Ariana Grande & Mariah Carey - "yes, and?"

Kayseri Mantisi

2 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

that’s why I’m not mad at it, It’s not like a rushed cheap remix to send it to #1 and mariah has magic when it comes to her remixes 

It would be interesting if they turn it to an R&B-ish song

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Touchdown

• Dr. Alexander

• suburbannature

• wantedyoutogrow

Dr. Alexander
27 minutes ago, dabunique said:

dats a phuckin lie

as if Joan & Frankie didn't install their love of Madonna to her and she always stans hard Madonna

You a mf lie hoe

This girl has always said since the beginning of time that India Arie, Brandy, Mariah, Whitney, and Imogen was who she looked up to, who inspired her, and her favorites. It’s the main reason why all her songs have R&B songs undertone. Ariana never gave Madonna with the exception of a cute house track. She liked Madonna for a cute Vogue moment but that was it for ha.

Read it and weep hoe because I know my girl:

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/gimme-five-ariana-grandes-most-inspirational-female-singers-5748215/amp/

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Fume away, gays! :dies:

Mariah is the queen of remixes and has more than plenty house remixes! Her voice absolutely shines in this type of production. I think (and hope) Ariana will let Mariah have a big input on how to revamp the song in a such good way.

I canNOT wait! :duca:

• Like 1

Y’all haven’t even heard it and are already fuming 

Didn’t know they are collaborating. That’s cool. It will definitely help the song’s performance.

Curious to hear it as I struggle to imagine Mariah on it right now !

wasting a mariah carey collab on this song when it could be a total moment if she was on the 2nd single nn

23 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

This feels very unnecessary. The song is perfect as it is and already went #1.

It saves this lazy woman from having to release another video or song before the album :dies:

I love the song but interested to see what Mariah can add. I'd love it if she can add her vocals to the choruses to make them feel a bit fuller

• Like 1

I don’t know what this is gonna sound like given the condemned state of the voice at this time, but we’ll give it a listen, as is our right and royal duty as a lamb. 

Dr. Alexander
7 minutes ago, glitch said:

saves this lazy woman from having to release another video or song before the album :dies:

The video for the remix has already been shot.

all the “why waste a mariah collab on a song that already went #1/flopping” posts are so boring

all you guys think about is charts 

• Like 7

Let's just hope the bridge gets completely scrapped on the remix and gets replaced with Mariah.

Sonically the ugliest part of the entire song.

• Like 1

Now THIS makes me excited, I wonder if they'll remix it a lot or if it'll be just Mariah vocals slapped on the beat, anyway I know they'll both devour and I'm always thankful when it's not a random rapper collab :clap3:

Spoiler

Y'all are never satisfied though, huh?

literally I’m just happy for the ariana mariah lore why does anyone care about charts 

interested to see if it’s mariah on the original beat or they completely revamp the song !

is this the first time Mariah sings in a Max Martin production? interesting

5 minutes ago, mrmarrero said:

Unless the track is completely redone, it would be the first time. 

• Like 1

YES!!! Love that she isn't just passing by the single and gives it a second life with the remix, so unexpected and so nice. Let's see what they bring!

I don't get the complainning, it did well on debut and following weeks but it was left to die; pushing it and (hopefully) doing some promo around it sounds really good to me. I'm still enjoying it as the bop it is :loud:

59 minutes ago, Dr. Alexander said:

You a mf lie hoe

This girl has always said since the beginning of time that India Arie, Brandy, Mariah, Whitney, and Imogen was who she looked up to, who inspired her, and her favorites. It’s the main reason why all her songs have R&B songs undertone. Ariana never gave Madonna with the exception of a cute house track. She liked Madonna for a cute Vogue moment but that was it for ha.

Read it and weep hoe because I know my girl:

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/gimme-five-ariana-grandes-most-inspirational-female-singers-5748215/amp/

Damn go to a therapist !!!

Edited by Bencharmer

10 minutes ago, mrmarrero said:

She sung on a Dr. Luke last year so.....

I get criticisms will always happen but why yall don’t like harmless creative fun collabs 

lambs and arianators rise!

talk mariah GIF

• Thanks 1

My two faves working together will never not be exciting for me even though I would've wanted them to collab on a brand new song.

Can't wait to hear the remix. :duca:

• Like 1

OH IM SAT FOR THIS!!! MARIAH AAAAH

What makes this even more iconic is they are dropping this on jlos album release date lol

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

I would love to hear this. Mariah was the queen of remixes after all, she has some of my fave remixes. Some even better than the original songs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.