy :ahh:

• Haha 1

It’s cute and different from the original in a way, Mariah adds some layers and seniority to this and harmonizes great with Ari.

But why does Mariah sound like Xtina doing a Cher impression?? Kinda reminds me of Madonna in Levitating (remix) and Popular, maybe because this is in a different key and arrangement and they get to use their voices in different tones to match the other artist, it’s cute both like Britney in Scream & Shout, like a whole different voice.

I am so mad at this remix like WHAT IN THE ****. 

• Haha 1

I literally wouldn’t know this was Mariah if I didn’t read it first :rip: 

She sounds like a robot.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Touchdown said:

While ATRL is cursing about earrape, the GP is streaming and buying. :clap3: #7 trending on Youtube music, i wonder if we'll get a real video for it? 

No the GP is dragging sadly lol

People are being over the top for sure though. Belting and loud singing IS what house music is....give me a break.

AI, and?

• Haha 2

WTF the moment Mariah yelled in my ear I bursted into laughter :D

What is this vocal production. Both vocal layers together sound demonic o.o 

Edited by iiswhoiis_max
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Everyone complained about the lack of vocals on the original and now they're complaining it's too loud.

It would have been dragged had Mariah jumped on the track and whispered and cooed all over it.

The way no one is ever satisfied.

zpP3BVa.gif

They should have just done a new song together. 

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

Everyone complained about the lack of vocals on the original and now they're complaining it's too loud.

It would have been dragged had Mariah jumped on the track and whispered and cooed all over it.

The way no one is ever satisfied.

zpP3BVa.gif

It’s weird that Ari was untouched tho if Mariah was taking such a different approach lol

tbh I would have loved if Ari brought *more* energy to match

Also Mariah has sang exactly the vibe of yes and before (eg. caution) so ???

Everyone hates it...

while I'm here bopping

1js6B4ycmgAiQ.webp

Yes AND....

• Like 3

I am loving this. 

The contrast of their voices is great. 

Mariah sounds like Whitney on the Nothin' but love album - natural and thick tone. 

6 hours ago, Saint James said:

@suburbannature all 10 lambs that thumbed this down owe this user an apology :coffee2:

I don't wanna say I told you so. Only the lambs are delusional about modern day Mariah and her capabilities, or lack thereof. 

I love the " Don't you comment on my bodyeeeeee line " 

The spotify version sounds different, is the mixing better for anyone else on this one?

Next, Please

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.