Ariana Grande & Mariah Carey - "yes, and?"

Kayseri Mantisi

Man how the **** can they just put mariah carey randomly so loud during the first pre chorus!! Lets harrass her vocal mixers ok??

• Like 1

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• DemDam92

Just now, Slate said:

Honestly not that bad after a few listens

UpaRner.gif

Liar! The mariah coming in screaming during the first pre chorus with a loudness war, is a producer’s shame 

I just listened to it and yeah wtf was that? Mariah sounds so robotic and lifeless. It sounds like she's singing a completely different song. I wasn't expecting much unlike some users on here thinking the whole song would be reworked but this wasn't even serviceable. Disappointing considering what both artists are capable of. They should have saved the collab for an original song they can take the time and do together so it works because this ain't it. :rip:

• Like 1

But then again why would you put Miss Christmas on a Vogue inspired track? 
spacer.png

• Haha 2

I’m sorry I love both but this is terrible and messy. :ahh:

I genuinely wonder what happened when they both heard the finished version of the song. Was Mariah angry she sounded… kinda off? was Ariana scared and didn’t want to offend her? Did they both think they ate? (they did at times tho)

so many questions and zero answers…

• Thanks 1

the way it sounds better on speakers than on earphones :suburban:  

How did this remix went thru 83838383 proffesional

people who mix and produce… and no one thought this doesnt sound proffesionally released

Yeah. It's not good. I wanted to like it but I prefer the original. thank you, next

dancing-mariah.gif

• Haha 1

Even mimi can’t save this mess of a song

• Like 2

Why is Mariah skipping words during the verses, it sounds like she’s running out of breath. :lmao:

This is giving Accelerate. 

20 minutes ago, jamiko1230 said:

IF they were going to feat. Mariah on ANY song from this era it absolutely should've been on the 'big mid tempo, r&b, soul ' 2nd single. Hyped it for many weeks etc...

This is pretty humiliating for both of them but esp. Mariah. Beyond 'hunger'...even desperation for that 20th #1. It's actually (kind of) demeaning what she's doing to her legacy. It's like 'what' Madonna was doing to a degree for all those terribly cringe years until 'Popular'. Mariah needs to come in and ADD something organically. This couldn't be more polar opposite of 'organic'. lol  

:ahh: Y’all truly need to find a patch of grass, preferably green, and touch your feet to it

Not this serving fan made youtube mash-up made out of filtered acapellas :deadbanana:

• Like 1

Mariah's voice sounds really different here? And why is she screaming half of the time :deadbanana2:

I was actually in shock when I heard this. I can´t believe this got approved. It was also absolutely not sung in a way I ever thought a collab on this song could or would ever sound like. It´s awful and she must have just been happy enough that Mariah wanted to jump on this song. There is no other explanation for this to ever be released in this format.

:deadbanana4: I literally knew it was going to be **** 

Edited by wantedyoutogrow
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Comedor said:

Why is Mariah skipping words during the verses, it sounds like she’s running out of breath. :lmao:

This is giving Accelerate. 

Girl accelerate mixing sounds godly compared to This

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.